Andy Robertson For Arsenal Or Man United? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andy Robertson For Arsenal Or Man United?

King Of Paisley

Don't know if this has been covered elsewhere but clocked this on the BBC Gossip column on their website.

Manchester United and Arsenal are competing for the £12m signature of 20 year old Hull left-back Andy Robertson, who cost the Tigers just £2.85m from Dundee United in the summer (Daily Express)

Would be great if either of these two signed him, but would be worried Robbo would be an understudy to the likes of Shaw at Old Trafford.

Thoughts?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just daft paper talk, wouldn't get our hopes up about it.

Remember Craig Gordon and Steven Naismith (when he was at Killie) both being linked with Arsenal years ago ? Or the Daily Record's weekly updates on Real Madrid's "imminent" move for Steven Fletcher ?

Other newspaper pish from the last few years I can remember are - Graham Dorrans to Manchester City, Jordan Rhodes to Liverpool, Barry Bannan to Manchester Utd or Arsenal and Grant Hanley to Manchester Utd.

Danny Wilson and Charlie Adam to Liverpool were the only ones that actually happened after all the speculation, and let's be honest here, they failed at Anfield.

Best to ignore all this nonsense.

Naisy actually had a one week trial at Arsenal when he was at Killie. Trained with first team.

Aye, but did they buy him ? :(

The most obviously made up transfer rumour I've ever read was about five years ago when Christophe Berra was still at Hearts and some paper had him linked with Chelsea. :-))

Actually don't think Shaw has been as impressive as Robertson this year. Not sure about Gibbs but don't think he has set the world alight either. Robbo had another solid game when I watched yesterday and really has massive potential for 20 yo who was playing for QP not that long ago. Another year or so at Hull prob makes sense as long as they don't get relegated

The most obviously made up transfer rumour I've ever read was about five years ago when Christophe Berra was still at Hearts and some paper had him linked with Chelsea. :-))

To be fair - Chelsea probably short listed 50 home grown qualified (UK) centre halves and sent someone to look at Berra - which would be where that came from.

He would never be good enough but had him checked out just incase

Don't know if this has been covered elsewhere but clocked this on the BBC Gossip column on their website.

Manchester United and Arsenal are competing for the £12m signature of 20 year old Hull left-back Andy Robertson, who cost the Tigers just £2.85m from Dundee United in the summer (Daily Express)

Would be great if either of these two signed him, but would be worried Robbo would be an understudy to the likes of Shaw at Old Trafford.

Thoughts?

Poor Queens park! Utd would pocket a pretty penny and Queens get rooked by them yet again

A bigger concequence of the Robertson move and looking like being a big success is are EPL clubs now scowering more for young talent in Scotland. Do Dundee Utd have more gems in that squad able to go to a higher level. This guy was a relative unknown until a couple of years ago, surely there are others capable of playing for EPL or European clubs

Or is Robertson and Gauld just the best of the bunch?

Chelsea probably dropped their interest when they discovered he wasn't French.

Naw, he wanted to stay close to his dug...

:-))

I had forgotten about that!

Poor Queens park! Utd would pocket a pretty penny and Queens get rooked by them yet again

You really do talk a lot of pish. Utd have already paid QP over 300k from the Robertson transfer. More than they have recieved from any other club that I can remember. Rooked? Aye right.

A bigger concequence of the Robertson move and looking like being a big success is are EPL clubs now scowering more for young talent in Scotland. Do Dundee Utd have more gems in that squad able to go to a higher level. This guy was a relative unknown until a couple of years ago, surely there are others capable of playing for EPL or European clubs

Or is Robertson and Gauld just the best of the bunch?

Soutar still learning his stuff but a very good prospect, and his wee brother is supposed to be very capable, Aiden Connolly, Blair spittal and Charlie telfer coming on nicely! Though some credit has to go to the rangers for telfer.

You really do talk a lot of pish. Utd have already paid QP over 300k from the Robertson transfer. More than they have recieved from any other club that I can remember. Rooked? Aye right.

Are you sure that's right ? - and I'm not saying it isn't.

It's just that I was not aware of QP getting any money at all from Dundee Utd for Robertson. I remember reading an article, some time ago, in which QP praised Aberdeen for their dealings in giving them some money for Shankland, whilst at the same time criticising Dundee Utd, saying they had refused to give them anything, hiding behind the rules that said they did not have to give anything to QP, as they were an 'Amateur Club'.

As I said, I'm not saying what you have said is wrong but just that it is not what I read, a short time after he had moved to Dundee Utd.

Soutar still learning his stuff but a very good prospect, and his wee brother is supposed to be very capable, Aiden Connolly, Blair spittal and Charlie telfer coming on nicely! Though some credit has to go to the rangers for telfer.

ALL of the credit for Telfer to Rangers more like