Great Covers - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, The Giant said:

Hadn't heard that version - even features the funky flute.

The Dirtbombs took on a load of bona-fide classics in Ultraglide into Black and lo-fi'd the shìt out of 'em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpDxzZLvV4

Roughing up Big Bazza White's Philly Soul grooves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyOT48GeQ_Y

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

More EBTG with HIMYM

For f sake, just gret all the way through that.

Then I got a bit dramatic and started to sing a long whilst crying and it all got a bit soap operaish and I knew I was a heart beat away from watching myself cry in front of a mirror. That apart though, thank you Larky. 

7 hours ago, Heuch Moray said:

Any excuse to include a Wes Anderson soundtrack.

I love Wes Anderson and after a bit of research bought, a The Life Aquatic studio sessions. You should hear me singing along in the car, it would bring a tear to your eye.

And blood to your ears.  

On 21 April 2016 at 7:11 PM, Scunnered said:

This is worth resurecting an oldie for.  Without a doubt one of the best covers I've ever heard.

Yup! This is a belter!

Prefer to listen than watch though. That chap is a bit scary! 

14 hours ago, G-Man said:

For f sake, just gret all the way through that.

Then I got a bit dramatic and started to sing a long whilst crying and it all got a bit soap operaish and I knew I was a heart beat away from watching myself cry in front of a mirror. That apart though, thank you Larky. 

My pleasure.

On 29/05/2016 at 1:12 PM, silverbear said:

Thanks to Heuch for searching this out for me sometime last year as she knew I liked the song but can't stand Paolo Nutini. :P

Good to hear it sung by somebody that doesn't sound or look like a jakey, great tune

5 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

Rod and the boys when they were good.

Outstanding. Them Faces boys were some band and for a few years until the mid 70s Rod Stewart had some voice. It's a shame he's just become a pastiche of himself now.

Quality shout Mr Masher.

Edited by neil r

2 minutes ago, neil r said:

Outstanding. Them Faces boys were some band and for a few years until the mid 70s Rod Stewart had some voice.

Quality shout Mr Masher.

Agree with all of that.

Isn't it ridiculous to consider that Ronnie Wood has been a Rolling Stone for 41 years and played on about 5 decent songs in that time, whereas he replaced Mick Taylor who was a Stone for 5 years and played on about 50 brilliant songs?

On 30 May 2016 at 3:29 PM, Larky Masher said:

Rod and the boys when they were good.

Sometimes you forget why Rod Stewart became Rod Stewart then you hear his voice all over anew and you remember. 

45 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

PSB do a good cover

Larky, you're hurting my heart here. Many moons ago in a kibbutz a boy I'd fallen in love with at first sight spoke to me after this song came on. They'd played Elvis first then Pet Shop Boys and he asked what I preferred. As I've always been very smooth, especially with words, I replied "Aye." :(

12 hours ago, G-Man said:

Larky, you're hurting my heart here. Many moons ago in a kibbutz a boy I'd fallen in love with at first sight spoke to me after this song came on. They'd played Elvis first then Pet Shop Boys and he asked what I preferred. As I've always been very smooth, especially with words, I replied "Aye." :(

Sorry, this probably won't help though

I was in a restaurant at the weekend and could hear a song in the background music that sounded really familiar.  I then deduced from the lyrics that it was a cover of Harvest Moon.  Over the general hubbub of the restaurant it sounded really good although I've not listened to it since and as I'm in work at the moment I can't listen to it now!!  Here it is though....

On 5/29/2016 at 0:37 AM, G-Man said:

I love Wes Anderson and after a bit of research bought, a The Life Aquatic studio sessions. You should hear me singing along in the car, it would bring a tear to your eye.

And blood to your ears.  

Ah G-Man a fellow Wes fan  :ok:  Doesn't he just select the best gems in music to set his scenes. 

Mostly all original tracks so no more cover versions come to mind to include in the thread.