Ched Evans - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

So a convicted rapist should have been allowed to walk free?

No but the original conviction was unsound, hence it was overturned by the court of appeal and then he was acquitted on retrial. He should never have been *convicted* in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

It was overturned by money.

It's a sad indictment of the system that a not-guilty man was only given justice because he could afford a top class lawyer. 

To say "money can buy you freedom", suggests that he's somehow bought his way out of trouble. When in reality, his money has only bought him justice. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's a sad indictment of the system that a not-guilty man was only given justice because he could afford a top class lawyer. 

To say "money can buy you freedom", suggests that he's somehow bought his way out of trouble. When in reality, his money has only bought him justice. 

He bought doubt.

13 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

What constitutes a slag?

That in itself can be determined many ways. 

For me,it's someone openly looking to engage in 3somes on more than one occasion and have no regrets about it,then cry rape when they're too pished to remember any of it  

For others,it may be someone that sleeps with a guy then another one a couple of weeks later. 

This is merely my opinion,just don't think it's very fair to have all the blame on one person when there was 3 there. 

And yes,I would have him down in the same catagory as her,which doesn't make him a scumbag and her whiter than white. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

That in itself can be determined many ways. 

For me,it's someone openly looking to engage in 3somes on more than one occasion and have no regrets about it,then cry rape when they're too pished to remember any of it  

For others,it may be someone that sleeps with a guy then another one a couple of weeks later. 

This is merely my opinion,just don't think it's very fair to have all the blame on one person when there was 3 there. 

And yes,I would have him down in the same catagory as her,which doesn't make him a scumbag and her whiter than white. 

How very 1950s.

20 hours ago, phart said:

I thought someone had offered money.

You would think so given the absurd claim he bought the decision. Apparently having the money to get a decent lawyer is tantamount to bribing the judges. Hysterical whining garbage.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

You would think so given the absurd claim he bought the decision. Apparently having the money to get a decent lawyer is tantamount to bribing the judges. Hysterical whining garbage.

I believe his fiancé offered a cash reward for anyone coming forward with new information that would help his case.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

'Justice in England is open to all, like the Ritz Hotel' :wink2: 

Edited by Regenmann

13 hours ago, thplinth said:

No one is speaking about money used for a lawyer though. It's the reward to anyone willing to testify. Then suddenly ex-boyfriends/partners appear.

No judge or lawyer buying.

5 hours ago, phart said:

No one is speaking about money used for a lawyer though. It's the reward to anyone willing to testify. Then suddenly ex-boyfriends/partners appear.

not true - 1 of the guys volunteered information straight away back in 2012

only introduced to trial now cos the alleged language used by the female was similar, so defence used this to co-oberate what Evans was claiming she said  

Front page of a national paper today. 

Named man is arrested for alleged rape. 

Why name him and not her?

Name no one if that is the case,as I said before,he has this tarnished to his name for life now,if it turns out to be true,then hang him,don't just jail him,but fairness to all involved in the case had to be observed surely??

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Mike Buchanan seems to be a right evil bastird.

Some of those comments are vile. So what if the woman enjoyed sex, that doesnt excuse rape FFS.

7 hours ago, phart said:

Well I dare say some folk would have just kept quiet and steered clear of the hassle without the reward to motivate them if that was the case for some witnesses.

Are you thinking they just made up stuff they thought the defense wanted to hear? Pretty risky move that if you get caught in a lie in court. How much were the rewards out of curiosity? If they were huge then maybe... 

I think Parklife's point is about right, he used his cash to get justice for himself and even then it was after nearly losing it all. What will he have lost from this if you total it all (financial and otherwise) up I wonder. Imagine that if you had actually not done anything illegal.

Also there seems to be a sugar and spice attitude to the respective sexes amongst a few white knight posters which starts to grate after a while. I am not even following this so I'll shut up. :lol:

2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

not true - 1 of the guys volunteered information straight away back in 2012

only introduced to trial now cos the alleged language used by the female was similar, so defence used this to co-oberate what Evans was claiming she said  

Is this Gavin Burrough you're talking about?

Which guy offered the info? I hadn't heard about that.