Ryan Gauld Sporting Home Debut - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Gauld Sporting Home Debut

@neaver82

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the sporting fans love him already the way they were cheering whenever he got the ball.

Sporting must love him as well with the 60 mill price tag on him already. Could we be seeing the start of a world class player?

Very encouraging, he seems to have impressed the manager with his league cup performances. I'm trying not too get too carried away/exited but we could have a very good player on our hands. Will Strachan give him his debut vs Gibraltar?

Just as long as young players who move abroad are not forgotten, Must admit I haven't given Gauld much thought of late. and am glad that he's made his debut. I agree with above, I would play him against N Ireland.

As long as Strachan doesn't forget him that's the main thing!

Young players should be encouraged to consider moving abroad, not told they risk being "forgotten about" if they do.

How many minutes were gone when he came on?

Who did he come on for and was it a tactical substitution or forced through injury?

I am not sure but he at least played more than half of the second half. He came on when Sporting led 2-1 so it certainly wasn't a substitution made to give him a run-out considering the match result was so evenly balanced and three points were far from in the bag. Seen his 'superb skill' that website referred to in that he picked up the ball centrally about 30-yards out and side-stepped a defender and sent Nani racing away down the wing who crossed the ball for Sporting's third goal. Hope that helps.

The only problem I see re playing for Scotland is fitting him into the team.

I reckon the closest player we've got at the moment to Gauld is Maloney, and it took Maloney and long time to establish himself.

I guess because he's not a winger, not a forward, and not a "box-to-box" midfielder.

Still, it's great news that he's made his league debut. Here's hoping everything goes well and he turns into the next iniesta!

The only problem I see re playing for Scotland is fitting him into the team.

I reckon the closest player we've got at the moment to Gauld is Maloney, and it took Maloney and long time to establish himself.

I guess because he's not a winger, not a forward, and not a "box-to-box" midfielder.

Still, it's great news that he's made his league debut. Here's hoping everything goes well and he turns into the next iniesta!

Believe you me if he ends up being half as good as he is being touted then a place will be found for him in the team.

Sporting must love him as well with the 60 mill price tag on him already.

I would not look to much into that, just standard practice with Sporting these days that they slap that price tag on any younger player they sign, but last few weeks things seem to be coming along nicely for Gauld :ok:

If we can get him and Harper in and around the first team at their clubs, I still suspect we will see a wave off young Scottish players finally getting it that there is life outside the Premiership