Injury List For Ireland And England Games. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury List For Ireland And England Games.

kmcca5

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an ideal World every one of our players would be born and bred Scotsmen, in fact when I was younger I would have gone further and said if you don't play in Scotland you can't play for Scotland. Luckily I have matured over the years and recognise that nationality is not cut and dried. I want Scotland to do as well as possible while sticking to the rules of international football. Bardsley has played 13 times for us and has never let us down, that will do for me

If yer Scottish yer Scottish, if yer english yer no.

Just because yer born in a stable disnae mean yer a horse.

If yer Scottish yer Scottish, if yer english yer no.

Just because yer born in a stable disnae mean yer a horse.

oh dear, that's so simplistic but I guess you know that. Some of grandsons have an english father and a Scottish mother, most of them were born in england and most of them live in Scotland. What are they???

In an ideal World every one of our players would be born and bred Scotsmen, in fact when I was younger I would have gone further and said if you don't play in Scotland you can't play for Scotland. Luckily I have matured over the years and recognise that nationality is not cut and dried. I want Scotland to do as well as possible while sticking to the rules of international football. Bardsley has played 13 times for us and has never let us down, that will do for me

He was pish in america!!

oh dear, that's so simplistic but I guess you know that. Some of grandsons have an english father and a Scottish mother, most of them were born in england and most of them live in Scotland. What are they???

Ask them.

Not at the moment he doesn't. He's been playing at centre-half for Norwich and some fans want him either dropped or moved to right-back.

Steven Whittaker was described in very disparaging terms by Norwich journalists on twitter for his performance in midweek...

Yeah, it seems Martin had a nightmare when Norwich got beat 4-0 from Middlesbrough last week.

Against Forest Whittaker was dropped and Martin played right-back.

Ask them.

a couple english, one leaning to Scottish and 2 50/50. Now what? Anyway, I can see this is getting nowhere so I'll continue to support anyone in the blue of Scotland and you can continue to support only those who you feel are sufficiently Scottish for you

Having read some of your other posts, you're clearly not a complete idiot, so I assume you're just deliberately misunderstanding Bzzzz's point.

But if its 'If yer Scottish yer Scottish, if yer English yer English, if yer born in a stable doesnt mean yer a horse' surely that implies that only people born here are Scottish?

Which Steven Fletcher wasnt, so I am wondering if he thinks of Fletcher as English?

dont know

asked the question on Jambos Kickback and got the usual smartarse replies

seems they dont know either

Even if his parents and grandparents weren't born in Scotland he almost certainly qualifies under the education (Rhodes / Driver / Feruz) rule. There's a Daily Record article from 2012 where he's quoted saying that he was with Tynecastle BC for eight years.

Edited by morrison1982

But if its 'If yer Scottish yer Scottish, if yer English yer English, if yer born in a stable doesnt mean yer a horse' surely that implies that only people born here are Scottish?

Which Steven Fletcher wasnt, so I am wondering if he thinks of Fletcher as English?

No it doesn't. Read it slowly and think about it...

Edited by Bzzzz