Sfa = Money First, Qualification Second - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa = Money First, Qualification Second

Libertador-de-Escocia

Firstly, when it comes to supporting Scotland. I wouldn't let the recent politics get in the way of my support. The success of the team is too important to me.

I will sing the National Anthem as proudly as ever & give the players my full support whenever they take the field.

However, I've been very disappointed in recent years and even more so now at the way the recent campaigns have been allowed to become less and less exciting and particularly how we have not made every effort to give ourselves the best possible chance of success and ultimately qualification to major tournaments.

Our main asset is our fans. In order to give ourselves an advantage we need a full, loud and intimidating Hampden. The SFA's priority should been making sure this happens. And I just can't get my head around why this isn't the case.

I realise there were reasons why we weren't at Hampden on Saturday. And as much as Ibrox is possibly a better stadium than Hampden. It just didn't feel like our home.

The last time we had decent success was the France, Italy & Ukraine group. And as far as I remember it was a full Hampden, with brilliant atmosphere. Which inspired the team to some very good performances.

This ensured the SSC was full, which must have taken in plenty money for the SFA. Surely this is a better business plan..........

Do everything in your power to give the team a chance of success and qualification. Fill the stadium with sensible pricing based on the standard of opposition. Listen to the fans with regards to what they want pre match to get the stadium rocking for match ahead. We are lucky to have such a passionate support to help the team in groups where we are maybe not the best team. But with the backing we can provide to the team we have proved we can match anyone.

It's shocking to read people are starting to lose faith at a time where we have big games ahead and a manager and team to be proud of. And in my mind this is down to the SFA's "money first" policy. And it can't be allowed to happen.

They are definitely more interested in self enrichment orientated decision making rather than doing the best thing for Scotland or Scottish football orientated decision making.

But IMO it goes deeper than that, they are actually anti-nationalist in character. They like their jobs and fat salaries sure but they really don't want to see the football team's success fueling a big surge in national feeling.

Ask yourself how the board of the SFA likely voted, I can't see then being Yes can you? I think they are self loathers personally.

Got to agree. I think the clear motivation of the SFA no with regards to the national side is to glean as much cash as possible. On the list of SFA priorities, we are not even in it, we are represented by £ signs.

IMO the SFA should have come out in favour of independence. How could anyone possibly criticise them for doing that? Team GB anyone?

Firstly, when it comes to supporting Scotland. I wouldn't let the recent politics get in the way of my support. The success of the team is too important to me.

I will sing the National Anthem as proudly as ever & give the players my full support whenever they take the field.

However, I've been very disappointed in recent years and even more so now at the way the recent campaigns have been allowed to become less and less exciting and particularly how we have not made every effort to give ourselves the best possible chance of success and ultimately qualification to major tournaments.

Our main asset is our fans. In order to give ourselves an advantage we need a full, loud and intimidating Hampden. The SFA's priority should been making sure this happens. And I just can't get my head around why this isn't the case.

I realise there were reasons why we weren't at Hampden on Saturday. And as much as Ibrox is possibly a better stadium than Hampden. It just didn't feel like our home.

The last time we had decent success was the France, Italy & Ukraine group. And as far as I remember it was a full Hampden, with brilliant atmosphere. Which inspired the team to some very good performances.

This ensured the SSC was full, which must have taken in plenty money for the SFA. Surely this is a better business plan..........

Do everything in your power to give the team a chance of success and qualification. Fill the stadium with sensible pricing based on the standard of opposition. Listen to the fans with regards to what they want pre match to get the stadium rocking for match ahead. We are lucky to have such a passionate support to help the team in groups where we are maybe not the best team. But with the backing we can provide to the team we have proved we can match anyone.

It's shocking to read people are starting to lose faith at a time where we have big games ahead and a manager and team to be proud of. And in my mind this is down to the SFA's "money first" policy. And it can't be allowed to happen.

I hate to break it to you but the Scotland National Football teams main asset isn't their fans. It's Billy Stark.

Independence is supported across many nationalities including many english fowk!

Maybe but do you think Regan was one of them? We keep saying how politics and sport don't mix so don't think we can sit here and say the SFA should've supported the Yes vote. The issue here is down to pricing by the SFA not the referendum.

Ibrox better than Hampden? You werena sitting in the Bill Struth stand where the 3 sinks in the bogs never had running water between them after 40 minutes I presume, place is a mess

No I was in the Main Stand Club Deck. It wasn't too busy where we were. And the toilets seemed fine in there.

First time I have been to Ibrox, so can't comment on any other part of the stadium.

But I'm looking forward to getting back to Hampden.

I am pretty sure there was a thread on here 2 years ago where someone leaked the SFA corporate goals.

One of them was to increase revenue by £1 million....

The objectives weren't "leaked" they were freely available on one of their published documents.

I predict they'll either "freeze" prices for the next campaign OR if the bigger games get close to selling out, maintain those prices and charge less for the lower seeded sides, thereby ensuring they get the same revenue by selling more tickets. In both scenarios they can say they've listened and responded to feedback. We may not see a friendly at such high prices next time either, as hopefully it'll be half empty.

It's crucial we get better crowds for really important home games but it's the same situation as clubs - sfa wont want to reduce ticket prices that season ticket holders have already paid for.

Simple answer - give season ticket holders a free ticket for the next home friendly and then cut the public sale prices for the rest of the qualifiers (except maybe Germany which should pull a full house or close to).

If the sfa are not to proud to admit they made a mistake then this would work. Full stadia to push the team on and more revenue overall instead of empty seats.

The objectives weren't "leaked" they were freely available on one of their published documents.

I wonder if their objective this season was to go down form 20,000 season ticket holders to say 6,000 ?

Edited by Dr V

Tam Cowas slating Regan in the sun. Did you know that Poland had a 2 match package for games against Germany and Scotland for a grand total of..........£30

Yes thats right a whole £15 cheaper than a ticket against Georgia

what the are Regan and his mob on???

Have SFA made any comment on the size of the crowd against Georgia?

Has any journalist asked Regan or Broadfoot to comment on the fact that Ibrox was only two thirds full or ask them to justify the ticket prices?

I thought the SFA said the prices were "competitive" - 15,000 Scotland fans clearly don't agree.