Miniatures On A Plane? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Miniatures On A Plane?

GSbraveheart

Strictly speaking, from an airline's perspective, you are not allowed to drink your own booze on any flight.

I personally don't see the issue with it as long as you're not being a tool and annoying other folk and/or airline crew.

If you do (not specifically you, but people in general) drink your own booze and start being a bam then people like me get to hear about it day in, day out from their missus who is a hostie and has to deal with people being @rses on flights due to drinking their own booze!

NB Flight crews know the signs to look for - people just buying loads of soft drinks/mixers and no alcohol, and may refuser to serve you so watch out for that.

Good luck!

I assume you are going to Germany. Your flight will be about 2 hours long.

If you can't last that long or afford to buy a couple drinks from the trolley dollies then you have a problem.

This.

Though when I saw the heading I thought it was a follow up to snakes on a plane only smaller.

Why not just not drink on the flight?

I believe the minatures would indeed be consumed on the flight

I assume you are going to Germany. Your flight will be about 2 hours long.

If you can't last that long or afford to buy a couple drinks from the trolley dollies then you have a problem.

Agree that you should be able to refrain for a few hours, however, many individuals (myself included) grudge paying exorbitant prices for alcohol on flights on principle. That is why I refrain. Anyways, plenty of time for alcohol consumption in Dusseldorf/Dortmund for me. :ok:

For the Norway game in November we filled plastic shampoo bottles with drink but ended up just drinking it all whilst waiting between flights. Don't normally do anything like that but we had a few hours to kill in both Bergen & Oslo pints alone were £11!!

Only time we've ever done it, don't see issue with anyone doing it though! We fly direct usually so it's not a problem having few beers in airport & couple on flight. Our Norway circumstances were a different kettle of fish, 4 flights & 16 hours travelling so we let ourselves away with it on that occasion!!

Why would you pay for drinks onboard?

They're all free.

Exactly, and even then I'll only take one because asking for a second feels extremely jakeballish (only people of British/Irish tend to do that). Sometimes on inter-european flights you feel like the jakeball for just requesting alcohol. Most people take a juice!

^^^

You need to work on your technique.

If you sit in the row they serve first, get your drink and try to neck it before they finish service, then, when they're on their way back to put the trolley away hand them your emptys (as you are a model passenger remember) and 9 times out of 10 they'll offer you a fresh one.

Managed 3 (free) G&T's on a 55 minute flight simple by helping out the cabin crew,

B)

That or just fly Eastern Airways. They like to get you drinking.

^^^

You need to work on your technique.

If you sit in the row they serve first, get your drink and try to neck it before they finish service, then, when they're on their way back to put the trolley away hand them your emptys (as you are a model passenger remember) and 9 times out of 10 they'll offer you a fresh one.

Managed 3 (free) G&T's on a 55 minute flight simple by helping out the cabin crew,

B)

That or just fly Eastern Airways. They like to get you drinking.

I know your type. I'm usually a few rows back observing your technique and thinking you're a jakeball. And feeling vaguely jealous.