Squad For Ireland And England Games - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad For Ireland And England Games

wanderer

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is McLeod not a midfielder/striker? Is Rhodes not a striker? Is Russell not a midfielder/striker? Similar in my book. He has not really been picked for cover for the first team anyway, more to be intergrated into the squad. I only pointed out that the said players can feel aggrieved at their lack of inclusion in the Scotland squad over a player that has NEVER even played at the highest level in Scotland.

I have no problem with him being in the squad, I just think it is far too soon.

No, he's a midfielder.

Think he has just been listed with the strikers to make it look like we have actually called up more than 2/3 out and out strikers.... you mostly get Maloney and sometimes Snodgrass listed as strikers when the squads are announced, yet would not call either a striker.

The general consensus is he won't be playing there for long though...

But he is at the moment and playing at a poor level. If and when he steps up then fair play.

He's not in the squad to play, it's for experience

There are better players missing out though.

But he is at the moment and playing at a poor level. If and when he steps up then fair play.

There are better players missing out though.

I think you are wrong. If McLeod wasn't in the squad then I'm sure the squad would have been one less in numbers as in wee Gordon adds an extra slot for up and coming players who he can assess at close quarters to see if he has the potential skill-wise, the right attitude and has a good character. So you see this squad it is McLeod and the next it may be Jordan McGhee or Jack Harper. Who knows?

Pleased to see Hodgson calling up Saido Berahino for the other lot. If memory serves, that's the lad Jimmy Morrison decked for acting the arse at West Brom last season.

Looking forward to seeing Morrison totally own the wee scrote.

Saw his life story on the news last night. Pretty inspirational tbh...

I think you are wrong. If McLeod wasn't in the squad then I'm sure the squad would have been one less in numbers as in wee Gordon adds an extra slot for up and coming players who he can assess at close quarters to see if he has the potential skill-wise, the right attitude and has a good character. So you see this squad it is McLeod and the next it may be Jordan McGhee or Jack Harper. Who knows?

Thats your opinion. I dont think anyone from the scottish "champiobship" should be near the squad.