Darren Fletcher - Time To Move On? - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher - Time To Move On?

Caledonian Craig

From a Scotland point of view I would like to see him move on id have to admit.Remember he's had over 10 years which few will ever achieve. So that his some achievement in its self. What's the point of staying there and getting limited game time, no good for Scotland.

Think the person that mentioned Collins is doing him a dis service. I loved Ferguson as a player but there's definitly things Collins had more in his locker. Got about 10 or 12 goals for Scotland which is not to be sniffed at. Stupidly signed for Everton under under wally smith when hoof ball was never his game after being s success with monaco

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fletcher has been with them for 20 years now. I would be surprised if he could just leave them so easily, he'll likely drop into some part time coaching role or something else with the club.

Most said the same about phil Neville. He went on to have a decent time at everton before going into coaching. A similar move for Darren would be good. Although, phil unlike Darren never had a dreadful recurring illness. I hope Darren is capable of moving on as he doesn't deserve to disappear into the background.

Personally I'd prefer him to move to a smaller EPL club, but Celtic wouldn't be a bad move for him.

Fletcher and Brown tend not to play together in the national side. Both are holding midfielders, so would be suprised if he went to celtic park. But its a different manager so maybe he could find a system to suit both players ?

Another issue would be celtic couldn't afford his wages which i would see a major stumbling block.