Three Young Good Looking Muslims Shot In The Head By Ugly Atheist - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Three Young Good Looking Muslims Shot In The Head By Ugly Atheist

v3-chapel-hill-victims-5.jpg

The story of 3 young muslims being gunned down (execution style) by a self-professed atheist in North Carolina yesterday was being discussed on a mainstream radio program while I was driving home.

The 2 main points were...

1. Why isn't this story getting the media coverage that it undoubtedly would had it been the other way round? And...

2. Is this terrorism?

craig-stephen-hicks.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1, It's America, people get shot and killed every hour.

2, Definitely not, looks like another fruit loop has lost the plot over a parking space. Probably not even racist.

Good looking Muslims is incredibly debatable, but entirely irrelevant.

1, It's America, people get shot and killed every hour.

What would the story be if it were a muslim that did the killing (in America)? Would it get the same coverage?

2, Definitely not, looks like another fruit loop has lost the plot over a parking space. Probably not even racist.

So three muslims murdered over one parking spot? (Really?) By a self-professed atheist who hated religion? And probably not racist?

Good looking Muslims is incredibly debatable, but entirely irrelevant.

Young, happy, respectable, just married, working towards being dentists, volunteers at a charity, and murdered in cold blood.

If they were Americans slain by a muslim it'd lead on the News.

flipping staggering.

So many Americans are brainwashed and bribed when it comes to their gun 'laws'

I'd fall out daily with the idiots here over it but after a while just gave up. They are the only people on earth who can't see what the problem is. They really do believe that their "right as free Americans" entitles them to go blasting anything that moves!

How weird of a self proclaimed Christian to use physical looks as a defining characteristic in a murder of any type. It suggests value on people looking pretty by society standards, and lack of value when they are not ahered to, again by societys standard.

That's a pretty ugly value system and one I doubt any practicing Christian would endorse - sometimes I think you lose any sense of the teachings of your god when you try to force a point that isn't there.

I do however agree that American media would have made a far greater deal out of a similar act of violence carried out by a Muslim.

Just a shame you chose to frame your poist in the way you did!

TT

Just a shame you chose to frame your poist in the way you did!

I chose a silly 'tabloid style' approach to the title to get folk curious about the thread.

(Satanists murder people, and muslims murder people, and atheists murder people, but NO ONE is worse that those Christians who take it on the chin.)

'Good looking' is a compliment.

The first person to reply disagreed (and I'm the baddie). lol

How weird of a self proclaimed Christian to use physical looks as a defining characteristic in a murder of any type. It suggests value on people looking pretty by society standards, and lack of value when they are not ahered to, again by societys standard.

That's a pretty ugly value system and one I doubt any practicing Christian would endorse - sometimes I think you lose any sense of the teachings of your god when you try to force a point that isn't there.

You conveniently forgot 'young' and 'muslim'.

The whole point of my adjectives was the contrast between the murderer and the victims.

I do however agree that American media would have made a far greater deal out of a similar act of violence carried out by a Muslim.

Of course they would have!

I chose a silly 'tabloid style' approach to the title to get folk curious about the thread.

(Satanists murder people, and muslims murder people, and atheists murder people, but NO ONE is worse that those Christians who take it on the chin.)

'Good looking' is a compliment.

The first person to reply disagreed (and I'm the baddie). lol

The whole point of my adjectives was the contrast between the murderer and the victims.

Of course they would have!

looks like you are transparently trying to construct an argument that atheism is another kind of 'theism' and draw the conclusion religious belief is somehow morally equivalent.

crimes against humanity are not conducted in the name of atheism. One nut with a gun doesnt change that. Terrible crimes are regularly carried out in the name of religion and justified by theology. Religious believers believe they are doing gods work. Religion is a special kind of evil and one brand is no different from another.

God commits genocide in the bible, its not in the atheist mindset.

I didn't.

I was making a point about someone using superficial appearance as denoters of good and bad. Good looking being a positive and ugly being a negative and this being an odd choice from someone who is outspokenly Chrisitan. I thought that it lacked true Christian values to be so considerate of looks as western society defines.

I was surprised because of that, and that alone.

As to the other questions, it doesn't get as much media coverage because America is fixated on the 'evils of Islam', whereas anyone with a brain understands that Islam is a religion peacefully observed by almost all who identify themseves as Muslim - and those who use it to justify violence are probably far less than those who use other religions to justify their agression.

Is a senseless murder over what appears to be a parking dispute terrorism. I would say no. Was it racially motivated, I have no idea. Was it religiously motivated, I have no idea.

Terrorism as a term is pretty much defined by the victims - the US would say 9/11 was an act of terrorism but the bombing of Baghdad not. I would imagine the resisdents of Baghdad who lost family members, kids, grandparents etc in an unprovoked attack, would probably have no difficulty in defining the senseless killing of their loved ones as an act of terrorism - and done, as all US attacks are, 'with trust in God'.

TT

We have daily media coverage about the wars in The Middle East,Africa , Afghanistan and now Ukraine.In terms of casualties i have never understood why there is no mention of the war in America in the last few decades?.I cant remember the figures but toward the close of the "Iraq War" there were more people being killed in the states even if you take the adjustment of population size .

Just an observation.

What would the story be if it were a muslim that did the killing (in America)? Would it get the same coverage?

So three muslims murdered over one parking spot? (Really?) By a self-professed atheist who hated religion? And probably not racist?

Young, happy, respectable, just married, working towards being dentists, volunteers at a charity, and murdered in cold blood.

If they were Americans slain by a muslim it'd lead on the News.

So you can't be American and Muslim?

I think you're missing scottys point TT.

I took his reference to them being "young good looking Muslims" as a satirical reference to how the crime would be reported if it was a Muslim who shot the prom queen.

Did he shoot them because of their religion? if not it has feck all to do with the story

Edited by Nobby

I read Galloway's car was attacked by members of the audience as it was leaving the venue. Was it even reported?

Considering he has been physically attacked three times now and is 27 years an MP and a sitting one, what the BBC did was incitement to violence while putting him in a physically vulnerable position. It is incredible really but after the referendum not that much of a shock anymore.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/11/george-galloway-attacker-jailed-respect-mp

Masterson, from Kensington, west London, who used to work for the Department for Work and Pensions and as a manager at the BBC, had previously admitted assaulting Galloway and common assault on a man who had been posing for a picture with the MP when the attack happened.

If I was George I'd maybe be giving the BBC a body swerve in future, too dangerous. And I say that as someone who loathes him with a passion.

The assailant was wearing an Israeli military T-shirt when he was arrested by police officials nearby.

Commenting on the Thursday verdict, Galloway said if the court had not dropped the religiously aggravated part of the charges against Masterson, the jail sentence would have been considerably higher.

“It was no doubt it was religiously motivated. This man, Masterson, was a converted Jew who attacked me because he said I was a mouthpiece for Muslims,” Galloway told Press TV.

“He attacked me for explicitly political reasons, if a Muslim had attacked a pro-Israel MP, it would have been called what it was an attack of terrorism,” Galloway added.

The British lawmaker also criticized Prime Minister David Cameron and senior parliament officials for refusing to publically condemn the attack.

This is while the court also heard that after Masterson will be released from prison, he will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Israel from an unknown sponsor.

The attack on Galloway is believed to have been connected to his remarks censuring the Israeli regime for the atrocities it committed in its latest 50-day military onslaught on the besieged Gaza Strip.

Hard to argue with what he says had it been the other way around that guy would be getting crucified instead of getting off with 16 months and free holiday. I imagine he will do very well out of it.

Edited by thplinth

Were they not Americans too? :unsure:

Yes, they were American muslims.

So you can't be American and Muslim?

They absolutely can be.

I think you're missing scottys point TT.

I took his reference to them being "young good looking Muslims" as a satirical reference to how the crime would be reported if it was a Muslim who shot the prom queen.

Got it in one.

Did he shoot them because of their religion?

I believe he did.

I also believe that he wouldn't have murdered 3 white atheists over a parking spot.