Super Hans (Gilhaus) - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Super Hans (Gilhaus)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Only an Excuse having a sly dig at him one year ("Holland are always the bridesmaid and never the bride.... unless you are Hans Gilhaus").

One of the strongest stories I heard as to why he fell out of the picture at Aberdeen so fast was because his "partner" could not get a job and he begged the club to find some work for him......

Guy I know said he came to his clubs Christmas party one year in the eary 90's and though everyone had heard the "rumors", he said anyone who believed them up to that point were proved wrong that night :-))

he did have an comment printed in the papers at the time saying that Aberdeen was a city with a village mentality ; may well have been addressing the rumour at the time

Back to super hans, at the time lots of my pals were getting numbers printed on their shirts. Not the professional kind, the diy iron on stuff.

By the time got down to the sports shop there was only a number four left so i took it. I got a bit of stick for being simmie with four on the back of my 'large square' print dons home top.

When we signed gilhaus, i peeled it off, got the scissors out and somehow made a shit looking eleven.

The goal in his second game was just class.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/cult-hero-davie-robb-recalls-a-remarkable-career-1-3341404another potential for jackanory ; am sure there is some element of truth in there somewhere (the USA part)watched the you tube of england gamme 1971 ; and davie looks like he's a punter from the stands been asked to make up the numbershe was a childhood idol for the dons , i mind him coming on as a sub and folks reactions to his style of play ; barnstorming

He was some guy - I've got a photo of him in an old Scottish Football Yearbook from 1977, showing him right after we won the League Cup under Ally McLeod in 1976 , in the Hampden bath with the other players, proudly puffing away on a cigarette.

Edited by neilser

He was some guy - I've got a photo of him in an old Scottish Football Yearbook from 1977, showing him right after we won the League Cup under Ally McLeod in 1976 , in the Hampden bath with the other players, proudly puffing away on a cigarette.

he was a lad for sure ; my favourite photo is the one with him and jarvie with league cup (on head of course) 70s shirts and cigar

- i had it printed on a t shirt Jarvie says Dons for the Cup - for Torino away ; with some flyers for the lads Jarvie says Torino are $hite

he appears to have gone all george best in recent times though ; best mates with Rodney Marsh

alluded to one night stands with Stevie Nicks , and Olivia Newton John

dinner with Sinatra, drinks and tinkling the ivories with Sammy Davies jnr ; rooming with Pele (from another article)

must of been a bit of a comedown coming back to play at Dunfermline ; scotch egg with Jim Leishman .....

where did it all go wrong Davie