Sfa Have Knowingly Sold Home End Tickets To Fans From Ireland.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa Have Knowingly Sold Home End Tickets To Fans From Ireland..

Templeton_Peck

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is that they have only officially given Irish 3,000 tickets ( which will have knock-on effect for us wanting tickets in Dublin) and then happily sold them home end tickets and posted them to Ireland.

This means that any Irish fans wanting a ticket will get one as not all Scotland fans willing to pay for increased prices and they will be scattered all over the ground and sitting next to us.

Why not just give them the increased allocation if they were going to post home end tickets to Ireland ???

Problem is that they have only officially given Irish 3,000 tickets ( which will have knock-on effect for us wanting tickets in Dublin) and then happily sold them home end tickets and posted them to Ireland.

This means that any Irish fans wanting a ticket will get one as not all Scotland fans willing to pay for increased prices and they will be scattered all over the ground and sitting next to us.

Why not just give them the increased allocation if they were going to post home end tickets to Ireland ???

Thankfully Scotland fans never sit in the home end on away trips.

Edited by The Boss

Of course we do. I have done it in Prague, Cardiff and Oslo myself but there was no need for it to happen here by simply giving them a bigger allocaton as anyone with half a brain would have been able to work out that with us struggling to sell our tickets that the Irish fans would be taking them since they cant all get a official ticket....

Where they have screwed up is by them not giving them bigger allocation in first place... im on 3 points and have pretty much given up hope of ticket for Dublin

They gave them what was the required allocation in the first place. I don't know what the FAI did at that point, if they protested, tried to negotiate for more etc but it wasn't until tickets were already on sale to general public that the FAI did actually came back and asked for more tickets. At that point they couldn't be given an increased allocation as tickets for the section next to their end had already been sold.

The FAI also didn't help by not allocating tickets to Irish fans until a few weeks ago, again after the public sale was already started, meaning Irish fans in doubt would always take the insurance of a home end ticket. And proved to be a correct decision for them giving how I believe the Irish FA actually allocated their tickets.

I can't understand why, at the start of ticket negotiations, when the SFA said "We will give you 5%/3,000 tickets" then the FAI didn't either ask for more or request that a further section be kept for them pending sale of the initial allocation.

It doesn't take a comet landing rocket scientist to figure out that Ireland would always bring more than 3,000 fans to a competitive game in Scotland.