Gibraltar Attendance - Page 4 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar Attendance

Redondo

Pretty obvious season ticket holders will be given free tickets for a friendly in March once they finalise the details with the opponents. Gibraltar tickets will be reduced for everyone else.

That would be my guess.

It would be better if ST holders got a t-shirt and then the prices were halved for everyone else.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we get to select the KO time but not the date. I'm sure I read somewhere that this is the case.

Maybe, I think if you can give valid reasons then you can change times.

Given the options, late Sunday afternoon is a awful lot better than a Sunday night game.

Gib match will be a sell out easily. The game to protest over was the England one, it was a friendly and overpriced

The Gibraltar game would be knowhere near a sell out at the original prices! I don't think that it will even be close to selling out with reduced prices.

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

Gib match will be a sell out easily. The game to protest over was the England one, it was a friendly and overpriced

Not at the current prices it won't. £42 along the sides and £32 behind the goal (£45 and £35 on public sale) to see a side who have conceded 21 goals in four games will put people off. Ireland sold out because of the importance of the game, Georgia on our only Saturday didn't because of the prices.

I think it will sell out no bother, particularly as they only need to "sell" 42000 tickets now. Ive followed Scotland enough that our chances of really pumping a team and having goals to celebrate can be few and far between and I wouldnt miss that for anyone. As previously stated, the match to protest at or boycott was the England game and i know nobody from my club attended it. Unfortunately it seems there were a lot of new first time (probably only time) faces there on Tuesday and the SFA can continue to bury their heads in the sand.

Edited by @neaver82

I think it will sell out no bother, particularly as they only need to "sell" 42000 tickets now. Ive followed Scotland enough that our chances of really pumping a team and having goals to celebrate can be few and far between and I wouldnt miss that for anyone. As previously stated, the match to protest at or boycott was the England game and i know nobody from my club attended it. Unfortunately it seems there were a lot of new first time (probably only time) faces there on Tuesday and the SFA can continue to bury their heads in the sand.

I'm being pedantic but if there's 10k free tickets then hardly a "sell out".

Even with that, I don't think they'll sell the rest.

Despite the possibility of scoring a few (I still wouldn't carried away on that either though), many of the regular SSC members won't attend, although I'd concede many newbies or less regular TA will attend as more tickets will be available to them now (which is great especially if bringing their kids, nephews, neices etc for the future).

Good luck to the newer, younger fans, but the $FA has still shafted the rest of us.

Unless the price comes down I won't be going to the Gibraltar game. It'll cost me roughly £100 for me and my boys to go with the travel, programmes, food and drink to add on.

Given that the quality of football on show will be mince it's basically not worth it. Entertainment value will be virtually nil. Same as watching Rangers play over the last 2 years.

The SFA need to realise that they need to price the entertainment they are selling according to the marketplace and quite frankly they haven't managed it so far.

£100 for a day out which is months away and no doubt your boys will look forward to is not that bad. I know the prices have been shocking but how much do you expect the day out to cost

What a snobbish post! £100 is a lot of money and that's before other factors such as travel, food and drink etc.

at the end of the day all football is overpriced.but at least this time scotland will dominate the ball and hopefully score a few goals.we must also remember that because we have not qualified for a tournament for an age the income from scotland games is a large part of the s f a revenue.that said i do think that there were ample opportunities for the the s f a to come up with more attractive packages for the qualifiers and friendlies.

ian

Not arguing that Regan isn't an absolute chancer or even that the SFA aren't taking the proverbial but think of it this way. The game is 19 weeks away. If as some are saying it's literally because they can't afford it or feel it's too much save £2 a week and a £40 ticket is virtually paid for. plenty people who said they weren't going will change their minds about this game as it gets closer.

Or.

Don't go to the Gibraltar game and take that £40 I've saved - combine it with the £50 I saved not going to the England game and that more than covers the cost of my flight to Dublin.

With away games I still get to support the team but don't give any additional money to the $FA.

Or.

Don't go to the Gibraltar game and take that £40 I've saved - combine it with the £50 I saved not going to the England game and that more than covers the cost of my flight to Dublin.

With away games I still get to support the team but don't give any additional money to the $FA.

No you just give the money to the opposition FA but you still get your precious point eh?