Mccarthy Out - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccarthy Out

Damo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCarthy is a loss, but I'm yet to see him reach the levels at international level that he does at club, so there could have been worse players to lose.

Whelan being out is the biggest plus for me, which means Hendrick will definitely start. He will pose far more of the threat to you guys than Whelan ever would.

Bryson seems to be a better player and he can't get near our team.

I still don't see the point that is being made here.

Bryson will not be in the Scotland team, therefore he can not affect anything. Hendrick will be in the Ireland team. Bryson maybe the better player, but what concrete conclusions does that draw?

McCarthy out, Whelan out, Wilson out.

I think I would be a little worried if I was an Ireland fan.

Given McCarthy's performances at international level, Irish fans probably not as upset as you think. Yet to perform to club standards.

Wilson is a bit of a loss, I'll admit, but I'm relatively happy with is replacements Keogh/Pearce

Whelan = :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Him being injured is a joy! Below average player who encourages negative play. Plays with fear and there are many more Irish players that can do what he can do AND MORE. How he has played as many times for Ireland as he has is a mystery to me. Whelan being injured is bad luck for you guys not us.

Bryson will not be in the Scotland team, therefore he can not affect anything. Hendrick will be in the Ireland team. Bryson maybe the better player, but what concrete conclusions does that draw?

We will have a better midfield than you on Friday.

Never believed it when people were saying this when the draw was made, but hey ho, 90th minute injury, Everton asses him and let him travel (which EPL clubs never do if theres anything serious to it) then he gets there and bottles it the day before, good lad. I like him tbh hes not a wee rat like McGeady, unfortunately the booing wont affect him hes brainwashed. Least Broony only has to take one boy out now.

We will have a better midfield than you on Friday.

This.

Fair enough.

My original point was that Hendrick will cause far more problems for you guys than Whelan, which he will. My point still stands.

I don't doubt that, what I can't see is who is going to make tackles and break up play for Ireland.

As far as I can tell, McCarthy, Whelan, and Wilson are all good at that, and they're all out.

If the midfield matches up like this:

Brown McGeady

Morrison Hendrick

Naismith Gibson

Then I would be confident that Scotland are going to dominate the midfield.

It means that Hendrick doesn't really worry me when he wouldn't even be considered for our squad if he was scottish. I'd be much more worried by Whelan or McCarthy.

It means that Hendrick doesn't really worry me when he wouldn't even be considered for our squad if he was scottish. I'd be much more worried by Whelan or McCarthy.

A better comparison is probably Johnny Russell. Probably a similar level to Hendrick, both on form and both play for Derby. However, Russell only got a last minute callup due to injuries, and is unlikely to feature.

Scotland have the better squad on paper. But Ireland have 2 or 3 danger men that can win games by themselves, if on the top of their game. (Keane & McGeady)

...but so do we.