Droid Box - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be have  regular problems with my TV box. About every month it becomes a brick. It'll boot up, but Kodi/wookie crashes on load, even my browser doesn't work. 

Sometimes clearing Kodi cache fixes it, but the majority of times I need to factory reset/reinstall firmware and Wookies. 

This is a pain coz It's just so unreliable and each time you use it you don't know if it'll be working. 

It is an EntertainmentBox system, so I'm suspicious that their software is causing the issues. 

Anbody else experience regular unreliability when using Wookies? 

9 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Be have  regular problems with my TV box. About every month it becomes a brick. It'll boot up, but Kodi/wookie crashes on load, even my browser doesn't work. 

Sometimes clearing Kodi cache fixes it, but the majority of times I need to factory reset/reinstall firmware and Wookies. 

This is a pain coz It's just so unreliable and each time you use it you don't know if it'll be working. 

It is an EntertainmentBox system, so I'm suspicious that their software is causing the issues. 

Anbody else experience regular unreliability when using Wookies? 

No, can't say I've ever had any problems.

I've had mine for over a year and it's still working fine. The only thing I ever need to do is periodically udate Wookie.

I have a Fire Stick and I installed both Kodi and Mobdro on it last night - not difficult to do if you have any basic computer skills as there are loads of online articles explaining the process.  Between Zem on Kodi and the various channels on Mobdro, I now appear to be spoiled for choice.  The streams are not as sharp as you'd get receiving the channels directly, but perfectly watchable, even on my 50" plasma.

Am I correct in thinking that the streams seem to improve in quality after you've been watching for a few minutes?  I thought maybe some sort of peer to peer effect that increased bandwidth the longer you were online.

• 2 weeks later...

A few of my friends and family have been using amazon fire sticks/kodi etc for a while but I was never really interested mainly due to issues with buffering/picture quality (example was I went up to my friends house to watch the Scottish Cup Final but ended up watching on my phone using SkyGo for the 1st 10 mins until he found a stream that worked). Cut long story short, after getting fed up paying Sky I got a ZGEMMA H2S box installed last month so I have cancelled the Sky subscription and am now using this box. It's set up just like the Sky EPG and can record 2 programmes at the same time just like Sky (twin tuner). This works through your satellite dish/virgin cable so no streaming/buffering (though box does need wi-fi connection, i am using the wee sky on demand boxes you get). I get full Sky package on it ie sports/movies, also have btsports etc. Also have IPTV which I believe is a streaming service, this has movies, box sets etc, even some Adult recreational channels!! :D. It is taking a wee bit of getting used to but I'm getting there. Cost me £140 for the box with subscription for 12 months. After year it's £25 to renew for another year or £40 if I still want IPTV too. Was paying Sky over £50 per month so in 3 months the box will have paid for itself, I would recommend if you can't be arsed with Android boxes.

5 hours ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

I got a ZGEMMA H2S box 

I also have one of these for Virgin - however I'm having issues with sticking channels, or some just won't work. 

The support I'm getting from my line supplier is not existent so I'm thinking of going with another - even though I've splashed out for a year.

How do you find your reliability? And if good, can you also PM your line supplier so I can see if I can get one from there to.

Incidentally: My mate's T8 Droidbox also has the same issues which I have - can anybody tell me a more reliable (cheap) one? I would be using Ethernet connection, so not wanting a Firestick.

2 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I also have one of these for Virgin - however I'm having issues with sticking channels, or some just won't work. 

The support I'm getting from my line supplier is not existent so I'm thinking of going with another - even though I've splashed out for a year.

How do you find your reliability? And if good, can you also PM your line supplier so I can see if I can get one from there to.

Incidentally: My mate's T8 Droidbox also has the same issues which I have - can anybody tell me a more reliable (cheap) one? I would be using Ethernet connection, so not wanting a Firestick.

I would say for the most part the reliability has been very good, a couple of instances when it has been a wee bit glitchy ie screen freezes for a few secs then resumes, you can notice that on recordings. I also had an issue when trying to watch the Liverpool v Man U game on Tuesday but after i put the box on deep standby and restarted it was fine. I will PM you my supplier details.

On 10/7/2016 at 8:19 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Exodus is best for movies and 'series'. Zem TV seems best for football but I would welcome any other suggestions.

I am pretty new to Fire stick/Kodi but I downloaded Exodus and it's great for movies. For football, I got Sportsmania and the quality of the picture is pretty close to my Sky HD. Sportsmania is subscription and I just paid £6 for a week to try it out. You can get a year for £50, or 6 months for £26, a month for £12.

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2016 at 3:03 PM, dipped flake said:

I am pretty new to Fire stick/Kodi but I downloaded Exodus and it's great for movies. For football, I got Sportsmania and the quality of the picture is pretty close to my Sky HD. Sportsmania is subscription and I just paid £6 for a week to try it out. You can get a year for £50, or 6 months for £26, a month for £12.

Do you get 3pm Saturday matches on Sportsmania - or just regular BTSport, Sky etc etc ?

mate has a bar in South Africa and telling him he should stream some of the scottish matches 

Edited by euan2020

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

Do you get 3pm Saturday matches on Sportsmania - or just regular BTSport, Sky etc etc ?

mate has a bar in South Africa and telling him he should stream some of the scottish matches 

You get a lot more than sky and btw, but of course it depends on what games foreign channels are you showing. You would normally get a choice of English games at 3pm and you would usually get Celtic and rangers games then too

• 4 weeks later...