The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

Folk that use a lot of jingo speak and buzzwords at work

"let's touch base so we are singing off the same hymn sheet as it's a potential win-win scenario"

SHUT UP YA FACKING TOOL

That's my boss summed up perfectly, proper fecking cockney knob rocket.

:-))

Thanks for the heads up.

Lets send that idea off on a cruise and see if it comes back with a tan.

That's fvcking brilliant, I work in the shipping industry and I'm stealing that one, my boss will cream his drawers at it.

Fringo you've made my day mate :ok:

Edited by andreimack

Folk that use a lot of jingo speak and buzzwords at work

"let's touch base so we are singing off the same hymn sheet as it's a potential win-win scenario"

SHUT UP YA FACKING TOOL

This boils my piss.

A few years ago we were taken over by an American hedge fund and they brought in all these corporate s at senior management level. A few of most irritating phrases that were banded about were "let's run that up the flagpole so everyone has visibility", "let's put that idea in the fridge to keep it fresh" and "let's put that in car park and go back to it later". I used to sit in meetings chewing my knuckles to stop me punching people.

Also, people who refer to their weekend as "downtime". You work in a ing call centre you overdramatic cocksocket, you're not defending an outpost in Afghanistan.

Anyone using the word "banter" and any variation there of.

BANTZ!!

Also, people who refer to their weekend as "downtime". You work in a ing call centre you overdramatic cocksocket, you're not defending an outpost in Afghanistan.

Tremendous :lol:

Business speak is rife in my office but going forward i'm hopeful we can minimise its footprint as long as we touch base regularly :blink:

Tremendous :lol:

Business speak is rife in my office but going forward i'm hopeful we can minimise its footprint as long as we touch base regularly :blink:

It's fecking contagious though. I was presenting something in a meeting yesterday and said "if you think of our corporate structure as like a pyramid" and then made a pyramid shape with my fingers! I realised what I'd done immediately and counter acted it by apologising to the room for being "wanky". Which went down well.

:lol: Superb. Got a meeting with da management this morning and I'm going to use that :ok:

Just come out of my meeting. I'm doing some marketing/recruitment stuff at the moment and someone suggested an idea - 'Great', I said, 'let's send that off on a cruise and see if it comes back with a tan'. went down a storm... :Tumbleweed-2::lol:

Just come out of my meeting. I'm doing some marketing/recruitment stuff at the moment and someone suggested an idea - 'Great', I said, 'let's send that off on a cruise and see if it comes back with a tan'. went down a storm... :Tumbleweed-2::lol:

Somebody will be on a forum somewhere saying " you'll never believe what this in my work just said during a meeting"!! :lol:

I love corporate bullshit. Recently had a meeting where I told folk to visualise a set of projects like the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Each project was like a wee robot called a Zord, which all combined to make a huge robot called a Megazord. If I'd been a highly paid consultant they would have thought I was the mutts nuts. Instead they just looked at me like I was David fekking Brent.

Edited by Armchair Bob

Paving stones that hide a tsunami underneath. Particularly annoying when the ground is dry so you venture out wearing your brand new white gutties only to have them stained jobby brown by the ninja wave.

Guest daslondon

And in addition to that, groups of people (mostly students) who go up to the bar mob handed and then all buy individual drinks rather than rounds!

Worse than this are people who take orders for a round of team coffees and are ahead of me in the queue..