Scotland V England Likely Attendence ? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V England Likely Attendence ?

jts73

Just got the last orders email and it got me wondering on what the sales have been like and what the likely crowd will be ?

For all the protests about ticket prices I hope the event is a success and that we can look forward to another Wembley trip within the next few years

My guess is 44 300

England ticket sales period closes tonight

Vauxhall International Challenge Match

Scotland vs England

Tuesday 18th November 2014, 8pm kick-off

Celtic Park, Glasgow

The sale period for tickets for the match between Scotland and England officially closes at midnight tonight (Monday 17th November 2014).

Tickets can be purchased through the Scottish FA website HERE

http://www.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk/

Alternatively you can call the Scotland ticket hotline 0844 875 1873 up until 7pm tonight.

Please note that there will be no public sale at the stadium tomorrow.

Like the Ireland match, they have been releasing tickets in small batches so it looks like tickets are always close to selling out.

Much easier than admitting the pricing was wrong.

Yes they were. But not on the day/s leading upto the game they have nothing whatsoever to gain by keeping them on hold this late on. Ireland game and now this one sold out.

I am not going to the game because I thought making a stand against the SFA's pricing was the right thing to do. I would have been delighted if 0 tickets were sold which would have sent such a powerful message and potentially prices would have been kept under control in the future.

Sadly if it is close to capacity it shows that the SFA were quite astute and know their customers will just pay whatever is asked.

A fair number of our group who have been renewing memberships every second year without too much thought are now planning on letting the membership slip then picking and choosing matches. I've heard a few similar responses from others too.

So astute with their short term plan but idiotic for the long term - in my opinion.

A fair number of our group who have been renewing memberships every second year without too much thought are now planning on letting the membership slip then picking and choosing matches. I've heard a few similar responses from others too.

So astute with their short term plan but idiotic for the long term - in my opinion.

Agree. These two matches were always going to be very popular and attract fans that wouldn't normally bother with Scotland matches, nevermind the games against the likes of Macedonia when we are already out.

If you don't go to away matches, being a SSC member is a complete waste of money. People are starting to see that now.

Young enthusiastic blood with disposal income taking over from the grumpy 'we saw us at 5 World Cups on the trot' brigade who can regale us with stories of sneaking into Hampden for free ?

The ticket prices looked steep but individual protests were never going to have any influence. The reality is to watch Scotland playing with the spirit, hunger and no little skill that we have been the prices are fine and relative to many entertainment/social things now a days really not that bad.