The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 30 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

I loathe people with their carts who just stand on the travelator, utterly blocking it, between departure lounges and the gates.

its meant to make you walk at double speed not avoid walking but even if you do want to just be lazy at least keep single file.

On 03/06/2017 at 0:02 AM, jockodile said:

I loathe people with their carts who just stand on the travelator, utterly blocking it, between departure lounges and the gates.

its meant to make you walk at double speed not avoid walking but even if you do want to just be lazy at least keep single file.  

Was moaning about this exact thing today while at the airport. 

Another travelling related annoyance - Why the feck do folk queue for ages to be first on the plane? They're queueing solely to spend longer on the plane. Why? What benefit do you get from being on the plane first? Please, someone explain it!! 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Another travelling related annoyance - Why the feck do folk queue for ages to be first on the plane? They're queueing solely to spend longer on the plane. Why? What benefit do you get from being on the plane first? Please, someone explain it!! 

Overhead luggage space is my theory

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Soon as plane has taxied to gate everyone gets up,then they have to stand for ages  before getting off, don't see the point in that either 

Just now, 86glebestreet said:

Soon as plane has taxied to gate everyone gets up,then they have to stand for ages  before getting off, don't see the point in that either 

I'm generally one of the last people off of a plane. 

Why queue,to stand in a queue when you're off,to stand in a queue to get your luggage,to stand in a queue to get through customs. 

Some people just like to be first to everything. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I'm generally one of the last people off of a plane. 

Why queue,to stand in a queue when you're off,to stand in a queue to get your luggage,to stand in a queue...

Aberdonians are like that in general. Especially in being slow to the bar.

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Aberdonians are like that in general. Especially in being slow to the bar.

Not all of us are. 

I'm often told I'm far too generous when I'm out. 

By my wife. 

When I get home. 

After I left with 200 notes in my wallet in the morning :lol:

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Not all of us are. 

I'm often told I'm far too generous when I'm out. 

By my wife. 

When I get home. 

After I left with 200 notes in my wallet in the morning :lol:

I forgot you were part of the Wife club. :ok:

19 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Overhead luggage space is my theory

Yep you have these fannies who while sitting at the back of the plane and who as they board stuff their carry on in the first overhead locker despite it being miles from their seat. So folk at the front have to sit at the gate to make sure they can use the bin above their own seat. 

17 hours ago, Parklife said:

I mentioned that earlier in the thread, I'm happy to be last on, there will be space for my bag somewhere

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

I mentioned that earlier in the thread, I'm happy to be last on, there will be space for my bag somewhere

Exactly. Yesterday when i was coming home folk were standing at the gate for over 45 minutes before departure time. WTF?!? We just down nearby, watched the tennis and waited until the queue had almost disappeared. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Exactly. Yesterday when i was coming home folk were standing at the gate for over 45 minutes before departure time. WTF?!? We just down nearby, watched the tennis and waited until the queue had almost disappeared. 

Aye it's ridiculous. I'm usually in the bar nearby if possible then the same as yourself, chill til the dafties get on. 

17 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:
Just now, Parklife said:

yeah, I always think it is odd people standing when the seats at the gate are all full when quite often the gate next door is empty.

but for some reason people prefer to stand rather than sit in an empty gate, as it's "not their one" despite being totally in view of when the plane boarding gets started

50 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You're one of the "what's the point, it's not leaving without us" brigade. 

I thought I was the only one :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We were coming back from New York in January,people at gate long before we were called, gate was opened then loads more got up, then there was an announcement that plane was inoperable , and there was a 3 hour delay,

36 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

You're one of the "what's the point, it's not leaving without us" brigade. 

I thought I was the only one :lol: 

we are the peepul............erm oops, aye im one of them too :lol:

26 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

We were coming back from New York in January,people at gate long before we were called, gate was opened then loads more got up, then there was an announcement that plane was inoperable , and there was a 3 hour delay,

and they probably still stood there for a good while, just incase

10 hours ago, jockodile said:

yeah, I always think it is odd people standing when the seats at the gate are all full when quite often the gate next door is empty.

but for some reason people prefer to stand rather than sit in an empty gate, as it's "not their one" despite being totally in view of when the plane boarding gets started

Ive noticed this phenomenon increasing hugely over last few years ; they do handle it on some US flights where they board by zone only ; which is clearly marked on the ticket: seems when they try the rows 16-30 only folk dont hear / want to hear the announcement/ or try it on in any case

but the pre boarding huddle i think is here to stay brought on by lemmimg like behaviour 

my annoyance on boarding plane is folk taking ages to put bags up ; going back for their pandrops etc as folk are heading to their seats; blocking the aisles and delaying the process 

15 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

I'm another :ok:

And me :) I realised this years ago - I just don't understand it when I see people jumping up like maniacs giving it the 'hurry up, that's us'. I do exactly the same. Wait until the queue is down to the last half dozen then tag on the end. No queue, most bags already put away & the only inconvenience is to whoever is sat on seat 3 on my row who, 9/10 times is tucked in & belted up & has to let me through.

Also, anyone who ever says anything along the lines of 'oh I thought we were goners there' whenever a plane bumps through a bit of turbulence should have their passport stamped with 'too stupid to fly'.

On 2017-6-4 at 6:24 PM, thplinth said:

Yep you have these fannies who while sitting at the back of the plane and who as they board stuff their carry on in the first overhead locker despite it being miles from their seat. So folk at the front have to sit at the gate to make sure they can use the bin above their own seat. 

I had a classic experience while flying from London to Cairo, I got to my seat put my bag in the overhead bin and as the bin was then full i closed it.

Along came a "middle eastern gentleman" who was in the seat in front of me, he started to look in the various overhead bins for space , as there was no space he removed my bag put his bag in the bin, closed it and left my bag on the floor and sat down.

A  guy next to me said  "did i just see that" !!!   -   I got out of my seat removed his bag, placed my bag back in its place , closed the bin, i then threw his bag down the aisle at which point the "middle eastern gentleman"  turned to confront me, he was told in  no uncertain terms that if he touched my bag again i would throw him down the aisle. 

On 6/5/2017 at 11:51 AM, Parklife said:

Some folk like to stand up to and stretch their legs for a while if they know that they are going to be sitting on a plane for a couple of hours. Other folk are quite happy sitting on their erse awe day.

Edited by Orraloon

39 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Some folk like to stand up to and stretch their legs for a while if they know that they are going to be sitting on a plane for a couple of hours. Other folk are quite happy sitting on their erse awe day.

I was unaware that in a queue for a plane that you can't get on for 45 minutes was the only place you could stretch you legs. 

I'd have thought that going for a walk would be a more sensible idea.