Robertson - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Robertson

TheBiggun

I think playing in the premier league is a big enough bonus, at the moment. Plenty of experience against top teams every week will mold him into the player we want him to be.

Going to Arsenal and sitting on the bench will do nothing for him. Even if he does play, he will get more opportunity to improve the defensive side of his game at Hull.

So, where he is is fine, for now.

How many people in his past have said he should stay another year and get first team football? It happened at queens and Dundee United, everytime this lad has moved up a level he has taken it by storm and why should this time be any different, rather than playing it safe, we should have a little faith in Andy Robertson.

If this chance comes along he should take it, he has proven time and time again he is more than cabable of stepping up to a new level.

When you factor in that Monreal isn't the best and that Gibbs is as injury prone as Diaby, I wouldn't suprise me if he ended up first choice by the end of the season

How many people in his past have said he should stay another year and get first team football? It happened at queens and Dundee United, everytime this lad has moved up a level he has taken it by storm and why should this time be any different, rather than playing it safe, we should have a little faith in Andy Robertson.

If this chance comes along he should take it, he has proven time and time again he is more than cabable of stepping up to a new level.

When you factor in that Monreal isn't the best and that Gibbs is as injury prone as Diaby, I wouldn't suprise me if he ended up first choice by the end of the season

You make a fair point and undoubtedly he has the ability and potential. I'd be afraid he never got played though. Then, in saying that, playing amidst some world class players couldn't be a bad thing surely.

According to whoscored.com Robertson had a torrid time against Alexis Sanchez (who got a goal, an assist, and MOTM) on Saturday.

On the back of that Wenger wants to buy Robertson for 10 million?

I think Robertson needs a few more games against quality players like Sanchez before he's ready for a step-up.

According to whoscored.com Robertson had a torrid time against Alexis Sanchez (who got a goal, an assist, and MOTM) on Saturday.

On the back of that Wenger wants to buy Robertson for 10 million?

I think Robertson needs a few more games against quality players like Sanchez before he's ready for a step-up.

did you see it? I saw a fair part of it and I would not say it was a torrid time. The hull defence in general had to work hard but they were 2-1 up at that point and were kind of sitting in letting arsenal come at them. certainly didnt see Robbo make any glaring errors.