The Demise - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm 32 and I think last year I began noticing it.

Not just mentality, but mannerisms, actions/interactions - bit by bit it's falling in to place. I'm thankful for still having hair although a few rogues on the sides which are white/gray along with my dark hair which is still dark/almost black, but ''not Chinese black'' as my pal once described it are there, but those old rogues do stick out, but no one warned me about puggy/massive features, and EVER growing nose AND lugs which were already big enough when I was a child plus forehead lines.

Anyhoos, avoiding bars with loud music, being told you look like someone's uncle, subbed after 60 minutes or now just being constantly on the bench even though this is the fittest I've ever been since 16.

The hardest part of it is meeting kids born 12 years after you and still thinking they are the same age. My work pal is 19 and even now at this grand ol' age I wish I was as mature, coherent (did I even spell that richt?) and just on the ball as he is.

Maybe this is a self-confidence thing, but yeah,

When did you FIRST feel old, old?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just turned 31 but genuinely still feel like I'm in my mid 20's. I was stuck in dead end jobs in my early 20's so making the most now of being able to work and travel abroad, may as well while I've got zero responsibilities

Still listen to mostly the same music, in fact some of my favourite bands are getting back together to tour (Mineral + American Football). Guess I feel older in the sense that new music rarely makes an impression.

Still got my full head of hair, although I continue to do nothing with it, much to the annoyance of my bald mates ;)

I started noticing last year. First grey hairs but mainly, I am noticeable slower on the sprint out on the pitch. Did a marathon though for the first time this year. Maybe got to that time of life where speed has to be swapped for dogged endurance.

Of more concern is how long it is taking me and the missus to conceive. Tick tock...

Going grey and losing some hair hasn't bothered me, it happens and there's f*ck all you can do about though one has to maintain standards and keep nose hair, ear hair and eyebrows in check. I still manage the gym 2 or 3 time week but that just balances out the drink and the rubbish I eat. Mentally I veer between 10 and mid-50s on a regular basis, though mostly on here.

Going grey and losing some hair hasn't bothered me, it happens and there's f*ck all you can do about though one has to maintain standards and keep nose hair, ear hair and eyebrows in check. I still manage the gym 2 or 3 time week but that just balances out the drink and the rubbish I eat. Mentally I veer between 10 and mid-50s on a regular basis, though mostly on here.

Pretty much sums up my life in a nutshell.

I'm early 40's. Play fives twice a week. Beginning to get a wee belly though and the morning after playing fives putting my socks on can be a challenge. Still have a full head of dark hair. Still go oot with my mates every so often and act like a 25 year old. Just bought a house with my girlfriend though, I think this is the is 40's equivalent of an 80 year old falling and breaking a hip - pretty much the end......

I started feeling old when my grandaughter came along and she will be 3 in march.I like being old as she is best thing to happen to me since my sons were born. :ok: The only down side to the story is i dont see her too often due to her staying on the other side of hadrians wall. <_<

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

I started feeling old when my grandaughter came along and she will be 3 in march.I like being old as she is best thing to happen to me since my sons were born. :ok:The only down side to the story is i dont see her too often due to her staying on the other side of hadrians wall. <_<

Can she no get a hoose?

I turned 32 the other week and only time i feel old is when at work i meet people who were only born the year that i started drinking or when i speak to my cousin who was born on the same day i started high school 20 years ago :shock:

dont feel my age - 44 living in Cape Town and girl friend has yet to hit 30 - she complains about me wanting to go out as much

only thing about getting older is you obviously get more senior and have more responsibility in your job so end up working longer hours etc

Only 25 still got hair but my fitness is at an all time low and belly has grown a fair bit in the last year. Luckily i was skinny as so only 10 stone still. Knee is dodgy, ankle ligaments torn countless times so they like to swell and my back is sore now too. Sound a lot worse than the older lot anyway. Trying to eat right and exercise more. And decide wtf im doing with my life.

I was being interviewed for a magazine few weeks back by some uni placement girl 10y my jnr. Cracking interview, bit flirty, she was giggly, genuine interest in my achievements etc etc, all the good signs.

Dunno how it happened, got on to harry potter (maybe something to do with favourite books and I was floundering, she suggested it as a stock answer). She said they were her favourite in primary school. Let's just say that was a smash back down to reality with the answers reverting to set pieces

Still managed to get a couple drinks with her afterwards, but felt old ordering a pint of ale and some weird fruit cider.

I was being interviewed for a magazine few weeks back by some uni placement girl 10y my jnr. Cracking interview, bit flirty, she was giggly, genuine interest in my achievements etc etc, all the good signs.

Dunno how it happened, got on to harry potter (maybe something to do with favourite books and I was floundering, she suggested it as a stock answer). She said they were her favourite in primary school. Let's just say that was a smash back down to reality with the answers reverting to set pieces

Still managed to get a couple drinks with her afterwards, but felt old ordering a pint of ale and some weird fruit cider.

Kopparberg?

great stuff.

That's vaguely creepy.

It gets proper creepy when you get to my age.