Atp World Tour 2015 - Page 20 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atp World Tour 2015

min

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Murray being true to his word of playing very little tennis for the rest of the year. Didn't defend his title in Shenzen this week - although that wasn't a surprise as the main reason he played last year was to gain ranking points and qualify for the Tour Finals - however, did expect him to play a 500 in Beijing or Tokyo next week in preparation for the Shanghai Masters. Only Federer out of the other top 10 players isn't playing next week. I guess it's a fine line between resting and maintaining competitive match sharpness.

I do expect him to play some tournament between Shanghai and the Paris Masters.

Murray being true to his word of playing very little tennis for the rest of the year. Didn't defend his title in Shenzen this week - although that wasn't a surprise as the main reason he played last year was to gain ranking points and qualify for the Tour Finals - however, did expect him to play a 500 in Beijing or Tokyo next week in preparation for the Shanghai Masters. Only Federer out of the other top 10 players isn't playing next week. I guess it's a fine line between resting and maintaining competitive match sharpness.

I do expect him to play some tournament between Shanghai and the Paris Masters.

I think it is only wise especially when rumours were around that he was playing through back pains in that Davis Cup semi. Rest up and come back as strong as possible for the tournaments that matter towards the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Solid progress from Andy in Shanghai. The Djokovic machine also rolls on and their scheduled meeting in the SF, could be the last outwith a final for a while. Federer's early exit and the points he has to defend for the rest if the season, surely means Murray can consolidate the number two spot.

Consistently challenging Djokovic is another matter and it's hard to see how anyone can do that at the moment.

The Rafa resurgence continues. Smashed Stan 1 & 2

Definitely Nadal's best performance since his return from injury and probably heading to his second final in as many weeks. Good to see him inching his way back to near his best.

Also a great result and performance from Andy again. Really looking forward to his match tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

Roger v Rafa tomorrow in the Basel final. The first time they've met in almost two years, with Federer not having a win against Nadal for three and a half years. Enjoy it while we can as there may not be too many more meetings between the two at this level...

Murray in the in Paris v Djokovic, who won the first set 6-2 in just over forty minutes.

He becomes only.the fourth player to reach the final of all nine masters tournaments.

Edited by biffer

Murray is playing well and had a good season, but Djokovic has proven again that he's in a league of his own.

Six masters titles in a single season has never before been achieved and coupled with three majors and a runner up at the French Open - Novak has rewritten the record books. Hugely impressive.

A dominant straight sets victory for Andy against Ferrer.

200 ranking points and $167k - not bad for 90 minutes on the court.

It also means that Murray has to lose his next two matches and Federer has to be an undefeated champion, in order to deny Murray ending the year as world number 2.