Ryan Gauld Sporting Home Debut - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Gauld Sporting Home Debut

@neaver82

I don't think there's any need to worry, he's 19 and both the club and fans seem to like him. They'll be using him sparingly so as not to burn him out and also in games in which they feel he can help. We need to remember that in their eyes, he has only recently signed from a minor team in a minor league.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's any need to worry, he's 19 and both the club and fans seem to like him. They'll be using him sparingly so as not to burn him out and also in games in which they feel he can help. We need to remember that in their eyes, he has only recently signed from a minor team in a minor league.

Surely you mean major team in minor league?

Gauld deserves a call up and should even maybe start the next one. If he can break into the Sporting Lisbon team then he is good enough to break into our team. I'l be really surprised if he's not there!

A call-up maybe but to start he'd have to take the place of someone like Naismith. He has some way to go before that will happen.

A call-up maybe but to start he'd have to take the place of someone like Naismith. He has some way to go before that will happen.

Agreed.

If he was a youth player at Celtic, then he should go straight into the starting XI. But this Aberdonian kid? No Chance.