The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 27 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

On 23/10/2014 at 7:18 PM, redstevie007 said:

Ignorant bassas who don't wave or acknowledge that you've stopped the car to let them pass in a narrow street. ####NUTS :angry:

Depends on the side of the road the obstruction is on. 

If it's in their side,I won't acknowledge that they have stopped to let me pass,after all,if they didn't,they would be driving in the wrong side of the road and go right into me,that's not good road etiquette,it's simply common sense. 

22 hours ago, thplinth said:

Usually young women / girls who appear to have completely shaved off their eyebrows and replaced them with a drawn or painted on black line, sometime quite thick line almost Groucho Marx style. Looks fecking horrendous. WTF!

Or they get eyebrows tattoed on. Very weird.

Guest flumax
19 hours ago, Ormond said:

Cvnts without wives. 

And those without kids to. 

I despise their trouble free existence 

On 20/05/2017 at 7:59 PM, Grim Jim said:

Folk that change their avatars on here. Canny keep track of who's who (except Dandydunn. Haudon, that wiz 20 years ago?).

Not as bad as folk that keep getting banned and have to change their username.

:P

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Not as bad as folk that keep getting banned and have to change their username.

:P

Aye, invent an internet persona and then lose control of it.

Anyway, wtf is a Wishie boy doin' in Bothwell ffs?

Sorry just lost it for a moment :wacko:

C'moan the Accies.

Insomnia :angry:

That "guard of honour" yesterday for John Terry.  Whatever happened to players just waving to the crowd when they're subbed at the end of the match.  Another example of the "look at me, look at me" culture we find ourselves in.

The Scottish weather.  Nice during the week when you're stuck at work and then miserable at the weekend when you might get the chance to get out and do something! :banghead:

On 5/20/2017 at 0:04 PM, dandydunn said:

Depends on the side of the road the obstruction is on. 

If it's in their side,I won't acknowledge that they have stopped to let me pass,after all,if they didn't,they would be driving in the wrong side of the road and go right into me,that's not good road etiquette,it's simply common sense. 

It's not really difficult to wave your hand and acknowledge that they've stopped for you though, is it? 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's not really difficult to wave your hand and acknowledge that they've stopped for you though, is it? 

The side of the road has nothing to do with it either, it's who approaches the obstacle first has right of way.

5 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Rule 163

Give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road

rule 163 deals with overtaking. I'm talking about obstructions.

Rule 163

Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should

• not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake
  • use your mirrors, signal when it is safe to do so, take a quick sideways glance if necessary into the blind spot area and then start to move out
  • not assume that you can simply follow a vehicle ahead which is overtaking; there may only be enough room for one vehicle
  • move quickly past the vehicle you are overtaking, once you have started to overtake. Allow plenty of room. Move back to the left as soon as you can but do not cut in
  • take extra care at night and in poor visibility when it is harder to judge speed and distance
  • give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road
  • only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so
  • stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left
  • give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car
Edited by phart

On 19/05/2017 at 3:22 PM, Flure said:

Haha. Just reread the thread.

Excellent stuff. Especially my posts.

??

On 19/05/2017 at 11:24 PM, Toepoke said:

sorry toepoke, didn't mean to quote you.

My peeve is not being able to change who I want to quote. <_<

9 minutes ago, phart said:

The side of the road has nothing to do with it either, it's who approaches the obstacle first has right of way.

Morally you're correct.

1 minute ago, Larky Masher said:

Rule 163

Give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road

Legally I think it's Larky who's right. 

6 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Legally I think it's Larky who's right. 

Not really the highway code states: The rules in The Highway Code do not give you the right of way in any circumstance,

Plus he cited the rule for overtaking, not cars approaching an obstruction.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

rule 163 deals with overtaking. I'm talking about obstructions.

Rule 163

Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should

• not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake
  • use your mirrors, signal when it is safe to do so, take a quick sideways glance if necessary into the blind spot area and then start to move out
  • not assume that you can simply follow a vehicle ahead which is overtaking; there may only be enough room for one vehicle
  • move quickly past the vehicle you are overtaking, once you have started to overtake. Allow plenty of room. Move back to the left as soon as you can but do not cut in
  • take extra care at night and in poor visibility when it is harder to judge speed and distance
  • give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road
  • only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so
  • stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left
  • give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car

So you don't overtake obstructions?

1 hour ago, phart said:

Not really the highway code states: The rules in The Highway Code do not give you the right of way in any circumstance, but they advise you when you should give way to others.

Plus he cited the rule for overtaking, not cars approaching an obstruction.

Sorted that for you.

1 minute ago, Larky Masher said:

So you don't overtake obstructions?

Depends what side of the road they are ;)

Fair point, I realized your interpretation after i had copy and pasted it, and rather than go back and edit it out, i decided to leave it and clear up the mess afterwards,

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Depends what side of the road they are ;)

Fair point, I realized your interpretation after i had copy and pasted it, and rather than go back and edit it out, i decided to leave it and clear up the mess afterwards,

I have to admit I never thought I'd engage in a discussion on the highway code on here.

2 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I have to admit I never thought I'd engage in a discussion on the highway code on here.

With the amount of traffic on this site, it was bound to come up eventually.