League Cup Semi - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Semi

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the BBC commentary and the Clyde report Utd were the best team for the first 40 and for the last 15.

I wasn't watching but it kind of clashes with you 60 mins figure.

Are you being fair or are the reporters making it up?

I've no idea. Does it matter ?

According to the BBC commentary and the Clyde report Utd were the best team for the first 40 and for the last 15.

Are you being fair or are the reporters making it up? ?

I genuinely thought we were the better team today. Can't say I'd be paying much attention to the Clyde Report or BBC. Didn't take our chances. Ref was sh1t. Apart from that, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Good luck Utd.

Are you being fair or are the reporters making it up? ?

I backed utd in play purely based on stats on Bet 365.

Certainly didn't appear like Aberdeen dominated for 80 mins!

I backed utd in play purely based on stats on Bet 365.

Certainly didn't appear like Aberdeen dominated for 80 mins!

Nobody said aberdeen dominated. I thought we were the better team for....just....the better part of the game, and certainly had more pressure and the better chances.

I'm strangely philosophical about this though. Some games you're just destined to lose, no matter what. And this was one of them.

First half was very even. Both teams carrying a threat but unable to make a decisive chance.

2nd half we came out and dominated. Got the goal. Then went on to pass up chance after chance. Not sure if there was enough in Rooney's header to have it chalked off, will be interesting to see tonight.

Then, out of not very much, utd got their 1st. Game evened up but I still thought we looked more likely to get the next goal. But was not to be. Brown had an absolute shocker for the winner (and I hear that Ciftci was also offside). Gutted.

Fair play utd, the hung in and made us pay for our misses. Well done to them. Hope they go and win the cup now.

HAven't seen any of the game, or read any o the comments here yet. Just in from the pub after going to a dire Birmingham v Norwich game. Spoke to pals who were at the game. SOunds quote even - did we get a goal ruled off taht could have been given?

Anyway - well done United, hope you go on and win it

HAven't seen any of the game, or read any o the comments here yet. Just in from the pub after going to a dire Birmingham v Norwich game. Spoke to pals who were at the game. SOunds quote even - did we get a goal ruled off taht could have been given?

Anyway - well done United, hope you go on and win it

We did indeed. Looked like all in it too. Rooney header from a corner went in. McLean gave a foul on their centre half.