Wales Games Prices - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wales Games Prices

I joined the Welsh SC so I could buy tickets for our last game in Cardiff,today I receiced an email from them with the ticket prices for their home qualifiers.I thought at first they were taking the piss asking for £75 to watch that pash but then realised the £75 was for the bloody season ticket.Surely the SFA are extracting the urine with the prices for our home games.

I joined the Welsh SC so I could buy tickets for our last game in Cardiff,today I receiced an email from them with the ticket prices for their home qualifiers.I thought at first they were taking the piss asking for £75 to watch that pash but then realised the £75 was for the bloody season ticket.Surely the SFA are extracting the urine with the prices for our home games.

The big difference is supporter base. Wales have a really poor(attendance wise) and unreliable home support. It can be decent when they are playing well, but the arse really falls out it when they are playing shit. With those prices they are hoping to sell out the home matches on the basis you can watch Bale & Ramsay with a real chance of qualifying for Euro 2016.

The SFA know they'll sell tickets regardless hence the ripping of pash.

The big difference is supporter base. Wales have a really poor(attendance wise) and unreliable home support. It can be decent when they are playing well, but the arse really falls out it when they are playing shit. With those prices they are hoping to sell out the home matches on the basis you can watch Bale & Ramsay with a real chance of qualifying for Euro 2016.

The SFA know they'll sell tickets regardless hence the ripping of pash.

Disagree. The big difference is the mentality of each respective FA.

Welsh FA want to sell out their (smaller) ground.

Scottish FA want to fleece the fans by charging top dollar.

A key difference in the marketing mentality the FAW know that full houses and a positive message will improve the marketablity of the team going forward- sponsorship, shirt deals, tickets fo other games. Not to mention getting new supporters interested or casual fans more interested.

The SFA's marketing team can't be doing with any of that- they'd rather extract as much money as possible from the same fans. It's lazy marketing and makes the team look.

They'd in short rather rip off 30,000 than sell the ground out

A key difference in the marketing mentality the FAW know that full houses and a positive message will improve the marketablity of the team going forward- sponsorship, shirt deals, tickets fo other games. Not to mention getting new supporters interested or casual fans more interested.

The SFA's marketing team can't be doing with any of that- they'd rather extract as much money as possible from the same fans. It's lazy marketing and makes the team look.

They'd in short rather rip off 30,000 than sell the ground out

To quote Isaac Hayes: Damn right!