The Demise - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

When the graduate at work doesn't know who Paul Daniels & Debbie McGhee are...

When you start "planning" your hangovers.

When the starlet actresses you used to enjoy watching online now appear under the "MILF" category

Remembering old message board threads that talk about feeling old.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a medical recently and was amazed to find I was in A1 condition. Considering the bevy and fags I've consumed over the years, I couldn't believe it.

41, but always told I look considerably younger (another miracle considering the life I've led!). Thank Christ I've got a full head of hair - losing my mane terrifies me.

Back doing my weights again, and now beginning to see / feel the benefits.

The main one for me is seeing a good looking girl in her early twenties, but fancying her maw more.

When I started to like olives.

When I prefered going out for breakfast on a Saturday morning rather then out drinking on a Friday night.

When we go round to friends house for dinner rather than out for dinner.

When my drink choice moved from lager, vodka and jack Daniels to ale, red wine and whiskey.

But mostly the olives.

I am 32.

Thats not growing old it's just maturing!

46. Got wee thread veins in my legs, on yhe inside just above the knee. Not many but hate them. Also legs get achy now and again, which I believe relates to the veins. Also have these red spots appearing on my chest, like blood blisters. They're not unsightly, but would rather they weren't there.

Last Tuesday night when ignoring my wife's sexual advances wasn't working I ended up faking my orgasm so I could get back to my book.

Getting the wrong end of the stick in conversations too - on turning out the night light the Mrs rolled over to ask how it was so I answered that previous reviews were a bit generous but I was going to give my mate Dave from work a shot to see what he thought.

Looking back on this thread I seem to have arrested or reversed some of the issues through gym and diet... I'm faster than I've been for years and my team won the league for the first time this summer... I no longer creak when getting out of chairs... but by Christ do I need my sleep in the evenings and my alcohol tolerance has dropped off a cliff.

When I heard Christian Dailly described as a veteran.

I am more or less the same shape i was 20 years ago but am 20 kgs heavier and don't know where most of it is. I was very physically active then, amatuer boxing, cycling, swimming, running and playing football you name it. Now it's all a bit more sedate, harder to recover and flexibilty has gone to shit since I stopped yoga. I'm 48 and it's shite.

Also had brain scans in the last few years for leaking aneurysm and stroke. Large memory loss and a shot to shit short term memory.

If like me, your ability to take in information is greatly reduced and you need to read something three or four times before it registers (and then disappears over the course of an hour). You should get a brain scan.

Osteoarthritis in my feet has meant a slow down on the fitba playing front, feckin agony at times. Had to take a trimmer to ear hair the other day, which upset me far more than it should have :cry: Still ride a motorbike but need to finally concede that the sportsbike riding position is killing me and look at changing to a tourer with a more relaxed position. Hearing's getting ropey so had to invest in a soundbar for the telly. Still have a good full head of hair and I've been told I look 10 years younger than my 42 years so not all bad.

When you hear about the latest boyband/girl group and can accurately predict their shelf life and what will happen to them over the course of the next 3 years.

My bank just added a "retirement tools" to my home banking screen without me asking for it.

Last Tuesday night when ignoring my wife's sexual advances wasn't working I ended up faking my orgasm so I could get back to my book.

Getting the wrong end of the stick in conversations too - on turning out the night light the Mrs rolled over to ask how it was so I answered that previous reviews were a bit generous but I was going to give my mate Dave from work a shot to see what he thought.

:-))