Ched Evans - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Being a khunt or a disgusting individual isn't a criminal offence and shouldn't see someone jailed for two and a half years.

Lets be clear though, no-one comes out of this with any credit, including Ched Evans.

I followed the original case quite closely and was pretty shocked that he was found guilty on the basis of the evidence submitted.  When the case went to appeal and additional evidence was led, it wasn't a surprise that the original verdict was overturned and that the subsequent retrial saw him acquitted. 

The real problem here though is that rape is very difficult crime to bring successful prosecutions in, for obvious reasons.  Cases like this where false allegations are made - for whatever reasons, Police badger the complainant to press charges and prosecutors take a flier on dubious grounds purely because of the high profile of the suspect - and no doubt to make a name for themselves only make it more difficult, not easier, to gain prosecutions in genuine cases of rape.

I really hope that Evans sues for malicious prosecution.  

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Being a khunt or a disgusting individual isn't a criminal offence and shouldn't see someone jailed for two and a half years.

Lets be clear though, no-one comes out of this with any credit, including Ched Evans.

I followed the original case quite closely and was pretty shocked that he was found guilty on the basis of the evidence submitted.  When the case went to appeal and additional evidence was led, it wasn't a surprise that the original verdict was overturned and that the subsequent retrial saw him acquitted. 

The real problem here though is that rape is very difficult crime to bring successful prosecutions in, for obvious reasons.  Cases like this where false allegations are made - for whatever reasons, Police badger the complainant to press charges and prosecutors take a flier on dubious grounds purely because of the high profile of the suspect - and no doubt to make a name for themselves only make it more difficult, not easier, to gain prosecutions in genuine cases of rape.

I really hope that Evans sues for malicious prosecution.  

Spot on . When I read the transcript of the first case - the conviction seemed ludicrous . After saying they had a majority verdict - the judge had to ask the jury to come up with a unanimous verdict or they would be back the following week - then within a short space they came back and found Evans mate not guilty and Evans guilty.  People were slating Evans for never admitting his "guilt" and always protesting his innocence - ridiculous assumptions from certain quarters - most high profile in the case of Jessica Ennis Hill threatening to remove her name from one of the stands. As said above his behaviour might not have been that great but it was stupidity not a criminal act. Glad to see the proper outcome now.

56 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm not familiar with the case so i might be speaking out of turn, didn't this new trial have witnesses who now get paid by the Evans family?

Seems it's been a clusterfeck all round

No, although his girlfriend offered to pay a hotel receptionist if he could provide any further evidence but the judge rulled it was just a desperate plea to help him.

The second trial his defence were allowed to question the girl, which normally isnt't allowed unless there is evidence of sort to justify it. That evidence seemed to come from 2 other men who had a similar experience with the girl days before the Evans meeting. It was also claimed there was another similar liason days after the Evans meeting.

8 hours ago, phart said:

I'm not familiar with the case so i might be speaking out of turn, didn't this new trial have witnesses who now get paid by the Evans family?

Seems it's been a clusterfeck all round

This was alleged, by the prosecution, due to something on a 'ched Evans is innocent' website, offering a reward for information that would help clear his name. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Struggling with the rationale why the jury was allowed to hear the sexual history of the victim. 

It's normally not allowed but due to the very, very similar nature of the two situations, it was allowed to be included. 

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Struggling with the rationale why the jury was allowed to hear the sexual history of the victim. 

I don't think it was so much sexual history, but her memory losses, when she had been drinking and had not appeared drunk 

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

I don't think it was so much sexual history, but her memory losses, when she had been drinking and had not appeared drunk 

Can't remember the full story but didn't Evans mate text him to tell him the girl was wanting to meet.him. Surely he would have known she had been drinking? 

The whole thing stinks and if my daughter brought him home as her boyfriend I think I'd be looking for a hammer faster than Jim McLean at a press conference. 

He may not be a rapist but he has the morals of a sewer rat.

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Can't remember the full story but didn't Evans mate text him to tell him the girl was wanting to meet.him. Surely he would have known she had been drinking? 

The whole thing stinks and if my daughter brought him home as her boyfriend I think I'd be looking for a hammer faster than Jim McLean at a press conference. 

I think the mate met her in a kebab shop 

not understanding your point about drinking - prosecution point was she was incapable of giving consent due to ecessive drunken-ness

30 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He has the morals of a 20 something year old guy. 

Weve all been there,pished,get yer hole and get out again. 

He seems to have just been unlucky. 

She should be named after all of this,what stinks is that she can merely walk away like nothing happened. 

From being on a jury for a rape case,ive seen first hand what a wrong allegation can do to a person and it's not nice,absolutely disgusting that a woman can't be named at all. 

30 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

She should be named after all of this,what stinks is that she can merely walk away like nothing happened. 

From being on a jury for a rape case,ive seen first hand what a wrong allegation can do to a person and it's not nice,absolutely disgusting that a woman can't be named at all. 

I would suggest that your "signature" disqualifies you from commenting on this.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Sorry but think you're talking pish. I've been a 20 year old and have a son that age. I would never behave like that. And I've made sure my son has enough respect for himself that he wouldn't do that either. it's sad that you think that type of behaviour is acceptable. 

Would you think the same if a large gay gentleman had used you in the same way?

The reason for mentioning the drink was in response to a previous post about the girl drinking and not looking particularly drunk whilst having memory lapses.

40 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry but think you're talking pish. I've been a 20 year old and have a son that age. I would never behave like that. And I've made sure my son has enough respect for himself that he wouldn't do that either. it's sad that you think that type of behaviour is acceptable. 

Would you think the same if a large gay gentleman had used you in the same way?

The reason for mentioning the drink was in response to a previous post about the girl drinking and not looking particularly drunk whilst having memory lapses.

I probably wouldn't be in the vulnerable position of a large gay gentleman,but as was apparently shown,this wasn't the first or last time that she had been in this position,thus saying to me that she didn't exactly be as vulnerable as was suggested  

A cynic may just say she was a bit of a slag. 

Yet he's the bad guy. 

Utter bollocks imo. 

And I never said it was acceptable but it's the world we live in nowadays. 

I've never participated in said event with one of my pals,but I have been in and out with various females,just like many red blooded males have. 

I never said it was acceptable,it happens every day though. 

I probably wouldn't be in the vulnerable position of a large gay gentleman,but as was apparently shown,this wasn't the first or last time that she had been in this position,thus saying to me that she didn't exactly be as vulnerable as was suggested  

A cynic may just say she was a bit of a slag. 

Yet he's the bad guy. 

Utter bollocks imo. 

And I never said it was acceptable but it's the world we live in nowadays. 

I've never participated in said event with one of my pals,but I have been in and out with various females,just like many red blooded males have. 

I never said it was acceptable,it happens every day though. 

Whether she's a slag or not is completely immaterial. No woman should be used in the way it appears she has been. You are excusing it with your comments about red blooded males etc. You're beginning to sound like Trump.

And just because it happens every day doesn't make it ok. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Whether she's a slag or not is completely immaterial. No woman should be used in the way it appears she has been. You are excusing it with your comments about red blooded males etc. You're beginning to sound like Trump.

And just because it happens every day doesn't make it ok. 

I would think after the 2nd or 3rd time,she would have to be extremely unlucky to keep getting caught in this situation sugggests that she isn't being "used" in any way at all and she is actually willing this to happen. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I would think after the 2nd or 3rd time,she would have to be extremely unlucky to keep getting caught in this situation sugggests that she isn't being "used" in any way at all and she is actually willing this to happen. 

I'd suggest that you should stop digging as the hole you are in is already rather deep.

The jury found him not guilty. 

3 adults took part in something that may or may not be acceptable. 

It doesn't seem to be the first time she has taken part in this. 

Cried rape and wasn't believed. 

Im happy with my original statement. 

As I say,I've seen the mess it leaves the guys in and she should be named also. 

Purely my opinion. 

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Why should the girl in this case be named?