Poland V Scotland - Starting Xi - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland V Scotland - Starting Xi

John_B81

Should we make any changes? I'd go with the same xi that won at the weekend, don't think we need to do much (if any) tinkering to a winning formula though Poland are a much bigger test than Georgia obviously.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------------------Marshall

Hutton--------------Martin---------------Hanley----------Robertson

------------------D.Fletcher-----------Brown-------------McArthur

Morrison----------------------------------------------------------------------Anya

------------------------------------Naismith

Pack the midfield, really cannot afford get beat now with Poland beating Germany, need to stuff them out and try nick a goal, wotn be pretty but need to make sure we dont lose!

I thought Scott Brown was honestly outstanding on Saturday. After Morrison getting booked earlier on I think he had to do most of the digging in midfield, which he did tirelessly. I think he'll be one of our most important men on the field tomorrow. Also have to give a mention to Andrew Robertson, how good is this young lads delivery?! Apart from his error at the end he had a great game too.

The only changes I'd make would be Bannan for Maloney, as I thought wee Barry Bannan played well in Germany and we'll need a similar performance tomorrow. Hutton and Maloney didn't link up well on Saturday in my opinion, looking down on the game from Copland Rear I think they were slow to go forward at times. I'd also put Darren Fletcher on for Steven Fletcher, to put another body in the middle of the park and push Naismith up top on his own.

I think S.Fletcher links up play superbly and holds the ball up well for us which is why it's hard to drop him. But he was blowing out his hoop after 65 minutes on Saturday and we can't afford to have any passengers.

Huge match, in Gord we trust!

I thought Scott Brown was honestly outstanding on Saturday. After Morrison getting booked earlier on I think he had to do most of the digging in midfield, which he did tirelessly. I think he'll be one of our most important men on the field tomorrow. Also have to give a mention to Andrew Robertson, how good is this young lads delivery?! Apart from his error at the end he had a great game too.

The only changes I'd make would be Bannan for Maloney, as I thought wee Barry Bannan played well in Germany and we'll need a similar performance tomorrow. Hutton and Maloney didn't link up well on Saturday in my opinion, looking down on the game from Copland Rear I think they were slow to go forward at times. I'd also put Darren Fletcher on for Steven Fletcher, to put another body in the middle of the park and push Naismith up top on his own.

I think S.Fletcher links up play superbly and holds the ball up well for us which is why it's hard to drop him. But he was blowing out his hoop after 65 minutes on Saturday and we can't afford to have any passengers.

Huge match, in Gord we trust!

Play him for 65 mins then!

FFS Hanley out is a blow, with Berra or Greer taking his place i now feel far less confident about getting a result, dont rate either of them. Really buggered at centre half, not many good scottish centre halfs around

True. How many Scottish centre halves are regular starters in the SPFL Premiership? Changed days...

We were spoiled in that department years ago, we struggled for forwards and midfield players now we are spoiled for choice there, we really need to try find someone coming through soon, as If Martin and Hanley both injured then we are really screwed, wouldnt fancy a central defense of Greer and Berra or Reynolds for that matter.

Definately changed days

I like Hanley and think that he is developing into a good solid centre half. Although at this moment in time I would be more concerned if Martin was injured out of the pair who played on Saturday.

I am sure that Greer, Berra or Reynolds will do a job in there when required, although Martin is the 'glue' holding the back four together if you like.

Greer in for Hanley and McArthur in for Maloney would be my changes from Saturday. IMO we cannot take a chance with Darren Fletcher, sorry but the boy has only played 25 min this season.