Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shootiing At French Magazine In Paris

Mission accomplished.

Jesus defeated the grave.

The free gift of salvation is there for anyone to accept or reject.

The Roman Catholic doctrine of transubstantiation isn't Biblical.

The Roman Catholic Church believe that the bread turns into Jesus' actual flesh and that the wine turns into Jesus' actual blood during the sacrament of the eucharist (which of course, it doesn't).

Bible-believing Christians know that the Lord's Supper is symbolic only ("Do this in remembrance of me... ") as the Bible tells us that Jesus died once sufficiently for all sins (past, present, and future) and isn't a perpetual sacrifice in some religious rite.

I was referring to the symbolic version, the Catholic version is so laughable it's not worth considering.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had this discussion before; I don't see it as a "gift". It's obviously preferable to eternal damnation, but eternal nothingness would be my preferred option.

I believe that you are saying that from a weary human point of view.

As in "I would rather it 'lights out' as opposed to being 'weary' throughout eternity'.

Thing is, no one will be weary (or anything else negative) in heaven.

Try and take this in... everything will be perpetually new.

We'll never exhaust anything.

It will be beyond awesome.

We will never get to the end of an eternally renewing existence (so your joy, enthusiasm, etc. will never waver).

Please don't make the mistake of judging heaven by anything lackadaisical you may be experiencing here on earth.

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

I believe that you are saying that from a weary human point of view.

As in "I would rather it 'lights out' as opposed to being 'weary' throughout eternity'.

Thing is, no one will be weary (or anything else negative) in heaven.

Try and take this in... everything will be perpetually new.

We'll never exhaust anything.

It will be beyond awesome.

We will never get to the end of an eternally renewing existence (so your joy, enthusiasm, etc. will never waver).

Please don't make the mistake of judging heaven by anything lackadaisical you may be experiencing here on earth.

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

Fair enough - I gather you have to enjoy yourself whether you like it or not :wink2: . Edited by Charlie Endell

Imagine if someone set up a market stall selling racist cartoons in any major city.How long would it be until someone filled them in?

Would it be justified? No. Would you be surprised it happened? No.

The same magazine sacked a main cartoonist for anti semitism for saying all in comparison to the stuff above it seems no problem.

The whole thing is just another part of the "let's demonize islam" shite that has been running for decades now.

The cartoons were vile, lazy racist crap from a shit magazine, sorry they are dead but.

Agreed. The media rarely showed these images before but now they can't get enough. AFAIR, the mainstream media blanked out/refused to show the Mohammed cartoon when it first made the news (although, I might have got that mixed up with South Park).

The media should use some decorum and respect the victims instead of repeatedly displaying offensive & derogatory cartoons under the freedom-of-expression pretense. I'd go as far as saying it's encouraging more people to take a swipe at a race of people, albeit in a different way from 'normal'.

No,I find him asking his followers to symbolically eat his body and drink his blood, in order to remember him, mental.

"When you eat and drink (which we have to do often) remember Me." (Think of Me often.)

We Christians think of Jesus as the 'bread of life' and are redeemed through the shedding of His blood.

Imagine if someone set up a market stall selling racist cartoons in any major city.How long would it be until someone filled them in?

Would it be justified? No. Would you be surprised it happened? No.

The same magazine sacked a main cartoonist for anti semitism for saying all in comparison to the stuff above it seems no problem.

The whole thing is just another part of the "let's demonize islam" shite that has been running for decades now.

The cartoons were vile, lazy racist crap from a shit magazine, sorry they are dead but.

Totally agree however Islam has been doing a great job of demonizing itself too

Bill Maher is a twat

Millions of Muslims might object to the Prophet being disrespected but millions wouldnt go out and kill someone over it OR say it was justified

"When you eat and drink (which we have to do often) remember Me." (Think of Me often.)

We Christians think of Jesus as the 'bread of life' and are redeemed through the shedding of His blood.

Aaaw,that's a lovely interpretation.So he is basically just saying to his mates 'raise a glass to me when I'm dead'. He's just a normal guy wanting his pals to remember him,nice.

Bill Maher is a twat

Millions of Muslims might object to the Prophet being disrespected but millions wouldnt go out and kill someone over it OR say it was justified

I have never heard of him but based only on that small clip I would have to agree with you. There are a lot of folk like him about though. Which is worrying.

Totally agree however Islam has been doing a great job of demonizing itself too

16 people killed In Nigeria according to reports by a 10 year old suicide bomber used by Boko Haram. I believe that in Afghanistan the Taliban also showed no scruples is exploiting the vulnerable to do its dirty work.

What is depressing is that in an era of 24 hour news most of us are still none the wiser as to why these things happen and why the West is so hated. Islam is a massive global religion and in any group there will be differences of understanding, the majority of Muslims worldwide and certainly in the West would condemn these attacks as the evil actions they are. However a minority will applaud them and disregard the opinion of other Muslims because in their eyes they are not 'true' believers, eg it would be irrelevant to the murderers of the French police officer that he was a Muslim because they would have regarded him as apostate. Sadly the majority of Muslims killed in the world are killed by fellow Muslims.

Bill Maher is a twat

Actually near enough millions if not that number would say it was justified even if they wouldn't do it themselves.

Whenever a plane goes down with 200 people on board we don't say, well it was only one plane out of the millions that fly across the world every year. an investigation takes place into the cause of the problem and it is dealt with swiftly so that it doesn't happen again. In our case the problem in large part is islam and instead of acknowledging that we make excuses for them.

Actually near enough millions if not that number would say it was justified even if they wouldn't do it themselves.

Whenever a plane goes down with 200 people on board we don't say, well it was only one plane out of the millions that fly across the world every year. an investigation takes place into the cause of the problem and it is dealt with swiftly so that it doesn't happen again. In our case the problem in large part is islam and instead of acknowledging that we make excuses for them.

It's not as simple as just blaming Islam. It's a complex problem and one that will be very difficult to resolve.

That's why I said in large part. There are obviously other geopolitical factors etc etc, but Islam is at the root of the problem.

Disagree. It's the radical misinterpretation of (and the people/powers that encourage this) Islam that is to blame, not the religion itself.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Disagree. It's the radical misinterpretation of (and the people/powers that encourage this) Islam that is to blame, not the religion itself.

J

Nonsense, if you were to abide by what is strictly written in the Quran we would be seeing much worse than some of the terrible things that have been actually happening right now.

Edited by Freeedom