Bardsley - Where Is He? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bardsley - Where Is He?

Dave78

For all the criticism of Hutton i still rate him.

But why isn't Bardsley in the squad?

He's having a great season for his club, and let's face it - we're not exactly blessed with first class defenders.

One of the lads in the pub tonight was saying it must be a lack of commitment (which WGS has identified and rightly rooted out).

Can't think if any other explanation.

I always liked Bardsley always seem to put in a performance during the Levein era, obviously not many did.

However it didn't sit well that he was English and had already turned us down before he eventually did play.

It would be nice to see him back, but I trust WGS judgement on this. Plus we've now unearthed a bit of a diamond at left-back in Robertson and he's Scottish! As for the right-back position, let's just hope tonight from Hutton defensively was a bit of anomaly.

Sorry guys, but I've been posting for years that Hutton is liability, last night proved my opinion again. From where we were seated you got a great view of what was happening all over the pitch and Hutton was culpable for both goals. His work rate was by far the poorest again in the Scotland shirt. Some of the posts re. Bardsley are pathetic......should we drop Morrison, Anya etc. It's now time to call it a day on Alan's international career, he's had a good run.

Sorry guys, but I've been posting for years that Hutton is liability, last night proved my opinion again. From where we were seated you got a great view of what was happening all over the pitch and Hutton was culpable for both goals. His work rate was by far the poorest again in the Scotland shirt. Some of the posts re. Bardsley are pathetic......should we drop Morrison, Anya etc. It's now time to call it a day on Alan's international career, he's had a good run.

Why would we drop Anya? Unlike Bardsley & Morrison he's Scottish.

Anya is Scottish.

english

The only full proof test of nationality is 'where your allegiances lie'. That is is why some born and bred 'Scots' are not Scottish in any sense other than geographical birth. And why other Scots some who may have just arrived can be more Scottish than the rest of us. So where do Mr Bardsley's allegiances lie? I do not know but on the pitch he looks like one of us. I am prepared to cut the guy a break.

Edited by thplinth

Anya was born in Glasgow and spent the fist seven (I think) years of his life here. He's just as Scottish as I am. He also openly considered himself Scottish long before he was capped for us.

Was Andrew Watson not Scottish ? How about Shaun Maloney or Richard Gough ?

The only full proof test of nationality is 'where your allegiances lie'. That is is why some born and bred 'Scots' are not Scottish in any sense other than geographical birth. And why other Scots some who may have just arrived can be more Scottish than the rest of us. So where do Mr Bardsley's allegiances lie? I do not know but on the pitch he looks like one of us. I am prepared to cut the guy a break.

I'm pretty sure saying he'd rather play for another country kind of makes his allegiance clear...

He can go play for his own country. Ah....

I'm pretty sure saying he'd rather play for another country kind of makes his allegiance clear...

He can go play for his own country. Ah....

Oh has he said something. Fair enough, I never bothered to check.

edit: I'd still pick him

Edited by thplinth

Yes. He came on in the friendly in Poland in March.

Where is he? err.. below Whittaker on the list.

Wrongly in my view, but it's Strachan's squad to choose and he's earnt the right to call up whoever he wants.

I do wonder though if there is not more to this absence? I mean for all we know maybe he has called time on his international career? I say that because you'd expect perhaps a reaction in the press from him for not being selected but there has not been a dicky bird from him in months. I find that a little odd.

Maybe keeping quiet because he fancies a call up and doesn't want to alienate WGS?