Ched Evans - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

It's a step above the threats to break someone's fingers that were dished out over the Grazia incident though!

I wish we knew who it was that was posting the comments on the Grazia site! 

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Well, there is definitely a bit of attention seeking when folk claim they'd kill someone.

Nope, just expressing my opinion and disgust.

I think creatures like Evans have no place in a modern society. Both he and Johnson have believed themselves above the law and their lack of remorse shows they'd do it again.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

He'll be talking about me, just like always. :lol: 

I kinda thought that but didnt want to assume. After all if it was me he meant I'd surely try and grab the glory? 

:wacko:

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

It's a step above the threats to break someone's fingers that were dished out over the Grazia incident though!

Was that the "mulberry bag" thread ? possibly one of the all time greats on here. Personally thought it was better than the Khraigh saga. It was the people creating user names off of this site that did it for me. Genius . not funny if you are on the receiving end but from the outside looking in it had everything !

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope, just expressing my opinion and disgust.

I think creatures like Evans have no place in a modern society. Both he and Johnson have believed themselves above the law and their lack of remorse shows they'd do it again.

Johnson has been convicted of sexual shenanigans with a minor - guilty and sentenced.

Evans was a convicted rapist - now quashed albeit subject to a retrial. rape is abhorrent - however as I said before I read the transcript of the court case and the conviction is decidedly dodgy. He was convicted because the woman was regarded as unable to give consent as she cant remember anything. Evans and his mate both testified that they thought she was willing. There is now law against two men shagging the same woman if she is willing - you seem to view him as guilty anyway - lets see what happens at the retrial if it takes place.

On the wider stage this will open up the discussion on a woman being deemed unable to give consent. Would you lock up all these folk in places like Magaluf , Ibiza etc where they are all pissed up and shagging? You seem to just deem people guilty from heresay or being prudish rather than on any evidence.

5 hours ago, irnbruman said:

Johnson has been convicted of sexual shenanigans with a minor - guilty and sentenced.

Evans was a convicted rapist - now quashed albeit subject to a retrial. rape is abhorrent - however as I said before I read the transcript of the court case and the conviction is decidedly dodgy. He was convicted because the woman was regarded as unable to give consent as she cant remember anything. Evans and his mate both testified that they thought she was willing. There is now law against two men shagging the same woman if she is willing - you seem to view him as guilty anyway - lets see what happens at the retrial if it takes place.

On the wider stage this will open up the discussion on a woman being deemed unable to give consent. Would you lock up all these folk in places like Magaluf , Ibiza etc where they are all pissed up and shagging? You seem to just deem people guilty from heresay or being prudish rather than on any evidence.

As I said on facebook, it seems strange he got convicted and the other didn't.

3 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

As I said on facebook, it seems strange he got convicted and the other didn't.

That was the strange thing for me,  If she was unable to consent to one she must have been unable to consent to both.

25 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That was the strange thing for me,  If she was unable to consent to one she must have been unable to consent to both.

I haven't been bothered to go through all the details of the case, but from memory wasn't it the fact that she'd spent time with the first bloke who then went onto ring Evans who just turned up, used her & legged it down the fire exit?

If that's true then there will have been a difference in how the actions of the two blokes was viewed. Evans had not in any way, shape or form tried to judge if he had consent whereas the other may have had a defence of reasonable belief.

I don't know what the new evidence is & time will tell I guess if it brings about a different outcome.

9 hours ago, irnbruman said:

I deem people guilty from heresay?  Yet you call me prudish without knowing anything about me. 

I have not read the transcript of the trial as I quite frankly have better things to do with my time.

The facts, as I understand them and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong are, Evans went to a hotel after his mate text him because he was told there was a girl who was willing to have sex with him. The girl was out of her face and the mate had already had sex with her.

Evans then decided even though she was paralytic, that he'd have a go too.

The balance of the criminal case is whether the girl could give informed consent. 

Personally I don't care what happens in the trial. If that was your daughter would you just shrug your shoulders and say "well it's not illegal"? 

Evans is a morally repugnant scumbag whether he's guilty of rape or not.

Hopefully you now understand my position a little better but feel free to continue to incorrectly assume stuff if you'd rather.

26 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I deem people guilty from heresay?  Yet you call me prudish without knowing anything about me. 

I have not read the transcript of the trial as I quite frankly have better things to do with my time.

The facts, as I understand them and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong are, Evans went to a hotel after his mate text him because he was told there was a girl who was willing to have sex with him. The girl was out of her face and the mate had already had sex with her.

Evans then decided even though she was paralytic, that he'd have a go too.

The balance of the criminal case is whether the girl could give informed consent. 

Personally I don't care what happens in the trial. If that was your daughter would you just shrug your shoulders and say "well it's not illegal"? 

Evans is a morally repugnant scumbag whether he's guilty of rape or not.

Hopefully you now understand my position a little better but feel free to continue to incorrectly assume stuff if you'd rather.

As I understand it, the new evidence in the case - and hence why the original conviction was overturned and a retrial was ordered - casts some doubt on how paralytic the girl was and whether or not she was capable of giving informed consent or not.

Since that was the main crux of the case, I wouldn't be surprised if the CPS choose to drop it.

That's quite a difficult one for Evans as - in the court of public opinion - it won't look as if he's been cleared, it'll look like he's been let off on a technicality.  I'd say he really needs all the evidence out in open court.  From his perspective, he's nothing to lose from a retrial, as it currently stands his football career is over so being found guilty again won't change that, he's already done his time, so he won't be going back inside. 

I think this case has just opened the issue of when a woman is deemed able to give consent. If she was paralytic and the other two were relatively sober then I can see that they took advantage of her. If everyone concerned was drunk then what happens? can the man make a judgement that the woman is not able to give consent? 

8 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I think this case has just opened the issue of when a woman is deemed able to give consent. If she was paralytic and the other two were relatively sober then I can see that they took advantage of her. If everyone concerned was drunk then what happens? can the man make a judgement that the woman is not able to give consent? 

Evans wasnt drunk. He drove to the hotel where the other two were.

59 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

Are you suggesting that a man stating "I was drunk" should be an acceptable defence for rape?

Certainly was twisting my words. What I suggested was that if both parties are not sober - can the man determine whther the woman is unable to give consent - if he was sober and she was pissed then Id say there is a possibility of him determining that - even if the woman asks for sex. If they have both been drinking and the woman wants to have sex (as opposed to the man forcing himself upon her) then I would hazard a guess that extremely few men would say  -hang on a minute  - although she is asking to have sex- I don't think she is capable of giving consent.

This whole area is a minefield and in my opinion extremely different from having sex against the will of the woman.

11 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Are you suggesting that a man stating "I was drunk" should be an acceptable defence for rape?

That's a load of shit even from someone as cantankerous as yourself  - you know fine well I did suggest anything like that . Go back into your hole - youa re one horrible piece of work.

9 hours ago, irnbruman said:

That's a load of shit even from someone as cantankerous as yourself  - you know fine well I did suggest anything like that . Go back into your hole - youa re one horrible piece of work.

You post made a rather confusing post and I ask for clarification, what's shit about that? 

Edited by Larky Masher