Ched Evans - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 hours ago, irnbruman said:

Certainly was twisting my words. What I suggested was that if both parties are not sober - can the man determine whther the woman is unable to give consent - if he was sober and she was pissed then Id say there is a possibility of him determining that - even if the woman asks for sex. If they have both been drinking and the woman wants to have sex (as opposed to the man forcing himself upon her) then I would hazard a guess that extremely few men would say  -hang on a minute  - although she is asking to have sex- I don't think she is capable of giving consent.

This whole area is a minefield and in my opinion extremely different from having sex against the will of the woman.

Utter tripe.

If you're drunk and you have sex, you're leaving yourself open to accusations. And that would be your own fault as you chose to get drunk.

Control is in your own hands (so to speak!) and shagging a drunk lassie is a stupid thing to do at any time.

And just to make things clear, Evans was sober. This excuse doesn't wash for him.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If you're drunk and you have sex, you're leaving yourself open to accusations. And that would be your own fault as you chose to get drunk.

Control is in your own hands (so to speak!) and shagging a drunk lassie is a stupid thing to do at any time.

But crucially, not illegal. 

42 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

If she was in such a condition that her capacity to give consent was impaired then you'd be on very thin ice.

Absolutely, but as I understand it, the new evidence that has forced the retrial brings into question the level of her impairment - which is what the original conviction was predicated on.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

As long as it's legal you're happy? 

Completely irrelevant what I think, it's what the law says that is important. 

20 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

As long as it's legal you're happy? 

2.5 years in jail and your career ruined for something that's legal but immoral? Seems harsh*

*Based on the evidence of the new trial proving him not guilty

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, dan cake said:

very surprised hertz werent in for him 

they've got previous for this sort of thing

disgusting

Bizarre rant!

:lol:

I don't know the ins and outs of the case (excuse pun), but there's obviously a bit of doubt if he's got an appeal. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Bizarre rant!

I don't know the ins and outs of the case (excuse pun), but there's obviously a bit of doubt if he's got an appeal. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

He won his appeal.

It's a re-trial that's pending.

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Bizarre rant!

aye yer right, hertz prefer them guilty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...