Sfa Have Knowingly Sold Home End Tickets To Fans From Ireland.. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa Have Knowingly Sold Home End Tickets To Fans From Ireland..

Templeton_Peck

Did the Welsh FA not send somthing similar to Scotland fans buying tickets in there end for the game in Cardiff? Think everyone still got in with scotland shirts on. Possibly just an arse covering tactic?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez.

Load of panic about nothing.

1 point should be enough for a ticket in Dublin.

You think so? A short away trip for a Saturday game in the middle of June when the team is highly likely to still be in the mix for qualification will attract a high number of Scotland fans to go. Given that Ireland will likely give Scotland a minimum allocation in retaliation to what the SFA done to them, I can understand why people are a bit panicky. Personally, I have two points so I hope that will be enough for me but not holding out too much hope.

There have been away fans in the home end at Hampden plenty of times recently and I'm pretty sure those were a located away tickets. Belgium game is the big one but I'm sure there were Macedonia fans in the south too when we played them. Common sense from us and them, support your team and have a laugh.

Scare mongering at it best.... We can't moan about Irish fans in our end as we do it all over the world... Over the years I and my 2 sons have sat in more home ends than official away ends with no problems at all... Would this be as big a problem if it was played anywhere else than Celtic park???... The sfa and police scotland will tottaly mess this up if they stop Irish fans sitting in home end... How many of us will try and buy tickets in there end in Dublin ?? Get a grip sfa/police either allow them in or the sfa should have given the FIa a bigger allocation in the first place

Did the Welsh FA not send somthing similar to Scotland fans buying tickets in there end for the game in Cardiff? Think everyone still got in with scotland shirts on. Possibly just an arse covering tactic?

The Welsh FA cancelled all tickets bought from Scottish addresses. Managed to pick 1 up down there though and got in with kilt on no problems!

They couldn't have, my brother bought a ticket from Welsh FA and used it to get into Wales home end.

Definitely cancelled mines cos it was a Scottish address. Remember seeing on here at the time it was happening to everyone! Maybe a few lucky ones got away with it

Can someone please tell me why the Irish think they have a god given right to a bigger allocation?

Still can't believe scotland fans are wanting more Irish in the ground. Not wanting to get into ticket price debate again but the SFA should have priced this game better & sold all tickets through members giving them chance of additional tickets

We should always aim to give away support as little tickets as possible to prevent them getting any advantage of a large backing especially in a game like this that means so much

Can someone please tell me why the Irish think they have a god given right to a bigger allocation?

Still can't believe scotland fans are wanting more Irish in the ground. Not wanting to get into ticket price debate again but the SFA should have priced this game better & sold all tickets through members giving them chance of additional tickets

We should always aim to give away support as little tickets as possible to prevent them getting any advantage of a large backing especially in a game like this that means so much

Couldn't see any problem giving the Irish 4-5000 for this game.

If 55000 can't out sing 5000 we should give up.

It's created a problem for guys on low points for Dublin now.

Tartan Army on many occasions have been on here looking for away end tickets when we had more fans than ticket allocation. So no complaints here, the biggest example of this was in Paris for the "Faddy" match.

Tartan Army on many occasions have been on here looking for away end tickets when we had more fans than ticket allocation. So no complaints here, the biggest example of this was in Paris for the "Faddy" match.

What's wrong with Scotland fans in the away end in Paris?

The point is that why only give the Irish 3000 tickets but then willingly sell them home end tickets.

Who cares it's not the SFAs fault? Be better having 3000 together being loud than 8000 together being loud, the other 5k will be spread all around being a lot more subdued than what they would if they were altogether I imagine. Who cares what's the problem?

Eta: could you imagine the 20k Scots in Paris all grouped together and just how mental that would've been if it wasn't mental enough? Haha

Edited by 1320lichtie

The establishment media has been a complete disgrace in the lead up to the game - and you could argue that they are deliberately trying to engineer and incite trouble

What this boils down to is unionists still being embittered about the size of the Yes movement which is growing by the day so they resort to their favourite tactic of keeping the Scots divided - Sectarianism and anti Irish sentiment

George Galloway's tweets the other day is the perfect example of this as is the stirring up of the McCarthy & McGeady situation in the TV and newspapers

They would love nothing more than there to be bother so they can blame it on these prejudices then say "Look - so much for Scots being united"

Thankfully we have moved on.

As stated Scottish fans are well aware of sitting in the home end at away games and there should be a great atmosphere pre game between fans that like a good party

There might be the odd idiot that takes offence at an Irish fan with a Scottish accent and on the other side there might be some idiot Scottish people supporting Ireland that want to antagonise Scottish fans but they should be few and far between

Added to that is the TA self police themselves in the most part

The establishment media has been a complete disgrace in the lead up to the game - and you could argue that they are deliberately trying to engineer and incite trouble

What this boils down to is unionists still being embittered about the size of the Yes movement which is growing by the day so they resort to their favourite tactic of keeping the Scots divided - Sectarianism and anti Irish sentiment

George Galloway's tweets the other day is the perfect example of this as is the stirring up of the McCarthy & McGeady situation in the TV and newspapers

They would love nothing more than there to be bother so they can blame it on these prejudices then say "Look - so much for Scots being united"

Thankfully we have moved on.

As stated Scottish fans are well aware of sitting in the home end at away games and there should be a great atmosphere pre game between fans that like a good party

There might be the odd idiot that takes offence at an Irish fan with a Scottish accent and on the other side there might be some idiot Scottish people supporting Ireland that want to antagonise Scottish fans but they should be few and far between

Added to that is the TA self police themselves in the most part

George Galloway?

The same man who said he and John Reid (ex chairman of celtic & ex minister of defence for Tony Blair) should jointly be appointed head of the No campaign when it looked like 'they' would lose?

Mr anti war george galloway sucking the kock of Tony's most useful idiot John Reid on Scotland's D-Day and then claiming he did not swallow?

George Galloway is a vain arsehole, always has been, always will be. Look at him with his absurd hat outfit...even now thinking he cuts a look instead of being a decaying diseased joke.

Edited by thplinth