You're Favourite Scotland Top? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You're Favourite Scotland Top?

Robroysboy

Ffs im losing it. Was first diadora the white on each side or was that fila too?

First Fila one was white with a blue and yellow trim v-neck.... followed by the yellow one with a blue hoop across the chest (liked it at the time, but looking back on it now, was rather poor).

First Diadora one was white with a blue trim and thin blue piping down it (it actually still holds up well to this day!).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order.

1. This seasons away shirt

2. Fila pinstripe

3. Euro 96 Tartan effort

4. McFadden Paris away

5. Salmon pink away

Shockers include

1. That maroon effort worn in Georgia last time.

2. That dark yellow one worn v Italy in the San Siro.

Have a look down memory lane.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/index.html

J

In no particular order.

1. This seasons away shirt

2. Fila pinstripe

3. Euro 96 Tartan effort

4. McFadden Paris away

5. Salmon pink away

Shockers include

1. That maroon effort worn in Georgia last time.

2. That dark yellow one worn v Italy in the San Siro.

Its amazing how just one game can influence peoples opinions.

Remember the Faddy kit getting absolutely hounded on its release (even after the Y was turned into a X).... Nobody looked at it as a great kit.... yet after the Paris game, i went up in folks opinions (remember you could not buy it in shops not long after).

I think most folk don't look at it as a great kit... just a great memory/association with it.

Opposite with the Maroon kit... I liked it, and still do... its just when I take it out the cupboard I just think "Tbilisi and 17 year old goalkeepers!" :yikes3:

Also, with regards to the Diadora stuff, compared to what we are getting now with Adidas, how fobbed off where we with Diadora?

Though some of the kits are alright, the quality was shocking and ridiculously cheap.

First Adidas kits were just straight off the peg, yet were 100 times better than the Diadora stuff.

What about those shell suits circa 1990 ish? pretty sure there was a white one and a blue one, everyone seemed to have one

My memory of the suits was the danger that you would go up in a ball of flames if you went within 50 feet of a naked flame? LOL

Got the blue one for Christmas, was at my grandparents playing on the floor near the coal fire.... after a while my aunt says "whats burning?", and it was me :-))

This was the first diadora one:

_39573631_goal.jpg

My favourite shirt is the last Adidas one (the one with the collar). Just a pity there are no happy memories to go along with it...

First Fila one was white with a blue and yellow trim v-neck.... followed by the yellow one with a blue hoop across the chest (liked it at the time, but looking back on it now, was rather poor).

First Diadora one was white with a blue trim and thin blue piping down it (it actually still holds up well to this day!).

Yea eventually got to that Diadora one. I had it as well but just escaped my mind. Had a white fila away one that was nice. I like the adidas collar one better than the current one. Away top really is great though.

The red away one with the pin-stripes, blue shorts, white socks. Circa '81. Dalglish scored against Israel in it.

May be wrong but I think the pin stripe red one was released for the '82 World Cup. It's also my favourite top. The Isreal match was the previous change strip and was slightly different, it had Umbro badges all the way down the arms.

And given how you like to be a pedantic swine on most other issues the team wore red socks in that game as well........it was officially white though :ok:

Other favourite was the WC 90 and Euro 96 home tops. Really like the current away shirt as well

May be wrong but I think the pin stripe red one was released for the '82 World Cup. It's also my favourite top. The Isreal match was the previous change strip and was slightly different, it had Umbro badges all the way down the arms.

And given how you like to be a pedantic swine on most other issues the team wore red socks in that game as well........it was officially white though :ok:

Other favourite was the WC 90 and Euro 96 home tops. Really like the current away shirt as well

Aye, you're quite correct, Smart a..., Angus!

What about those shell suits circa 1990 ish? pretty sure there was a white one and a blue one, everyone seemed to have one

Not sure about the shell suits, but the silver tracksuit top for the 86 World Cup was a thing a beauty. I remember playing a football tournament down in England when I was about 13, and we I was walking down the street with 3 or 4 teammates. We were all wearing the same thing without having planned it.

As for the strips... World Cup 1998 was good. I liked the Euro 2006 Qualifier Diadora, and then the current Adidas home (just wish it had a real badge). Best away top was the 82 World Cup red one with pin stripes.

Having said all that. France always seem to have the best designs (rugby too). About 80% of their tops over the last 30 years are better than anything we've had to show for ourselves. Seeing as their colours aren't too different, it's a little bit frustrating.

1980 away, nice red number.

Totally agree. Loved that jersey.

Big fan of the Adidas jerseys,they're ALMOST there with the best ever home jersey.

Liked our France 98 jersey too.

Thought diadora were petty poor although liked the one from the 2007/2008 campaign.

The pinstriped fila jersey is still abysmal. Also note and agreed with previous comment on the France 07 jersey,hated it till THAT night... cannae get them for love nor money in Large now!

That's right. A gatefold with sections for shirt, shorts and socks. Mind unwrapping it on my birthday - best present ever!

I remember that one too - It was also my first ever football strip.The box was silver and had a picture of Gordon McQueen at Wembley in 1977 on it. I got it aged 11 for Christmas 1978.

Major regret on my part that I allowed that kit to be given away when I got too big for it...

Opposite with the Maroon kit... I liked it, and still do... its just when I take it out the cupboard I just think "Tbilisi and 17 year old goalkeepers!" :yikes3:

Does anybody know what ever happened tae that dude? Where is he now?

Anyway, got my favourite one for my birthday last year. The euro 96 tartan one. Like this years one, the white away one from 90s with splash across it. Spain 82 tops and argentina 78 tops that are available now are pretty smart.

And don't tell anyone, i use to love the 94 (ish) red keeper top.

I know its all down to taste, but i just can't like the away one this year.

Edited by daddybuc16

Would hardly rate Strachan as a legend during his Scotland playing days

Bad move for him going to a very average man utd team

Only really at Leeds he got his 2nd wind , but really took old then to make an impact with national team

Debatable.

Strachan as a player scored in Mexico '86 goal against germany but is probually more remembered for the goal celebration where he was too small to leap over the advertising boards.

He fell away from the international scene only to return as captain under roxburgh for the successfull italia 90 campaign. He did not feature in the italian tournament as he concentrated on domestic football with leeds.

Domestically he captained an underdog leeds side to win the english title. A massive achievement.

He's a winner and the players look up to him in the dressing room.

Edited by Robroysboy

Deflected goal in a game we lost

Nothing much in other 2 games

Oh aye he did get chopped in first few minutes v Uruguay

Although we could still be playing that game and never have scored

82 WC's was probably his finest

A good Scotland player ; in no way a legend

Scoring pens v San marino is not that high up on my list either