Bbc Bias - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the BBC keeping there impartiality. Right before the rugby tonight the show an advert for an coming drama which uses Jerusalem as its audio. Wonder what they will show before the Scotland game?

Are you serious? In what possible way was the use of Jerusalem in that advert pro-England? Did you even SEE the advert?

Newsnight / bbc englandshire..... magna carta.....oooh.

Its pretty much at the stage now, post referendum, that they can just talk about education/ NHS /law etc without even bothering to say "English' first. Virtually no mention of Scotland having a different system. They really think it doesn't matter now.

Newsnight / bbc englandshire..... magna carta.....oooh.

Its pretty much at the stage now, post referendum, that they can just talk about education/ NHS /law etc without even bothering to say "English' first. Virtually no mention of Scotland having a different system. They really think it doesn't matter now.

They never stopped .In fact they never faltered .

Apparently the Magna Carter is celebrated all over the world .Honestly if i hadn't heard it ....Oh and it changed Britain from it's inception !!!.Can they really be that ignorant or is it deliberate .Panel results please ..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

BBC Quietly Owns Up to Blatant Propaganda Lies

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/09/bbc-quietly-owns-blatant-propaganda-lies/

Is the BBC biased against Jeremy Corbyn? Look at the evidence

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/08/bbc-biased-against-jeremy-corbyn-look-evidence

London Calling: The BBC is no longer “our’s” so let’s fight it, says film-maker

http://newsnet.scot/citizen/london-calling-the-bbc-is-no-longer-ours-so-lets-fight-it-says-film-maker/

and just for balance,

BIASED BBC:

http://biasedbbc.org/

this lot who seem to think the BBC are too PC, too pro EU and biased to the left - and even too pro SNP!

43 minutes ago, exile said:

By the way, an Andrew Marr documentary on, right now, Scotland and the Battle for Britain.

(Not saying it's biased... )

Thought it was pretty fair and even handed tbh.  Nice wee dig at New Labour not blaming themselves towards the end.

That said, its clearly made for a UK rather than a Scottish audience and it was a bit of a "Scottish Politics for Dummies".  Nothing particularly wrong with that and something that is probably overdue, saves me trying to explain for the umpteenth time to people in England that "what happened to Labour?" didn't start or end with Better Together.

Kind of reminded me of when the Curling team get to the finals of the Olympics and Dougie Donnelly has to go "for those of you unfamiliar with curling, let me run the rules one more time"

Well I'd missed the beginning, so still not sure what the programme is for, who its for, what the title means. It seemed like a potted history of Scottish politics since the 60s but not sure what the 'Battle for Britain' means.

It seemed reasonably balanced (though not mentioning the McCrone report). For me the most obvious omission (other than omitting Maggie visiting Hampden) was immediately fast-forwarding from 2007 SNP victory to 2011. As if Scottish domestic politics and SNP performance in government is of no interest to Marr.

The real test of any 'bias' will be next time, how (if) they handle BBC/Pacific Quay and how (if) he covers the George Square 'riot'

Oh and another thing, I'll be interested to see if it attempts to explain why the SNP surged after the 2014 referendum but not the 1979 one. I don't think anyone has ever explained that. People just seem to assume, 'obviously' after the failure of 79, support dipped, whereas equally 'obviously' after the failure of 2014, support surged.

Edited by exile

59 minutes ago, exile said:

Oh and another thing, I'll be interested to see if it attempts to explain why the SNP surged after the 2014 referendum but not the 1979 one. I don't think anyone has ever explained that. People just seem to assume, 'obviously' after the failure of 79, support dipped, whereas equally 'obviously' after the failure of 2014, support surged.

My opinion would be that people saw the 2014 referendum as the SNP's, whereas the 79 referendum was Labour's.

30 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

My opinion would be that people saw the 2014 referendum as the SNP's, whereas the 79 referendum was Labour's.

Indeed, and Labour's vote in Scotland increased by 20% at the 1979 General Election to 1.2 million where it roughly remained until 2001, the main exception being 1983 where the SDP skewed all the trends.