Booze To Return To Football? - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Booze To Return To Football?

Alcohol at Football  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Without any detail, people are debating whether alochol should be made available at Scottish football grounds. Do you agree with this?

• Yes
    • No

If you pay over the odds for a posh seat ticket you can have a drink. Which makes me wonder if we really need a change in the legislation to implement it anyway.

Agreed. I suspect the legisation does not actually have to change. The governing bodies simply have to allow clubs to make beer available (under the previsouly stated conditions) to everyone and not just those in corporate suites. In presenting this to the governing bodies someone has to market this properly - nobody is asking for an overturn on the exisitng ban on taking alcohol into football grounds......there's a huge difference.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes/SNP is becoming a cult on social media, with devotees crying down anything the other side say without even thinking about it.

Just because Murphy is a twat doesn't mean he is wrong about this.

Do you think that Murphy genuinely believes that alcohol should be optional at football games or is he just using this as a desperate PR attempt to save the sinking Labour ship by getting football fans onside? It wouldn't be the first time Murphy has said one thing in public but didn't follow up his actions.

Do you think that Murphy genuinely believes that alcohol should be optional at football games or is he just using this as a desperate PR attempt to save the sinking Labour ship by getting football fans onside? It wouldn't be the first time Murphy has said one thing in public but didn't follow up his actions.

I don't really care what Murphy's motives although I suspect you are right. What do you think George Adam's motives are?

10171210_10205545562139919_3538508108785

Myself at the ice hockey two weeks ago. Like I never had enough pre-entry! :cheers3:

You know it's simply called hockey in NHL

As grass game is foreign to most of them

Usually plastic cups of beer at Calgary Flames games

Almost makes it bearable......

I hope we've come a long way since the tartan special carry out and the glass emptys thrown at the roof etc

I know perfectly well what they call it here. I just refuse to. The same with soccer.

I buckled after 5 years or so

Although am always sure to watch what I say when back home

The wife likes to wind me up with the chewing the fat parody where everything cost 25pound

2 Glesca boy's return from Canada sketch....

I buckled after 5 years or so

Although am always sure to watch what I say when back home

The wife likes to wind me up with the chewing the fat parody where everything cost 25pound

2 Glesca boy's return from Canada sketch....

It's the C word I struggle with. The Wife's Maw is seek o' me calling her an auld c.....

The image of people trying to throw as much alcohol down their throats as quickly as possible over a 15minute window is just not realistically going to happen.

Some days at Craven Cottage I will have a half time pint, last couple of month I have not bothered as its freezing. Normal routine would be one of the three of us nips down on 43 mins and buys three pints. We then meet on the concourse and watch the first half highlights. Finish our pints then head back up to our seats. No drama, no fighting, no falling about drunk. I cannot imagine I would act any different going to Parkhead or Prestonfield. As football fans in Scotland we are treated like criminals rather than adults. Years of failing to police football properly is to blame, not football fans as a collective.

The image of people trying to throw as much alcohol down their throats as quickly as possible over a 15minute window is just not realistically going to happen.

Some days at Craven Cottage I will have a half time pint, last couple of month I have not bothered as its freezing. Normal routine would be one of the three of us nips down on 43 mins and buys three pints. We then meet on the concourse and watch the first half highlights. Finish our pints then head back up to our seats. No drama, no fighting, no falling about drunk. I cannot imagine I would act any different going to Parkhead or Prestonfield. As football fans in Scotland we are treated like criminals rather than adults. Years of failing to police football properly is to blame, not football fans as a collective.

I forgot alcohol was on sale at the Nigeria game at CC - as only Carlsberg was on offer I didn't bother! Funnily enough, I didn't see any misbehaviour inside the ground (or outside for that matter).

The only argument the anti-booze brigade on here seem to be able to put forward is that Scots are a bunch of alkies who are unable to behave themselves when drink is on offer.

The only argument the anti-booze brigade on here seem to be able to put forward is that Scots are a bunch of alkies who are unable to behave themselves when drink is on offer.

Which you need to remember is true.

Unless they're at the Rugby, Cricket, lower League football, a concert (preferably at a football ground), a pub that opens 8 hours before kick-off, a pub that closes 10 hours after full-time.

Y'know, stuff like that.

not at the brazil game at the Emirates cause it was very much in evidence their?

Yes I was but did not see anything like that (although I didn't leave my seat to be fair).

If it was the case I am sure it was more to do with novelty than desire. A huge chunk of Scotland football fans have never been 'allowed' to have a beer at half time. That novelty would go pretty quick.

Poll

Were you on the 'alochol' when you made this poll? :wave:

Yes I was but did not see anything like that (although I didn't leave my seat to be fair).

If it was the case I am sure it was more to do with novelty than desire. A huge chunk of Scotland football fans have never been 'allowed' to have a beer at half time. That novelty would go pretty quick.

As somebody who got so drunk at that game I barely remember it, I can confirm the novelty factor.

It was Fosters :blink:

in the concourse,embarrassing much the same at wales

I remember my first away game in Sweden back in 96 or 97 and being gobsmacked that I was able to not only buy a beer but take it back to my seat. I bought 2 beers (one for me, one for my mate) the whole game. As someone else stated, if people want to behave like pissed up jakies at the fitba they don't need a fifteen minute window (10 of which will be spent in a queue) to achieve their aims.

It's sad that clubs can't sell beers in the stadium. Never see a problem with it at games in England. At games in England, folk are more likely to be in their seats on time because they've not all left it to the last possible minute to leave the pub. There are obviously some games which you'd stop the sale but I honestly can't see any problem with this.

Something else that occurred to me is the impact selling booze in the concourses would have on the staff that work in the kiosks. I can only really speak for Ibrox but the majority of the staff that work in the kiosks look to be 16 or 17 year old kids earning a bit of pocket money. Selling booze would mean these kids wouldn't be able to be employed or would have to be laid off which is a bit shit.

Something else that occurred to me is the impact selling booze in the concourses would have on the staff that work in the kiosks. I can only really speak for Ibrox but the majority of the staff that work in the kiosks look to be 16 or 17 year old kids earning a bit of pocket money. Selling booze would mean these kids wouldn't be able to be employed or would have to be laid off which is a bit shit.

Is there not a Bar 72 at Ibrox that some season ticket holders can access at half-time (obviously paying a premium to do so)?

I'm not a fan of selling it in concourses, only where there's the space to set up a proper bar.

They could set up kiosks that only sell beer and only employ over 18s in them, I'm sure that's the way it works elsewhere. At CP we already have separate kiosks for different kinds of food, another one for beer wouldn't make a lot of difference.