Good Riddance 2014 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two highlights of this year have been maloneys goal against ireland and raith winning the cup. Rest of the year has been a mixture of good and bad from a football and personal point of view. 2015 has the potential to be a good year on both fronts, so here's hoping.

All the best to you all and yer families and long may yer lum reek :ok:

Edited by daddybuc16

Charlie Brooker's yearly wipe was on the money as ever:-

Spool to 42 minutes for the Cameron/Salmond rap by Cassetteboy. Genius stuff :ok:

Watched that last night, was hilarious. Especially him trying to read out the tweet from the scot talking about jk rowling. Edited by daddybuc16

Unforgettable year for me. My first child was born, a son, but was born 2 months early and spent a month in hospital in the special care baby unit. You wouldn't know he was early looking at him now though.

The referendum was and still is a massive part of my life. I threw everything I possibly could into it. Devastated doesn't come close to how I was after it. I still get teary thinking about it. It's now a life mission of mine to see Scottish independence. I still drive about in my Yes mobile and was still trying to persuade people of the benefits of independence when I was out last Saturday to try and get no voters backing yes next time.

Mixed year for me. Got married, had a cracking honeymoon, was best man at my mates wedding and moved to a nice new house.

On the flip side, referendum, Rangers and lost a couple of close family members (although both were a decent age).

Belated congratulations on your marriage. At least something good's come oot annus horriblis.

From a fitba point of view, its been fairly good, Scotland have progressed nicely under Strachan, and Dundee look like they should be safe enough.

From a personal point of view, its been quite awful, I left my old job for a new one, less money, worse hours, worse staff, pretty much no positives at all. Been off sick a few times for various things, definitely off more this year than the last decade. Lost the referendum, which was incredibly heartbreaking, Im now even more cynical than I was, which I didnt think could happen.

Roll on 2015, it can only get better.

2 brilliant trips to Poland and one to Germany. Lovely wee holiday in Turkey. Change of jobs within company to permanent nightshift and move to Newcastle from Lytham St Annes.

Despite the referendum loss , I was invorigated and inspired throughout the year with this , and for me the momentum continues with hope and belief that it will happen. Looking forward to the GE and hopefully mass exodus from Labout to SNP. Could be worse - imagine being English and your hope lies with UKIP ffs.

All in all a year of change but by no means one of the worst - one of the better ones for me,.

Watched that last night, was hilarious. Especially him trying to read out the tweet from the scot talking about jk rowling.

Aye, enjoyed it. There's some good stuff on the Beeb outside of their Pravda-esque news coverage.

"You are the Westminster dick" :lol:

Edited by Toepoke

Another good year.

3rd one in Australia. Moved to Melbourne from Sydney and its been cool. Job isn't as good but it's a cracking city and glad I came down.

Another devastated by the referendum. Mixed emotions as until the 18th September there wasn't a day I didn't think about coming home but I guess selfishly didn't because I have a good thing out here, and although it made me homesick at times, watching the result in the pub I couldn't have been happier to not be in scotland at that time.

2015 should be a cracker. Back to Scotland for a couple of months, wee bit of travel there, and a lot of travel abroad before going to New Zealand for at least a year. 31 going on 21 but wouldn't have it any other way :ok:

Aye, enjoyed it. There's some good stuff on the Beeb outside of their Pravda-esque news coverage.

"You are the Westminster dick" :lol:

:lol:

By the way folks, shameless plug. But if you do anything daft through the bevvie tonight, ye can do worse than sponser me for next years kiltwalk on the link below.