Idiots In Our End Last Night - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Idiots In Our End Last Night

andyg83

A few guys on the Irish forums saying they had really bad experiences in our end last night.

Coins thrown, sectarian abuse and general foaming at the mouth abuse.

I had a word with a guy who took the McGeady stuff too far and was shouting 'pikey' at him. He was fine when I pointed out that there were Irish in our end and that we should have some respect regardless.

Got me thinking about a Macedonia game where my mate and I had a word with guys swearing constantly and shouting abuse. The Spain game also had a guy behind me shouting 'daygos'.

There was also a minor skirmish in the south stand between two Scottish guys.

Think we need to watch it. I have noticed a few more idiots in the last few years. My wee cousin has stopped going because of it.

What are everyone's thoughts? Would be keen to hear from the Irish lads in our end for their view.

One thing I would say that when the goal went in the atmosphere visibly changed and got better.

Was it the tension and the Mcgeady angle?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it just where I was sitting but the noisiest our fans were were when booing McGeady (before we scored). I'd have preferred a more positive channelling of our support myself. Sure feel free to boo him but would have preferred more noise backing our own team. Also our support was a tad reactionary last night as in Ireland fans made some noise then we felt the need to respond instead of us getting the songs in first.

Was it just where I was sitting but the noisiest our fans were were when booing McGeady (before we scored). I'd have preferred a more positive channelling of our support myself. Sure feel free to boo him but would have preferred more noise backing our own team. Also our support was a tad reactionary last night as in Ireland fans made some noise then we felt the need to respond instead of us getting the songs in first.

I thought that as well.

I agree we were completely reactionary, I would put that down to the nervy/edgy feel to the game. Although I do think the booing did ultimately get to McGeady which subsequently was beneficial to the overall result.

Sounds like you were sitting near Glaswegians.

You don't get that with East-Coast fans.

Actually, as I was walking back from the game last night I was approached by a loan Edinburger wondering where the train station was.. we then got into conversation and as it turns out he was involved in the scuffle in the jock stein stand and I'm sure the word 'paggered' was used a number of times.

Jock stein toilet I heard a scot calling an irish fan a F@nien barstweward

I shouted him down and apologised. Totally unacceptable, leave that crap alone at a Scotland game.

I thought a few casuals were amongst the scotland support as well in the jock stein.

Hoping that is a one off, one guy in particular seemed to have a nasty anti catholic agenda. I think at one stage he was throwing coins. Did not witness this myself was only told afterwards.

Had a go at some Irish fans last night for refusing to sit when the rest of the stand was sitting (I'd rather stand, but everyone was sitting therefore ...). They were refusing to ask the row in front of them to sit down. Ended up with me telling them to go f@ck themselves. To be fair to them they turned round later and shook my hand. Other than that minor thing I thought they were pretty good fans overall, but always felt it had the potential to kick off, but then there were a lot of Irish in the Scottish part of the Lisbon Lions lower.

Few people unable to leave the club football out of the national team. Guy few seats along was Fenian this and taig that. Got told to wind his neck in by both my brother and I plus the guy in front.

Disappeared at half time then turned up with 15 mins to go again.

It could have been that I was with my 7 year old nephew but I thought the drunken behaviour was worse than normal.

As for the fight in the restricted view seats, it was Scotland on Scotland fans. Exact same situation as described above but they took exception to being told to leave it out.

Walking to game with my son last night, approached by a well bevvied young guy from Aberdeen who was mildly aggressive, especially regarding my unwillingness to divulge my Club allegiance. No harm done, but was a bit annoying.

Aberdeen.

The city of no-voting, sectarianism.

It would appear.

Few people unable to leave the club football out of the national team. Guy few seats along was Fenian this and taig that. Got told to wind his neck in by both my brother and I plus the guy in front.

Disappeared at half time then turned up with 15 mins to go again.

It could have been that I was with my 7 year old nephew but I thought the drunken behaviour was worse than normal.

As for the fight in the restricted view seats, it was Scotland on Scotland fans. Exact same situation as described above but they took exception to being told to leave it out.

When the TA go to Ireland for the return fixture how many incidents like this will happen?

Aberdeen.

The city of no-voting, sectarianism.

It would appear.

Oh don't start on them, I'm having a great weekend and can't be arsed with Deecie posting a photo of what looks like an oompaloompa wearing a shirt or some jakey bar from up there :D

Not many would be my guess.

None would be my bet at longer odds.

Apparently anti catholicism does not exist in Scotland and it is only imagined by those who have a 'victim identity' and are 'mopes'.

While blatant bigotry goes by without comment.

No doubt they were all in the pub with ron and never saw it.

I was absolutley embarrased by some of the idiots in the Jock Stein end last night.

There was a crowd of about 50 Irish in the very bottom right, singing their songs and enoying the atmosphere of the night....harmless.

Experience damned by anti-catholic shouting and coin-throwing (I was almost hit a couple of times)

Explained to the Irish that this is not what we are about and that these guys are not true Scotland fans.

The painful thing is that real Scotland fans will turn up in Dublin next year, many of them in the home end and get revenge pelters due to the action of these idiots.

How do we stop this stuff though?

Is there anything the fans groups can do to encourage better behaviour.

You wouldn't have dreamed about anything like this only a few years ago. How do we nip this in the bud?

I wouldn't expect any abuse in Dublin to be honest. I think this game attracted a certain element to it.

Fingers crossed Tuesday goes off without a hitch.