Ched Evans - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

not true - 1 of the guys volunteered information straight away back in 2012

only introduced to trial now cos the alleged language used by the female was similar, so defence used this to co-oberate what Evans was claiming she said  

He was interviewed in 2011 but did mention the "go harder" request even though police say a direct question about that was asked., he wasn't interviewed again until 2015.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Why?

By his own admission, he cheated on his girlfriend to have sex with a drunk girl at a party, then phoned a mate to come round as well. He also found a legal way to bring her previous sexual history into court, normally prohibited, in order to prove that she was 'up for it'. Innocent in law perhaps, but I'm definitely in the "scumbag waste of space" camp.

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

By his own admission, he cheated on his girlfriend to have sex with a drunk girl at a party, then phoned a mate to come round as well.

Yup. Scumbag. Shouldn't stop him playing football though, nor land him in prison. 

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

He also found a legal way to bring her previous sexual history into court, normally prohibited, in order to prove that she was 'up for it'. Innocent in law perhaps, but I'm definitely in the "scumbag waste of space" camp.

If i had been falsely accused of rape, not saying he was or wasn't but if he was, i would want my lawyer to anything that'd help prove my innocence. 

I'm not a fan of the school of thought that someone should make a mistake and have to pay for it for the rest of their lives.

This also applies to the racist Rangers fans and the racist Celtic fan the Rangers fans have dug up (and claimed works at celtics training ground) involved in the morale point scoring between the 2. These guys have done something wrong/stupid/despicable..... but the consequences of the witch hunts against them can be a bit much.

Regardless of innocence, there's enough evidence for people to make a judgement on Ched Evans, but i know for a fact that there's plenty footballers (and others) with equally low morales that aren't being hounded out of jobs.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm not a fan of the school of thought that someone should make a mistake and have to pay for it for the rest of their lives.

This also applies to the racist Rangers fans and the racist Celtic fan the Rangers fans have dug up (and claimed works at celtics training ground) involved in the morale point scoring between the 2. These guys have done something wrong/stupid/despicable..... but the consequences of the witch hunts against them can be a bit much.

Regardless of innocence, there's enough evidence for people to make a judgement on Ched Evans, but i know for a fact that there's plenty footballers (and others) with equally low morales that aren't being hounded out of jobs.

Not hounding him out of anything but if he turned up at my club, that would be the end of my support for them.

Regardless of the legal definitions, he's a rapist. 

16 hours ago, dan cake said:

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not hounding him out of anything but if he turned up at my club, that would be the end of my support for them.

It's weird that you're so moralistic when you support a club that, for decades, openly used a sectarian recruitment policy. 

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No, rape is a legal term. You can't just say "regardless of legal definition". I'm sure you know that, if you think logically. 

The guy is clearly a bit of a scumbag though, no arguments from me on that. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No he's not. 

Hes clearly not wired up right,but his conviction was quashed in a court of law. 

I've had sex with lassies when we've both been out of it after a night on the lash,including my wife. 

Does that make me a rapist too?

Edited by dandydunn

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I've had sex with lassies when we've both been out of it after a night on the lash,including my wife. 

Always been jealous of those that can manage on a swallyfull. I could never get wood on when blootered. 'Er indoors has giving up trying now. 

24 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No he's not. 

Hes clearly not wired up right,but his conviction was quashed in a court of law. 

Pretty sure Evans was sober and drove to the hotel to meet his mate and the lassie. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

While I don't think I'd want to go for a pint with him, and certainly wouldn't want him dating my sister/daughter. I don't think I'd stop supporting my club because they signed him.

As parkie likes to remind us, gazza was/is a wife beater as an example. Is that ok?

50 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Was he?

Makes me feel rather guilty now :unsure:

Yeah, IIRC, his mate met the girl and texted Evans to come at meet them at the hotel where the incident occurred. 

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Serious question, why is he a rapist?

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's weird that you're so moralistic when you support a club that, for decades, openly used a sectarian recruitment policy. 

No, rape is a legal term. You can't just say "regardless of legal definition". I'm sure you know that, if you think logically. 

I have withdrawn my support before due to the ineffective efforts at stamping out sectarianism and would do so again. Fortunately I wasn't going to games when the policy you mention was in place.

And you're right, rape is a legal term but I'm just expressing my opinion. If a sober guy answers a text from a mate to go and shag a drunk girl he doesn't know when he already has a partner, I'd say he's a rapist. I understand the law disagrees. 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

No he's not. 

Nope, he was sober and drove to a hotel on the word of his friend. He hadn't even spoken to the girl. 

In my opinion he's a rapist. 

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

While I don't think I'd want to go for a pint with him, and certainly wouldn't want him dating my sister/daughter. I don't think I'd stop supporting my club because they signed him.

As parkie likes to remind us, gazza was/is a wife beater as an example. Is that ok?

Nope, it's not and if I remember correctly that only came out after he left Rangers or just before. 

Gazza is also slightly different as he has been medically diagnosed with mental health issues. That's no defence of course but I don't think it puts him in the same boat as Evans. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope, it's not and if I remember correctly that only came out after he left Rangers or just before. 

Gazza is also slightly different as he has been medically diagnosed with mental health issues. That's no defence of course but I don't think it puts him in the same boat as Evans. 

Is sleeping with a drunk girl who the courts have decided wanted to sleep with them worse than beating up your wife?