Spl Winter Transfer Window - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spl Winter Transfer Window

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to explain this morning to my son and daughter, who got signed pictures from Stuart Armstrong just 2 weeks ago that he was away with GMS to celtic.

brilliant.

I think you're being a bit melodramatic.

Not sure I would be all that chuffed if a Utd fan. Brought in two full backs and a lad that didn't exactly shine for Killie on the 3 occasions I've seen them this season. Selling your two "best" players with running ability to a team you play in a Cup final in a few weeks........ Utd will have to change quite a bit to adapt.

Dow will replace Armstrong. Everyone at Saturdays semi could see the difference he made when he came on. No worries there. GMS has been hot and cold for the last year.

United fans have been greeting at how bad the defence has been all season yet now that it looks A LOT more solid (McGowan/Morris/Fojut/Dixon) folk are still moaning.

Statement just released by United. Both players asked to go now so what were United supposed to do?

You missed the word "major". I am posting in relation to the money spent on Armstrong.

Ah right, we shouldn't be upset if you take our best players for nothing.

Ach, it's the way of the world. United pinched Muirhead for buttons and tried to do the same with Allan. We've filched that ginger boy from Arbroath.

It's our own club we're upset with. And to be honest, I am beginning to see the sense in what they've done. We've still got some of the best young players in the country - Connolly, Ciftci, Telfer, Spittal and more coming through all the time. Life goes on.

Dow will replace Armstrong. Everyone at Saturdays semi could see the difference he made when he came on. No worries there. GMS has been hot and cold for the last year.

United fans have been greeting at how bad the defence has been all season yet now that it looks A LOT more solid (McGowan/Morris/Fojut/Dixon) folk are still moaning.

Statement just released by United. Both players asked to go now so what were United supposed to do?

Utd's defence was indeed poor. Not sure I hold Dow in anywhere near the same regard as Armstrong. GMS can be hot or cold like any player in that mould, he is a good player though. I would just like to have seen Utd hold onto ther players for a bit - not much you can do if they both want away (if that's true).

Ah right, we shouldn't be upset if you take our best players for nothing.

Ach, it's the way of the world. United pinched Muirhead for buttons and tried to do the same with Allan. We've filched that ginger boy from Arbroath.

It's our own club we're upset with. And to be honest, I am beginning to see the sense in what they've done. We've still got some of the best young players in the country - Connolly, Ciftci, Telfer, Spittal and more coming through all the time. Life goes on.

I understand that no fan likes to think of their club as a selling club but in reality we all are, even the biggest clubs, whether it be in Scotland or worldwide. Bar the likes of Real, Barca and probably Bayern, all clubs are. Man Utd lose Ronaldo to a bigger club, Juve, biggest club in Italy, probably going to lose Pogba to Real, Suarez to Barca....its the way of football, right down, as you say to you picking up Muirhead and some ginger Smokie, and probably even below that.

Utd seem to be producing and picking up decent youngsters here and there so as you say, life goes on.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

we will always have to sell McTeeko, but the timing of these two is a bit much.

Edited by ShedTA

Utd's defence was indeed poor. Not sure I hold Dow in anywhere near the same regard as Armstrong. GMS can be hot or cold like any player in that mould, he is a good player though. I would just like to have seen Utd hold onto ther players for a bit - not much you can do if they both want away (if that's true).

Well the club's official statement said they both asked to go immediately. Absolutely no choice after that, they have to go. I'd rather have two players who want to play than two who don't. And it may only be £1.6m for Armstrong but add-ons are included. That could potentially be another million or two in a couple of years.

People raving about Telfer too. Personally I've not seen enough of him to give an opinion (as Parkie says he was poor on sat) so we'll see how he progresses.

Edited by McTeeko

we will always have to sell McTeeko, but the timing of these two is a bit much.

I think that's really the only gripe and also probably mainly relates to the Armstrong deal. Getting cash, of sorts, for GMS now as opposed to nothing in the summer, probably makes financial sense. Armstrong would have went for as much in the summer as now no doubt and you don't need the money so its a bvgger to lose him.

whats he like Squirrel? I know hes been quite heavily involved in the scotland youth set up. but cant say I know much about the boy.

(SH seems to be recovering from his late night).

Muirhead's had a poor season IMO. Whether it's down to the atmosphere around the club or the quality of coaching he's getting I'm not sure.

He does have a lot of ability but I think he may be a bit too slow to make it big time.

Good luck to the lad though. Dire transfer window from a Killie perspective. Probably an indication that Johnston won't be getting a contract after the season is over...

To be honest Armstrong is still pretty unproven. £1.8m for him is pretty good money in my opinion.

I've seen quite a bit of him and think he is one of the better players I've seen over the past few years. However, as you point out £1.8M is probably quite good given that before Utd were debt free, they may have been looking at around £500k.