Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 49 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

Can't wait until this game is over, I thought some of our fans spouted some nonsense but some of the stuff on this thread is ridiculous

What a mixed up bunch

Roll on next Saturday after an easy win

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooooo..... edit: 81 pages later.

Are we now able to accept that the SFA have by their choice of this particular ground just possibly, just maybe, just perhaps energized the Irish support into getting across and attending this game in numbers far exceeding say... anywhere else?

(And of course their pricing and subsequent drip feed ticket sales tactics do not suggest the SFA are cynical two faced wanx does it.)

Edited by thplinth

Are we now able to accept that the SFA have by their choice of this particular ground just possibly, just maybe, just perhaps energized the Irish support into getting across and attending this game in numbers far exceeding say... anywhere else?

(And of course their pricing and subsequent drip feed ticket sales tactics do not suggest the SFA are cynical two faced wanx does it.)

NO?!? It's in Glasgow!!! The same amount would've came regardless FFS.

What a big deal made out of feck all this nonsense has been.

I don't think the venue has affected the number of irish travelling.

What a big deal made out of feck all this nonsense has been.

I may have been one of the first to comment that this choice of ground would IMHO attract a bigger than usual away support. I said it 'matter of factly' without giving much of shit one way or the other TBH...

This thread however 'says' something else.

I may have been one of the first to comment that this choice of ground would IMHO attract a bigger than usual away support. I said it 'matter of factly' without giving much of shit one way or the other TBH... This thread however 'says' something else.

You are desperate to see sectarianism in every comment aren't you? Why don't you accept that the original thread was topical.

The only person trying to degenerate the thread is Helen and her nonsense.

Next you will be calling me a Jackeen.

You are desperate to see sectarianism in every comment aren't you? Why don't you accept that the original thread was topical.

The only person trying to degenerate the thread is Helen and her nonsense.

Next you will be calling me a Jackeen.

Wow how stupid are you.

Wouldn't using Éire in an English-language context be akin to referring to South Africa, Germany or Finland as Zuid-Afrika, Deutschland and Suomi? Nowt wrong with it, but a bit odd...

Yep, its like using España or Italia when the rest of the sentence is in English (Inglese? Inglés?)

Eire also means the whole of Ireland, so if you’re using it denote the 26 counties under the auspices of the government based in Dublin at the exclusion of the 6 counties that are under London/Stormont rule you’re doubly wrong.

Probably mate. Or 'Free State B'Stards' which one of your own called you a few pages back :-)):-)):-))

I would always say Ireland and Northern Ireland. I realise to most sane people it doesn't matter too much, but people seem to go out of their way to be offended these days so yer best trying to get it right :D

Just out of interest, would "Fr** St*t* B*st*rd" usually get a thread locked or a post banned on You Boys In Green?

Probably mate. Or 'Free State B'Stards' which one of your own called you a few pages back :-)):-)):-))

I would always say Ireland and Northern Ireland. I realise to most sane people it doesn't matter too much, but people seem to go out of their way to be offended these days so yer best trying to get it right :D

The Republic of Ireland was actually created by FIFA in 1953 it's the name given to the football team to distinguish them from Northern Ireland - the country's official title is 'Eire' or Ireland.

Yes - definitely :cheers3:

I once asked them on this board if I was hated because:

1) I am Irish;

2) a woman;

3) a Catholic;

4) a Celtic supporter

A friend jokingly replied "try all four" :-)):-)):-)):-))

The board has change a lot since then - a lot more inclusive. Now we have "Irish" fans showing their ilk - attacking the Irish from the north of Ireland and Celtic fans. Unbelievable. I could write to friends in Cork or where ever in the Republic and they could tear that Jackeen to shreads but what is the point???? He is grovelling soooooooooooooo well :ok:

I've only read up to page 44 in this sparkling thread but I'd say it's because

1. You're an arsehole.

The Republic of Ireland was actually created by FIFA in 1953 it's the name given to the football team to distinguish them from Northern Ireland - the country's official title is 'Eire' or Ireland.

In some ways you're right, but in other ways you're not.

The Irish Government established The Republic of Ireland Act in 1948 and it declares that the description of the State is The Republic of Ireland: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1948/en/act/pub/0022/print.html#sec2