Three Young Good Looking Muslims Shot In The Head By Ugly Atheist - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Three Young Good Looking Muslims Shot In The Head By Ugly Atheist

looks like you are transparently trying to construct an argument that atheism is another kind of 'theism'...

It is a belief system where you, unanswerable to anyone, foolishly become your own god.

Religion is a special kind of evil and one brand is no different from another.

Not bad.

God commits genocide in the bible, its not in the atheist mindset.

Someone forgot to tell Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he did.

I also believe that he wouldn't have murdered 3 white atheists over a parking spot.

So a bloke who has no religion shoots someone because they have a religion ? doesnt make a lot of sense to me . According to the wife of the bloke that did it it wasnt anything to do with religion. Maybe just maybe he was a gun crazed loon. America seems to have more than their fair share !!

Someone who hated religion murdered 3 muslims.

It's not like she'll be going on the stand.

Someone who hated religion murdered 3 muslims.

It's not like she'll be going on the stand.

Atheists don't hate religion they don't believe in a deity. In fact a committed atheist should value life above all else as presumably they believe when it's over it's over.

Atheists don't hate religion?Ehhh have any of you been reading the TAMB this last decade or pretty much anything else about religion of late.

Yes some clearly do. This is what is so funny, we replaced those insufferable intolerant religious types with errrm well some really really intolerant and unpleasant atheist types.

So intolerant it is either their (no)faith or 'you are a loony'.

And Christians murder people.

That's like saying vegetarians eat meat.

Atheists don't hate religion...

I'm quite sure they do. (I know I do.)

...they don't believe in a deity.

And how would that prevent them from hating those that do?

In fact a committed atheist should value life above all else as presumably they believe when it's over it's over.

What if the atheist doesn't care about other folk?

I mean, look around... Most folk look out for number one.

Atheists don't hate religion?Ehhh have any of you been reading the TAMB this last decade or pretty much anything else about religion of late.

Yes some clearly do. This is what is so funny, we replaced those insufferable intolerant religious types with errrm well some really really intolerant and unpleasant atheist types.

So intolerant it is either their (no)faith or 'you are a loony'.

I can't speak for all atheists and speaking as an agnostic I have no issue with people believing whatever they want. I dislike most organised religion but try to hate as little as possible but you don't tend to get atheists killing people and blowing themselves up because of their lack of a belief in a deity and I include all organised religions in that statement ( Jedi and pastafarian excepted)

That's like saying vegetarians eat meat.

I'm quite sure they do. (I know I do.)

And how would that prevent them from hating those that do?

What if the atheist doesn't care about other folk?

I mean, look around... Most folk look out for number one.

An atheist that doesn't care about other folk is an arsehole just like a catholic or Muslim or Jew that doesn't care about other folk. The world is full of hypocritical arseholes, personally I believe they are concentrated in the major religions on the planet ;-) (and politicians)

I can't speak for all atheists and speaking as an agnostic I have no issue with people believing whatever they want. I dislike most organised religion but try to hate as little as possible but you don't tend to get atheists killing people and blowing themselves up because of their lack of a belief in a deity and I include all organised religions in that statement ( Jedi and pastafarian excepted)

Stalin, Pot, and Mao are probably the biggest mass murdering atheists in history.

They didn't believe that they would ever be held accountable for their actions in this life or the next, so what's to stop them?

(The suicide bombers tend to be muslim extremists and believe that their martyrdom will be rewarded in a 'heaven'.)

Jeffery Dammer saying that he didn't feel accountable as an evolution believing atheist...

So Musilms can murder people but Christians can't?

If a vegetarian eats meat then how could they say that they are vegetarian?

If a Bible-believing Christian were to murder someone in cold blood then how would they be able to say that they are a Bible-believing Christian?

all this fighting over who has the best imaginary friend... believe what you want, just don't expect others to bow down when you try forcing it on them...

I'm not forcing anything on anybody.

I merely present the Word.

Take it or leave it.

Either way... For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. 11For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD." 12So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. (Romans 14)

If a Bible-believing Christian were to murder someone in cold blood then how would they be able to say that they are a Bible-believing Christian?

Do you eat bacon? Not a christian then

Leviticus 11:8 reads "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses

Do you have a tattoo, or earing? Not a chrstian then

Leviticus 19:28 reads, "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves

Wear modern clothes? Grow more than one crop? Probably not a christian then

Leviticus 19:19 reads, "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

Dress normally? Probably not a christian then

Leviticus 10:6 reads “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.

The bible is utter shyte for those desperate for something to believe in.

I believe in birth, life, then death. Thats it, theres nothing more.

Leviticus 11:8 reads "You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses

Leviticus 19:28 reads, "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves

Leviticus 19:19 reads, "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

Leviticus 10:6 reads Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.

And sausage rolls mind.

Stalin, Pot, and Mao are probably the biggest mass murdering atheists in history.

They didn't believe that they would ever be held accountable for their actions in this life or the next, so what's to stop them?

(The suicide bombers tend to be muslim extremists and believe that their martyrdom will be rewarded in a 'heaven'.)

Jeffery Dammer saying that he didn't feel accountable as an evolution believing atheist...

I never said atheists can't be arseholes, I am also aware that most suicide bombers tend to be Muslim. Like I said I try to hate as little as possible in this life of mine but what I do hate is bullies and personally I see most religions ultimately in that light. Yours included. You will tell people that unless they subscribe to what you believe they are going to hell. Correct me if I'm wrong but the three Muslims who were shot are in hell according to your belief ? You also believe that gay people go to hell, yes or no ? Scotty I believe you are a good person with good intentions but we all know what road they pave ;-)

Leviticus 10:6 reads Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.

"There's nothing more" not even Donny, thplinth, phart , wibble , bzzzz,

Scotty or parklife can answer that one !!!!!! We'll all find out soon enough ;-)

Edited by Nobby

Scotty or parklife can answer that one !!!!!! We'll all find out soon enough ;-)

Jeez, even I can answer that one.

That's the OLD testament. Jesus came and rewrote the rules.

For example - he replaced "An eye for an eye" (OT) with "Turn the other cheek" (NT).

See - all bases covered. Simples.

Jeez, even I can answer that one.

That's the OLD testament. Jesus came and rewrote the rules.

For example - he replaced "An eye for an eye" (OT) with "Turn the other cheek" (NT).

See - all bases covered. Simples.

Read "good omens" by terry pratchett and neil Gaiman. If there's one book that should be found after we've nearly wiped ourselves out it should be that one !!

If a vegetarian eats meat then how could they say that they are vegetarian?

No True Scotsman Fallacy

Explanation

The no true scotsman fallacy is a way of reinterpreting evidence in order to prevent the refutation of ones position. Proposed counter-examples to a theory are dismissed as irrelevant solely because they are counter-examples, but purportedly because they are not what the theory is about.

Example

The No True Scotsman fallacy involves discounting evidence that would refute a proposition, concluding that it hasnt been falsified when in fact it has.

If Angus, a Glaswegian, who puts sugar on his porridge, is proposed as a counter-example to the claim No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge, the No true Scotsman fallacy would run as follows:

(1) Angus puts sugar on his porridge.

(2) No (true) Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.

Therefore:

(3) Angus is not a (true) Scotsman.

Therefore:

(4) Angus is not a counter-example to the claim that no Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.

This fallacy is a form of circular argument, with an existing belief being assumed to be true in order to dismiss any apparent counter-examples to it. The existing belief thus becomes unfalsifiable.

Real-World Examples

An argument similar to this is often arises when people attempt to define religious groups. In some Christian groups, for example, there is an idea that faith is permanent, that once one becomes a Christian one cannot fall away. Apparent counter-examples to this idea, people who appear to have faith but subsequently lose it, are written off using the No True Scotsman fallacy: they didnt really have faith, they werent true Christians. The claim that faith cannot be lost is thus preserved from refutation. Given such an approach, this claim is unfalsifiable, there is no possible refutation of it.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/no-true-scotsman/

Edited by neilser

Leviticus 10:6 reads “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.

Mosaic/Levitical Law was for the nation of Israel (the Jews) only.

Christians aren't under the Law, they are under Grace. (Romans 10:4)

Like I said I try to hate as little as possible in this life of mine but what I do hate is bullies and personally I see most religions ultimately in that light. Yours included.

I don't have a religion and I've never seen a bully at my church (and we have ex-Satan's Choice and ex-Hell's Angels who attend).

You will tell people that unless they subscribe to what you believe they are going to hell.

Not quite.

What I believe isn't the point.

It's what the Truth really is is what matters.

I tell people about the Truth of Jesus Christ.

That Truth answers who and why we are.

Now, I know that that Truth isn't at all popular to an unrepentant heart, but it's the most loving thing that a person can ever hear.

Can a person reject the Truth? Yes. Freewill allows that, but i just want to make absolutely sure that folk understand what they are rejecting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the three Muslims who were shot are in hell according to your belief ?

Thankfully I'm not the Judge.

I don't know their hearts.

That's for God to determine.

However, could an unrepentant person who has rejected Jesus as Saviour go to heaven? No

You also believe that gay people go to hell, yes or no ?

No, I don't believe that.

You have to separate the sinner from the sin.

I believe that one half of one sin is enough to keep a person from spending eternity with God.

We are all sinners who need a Saviour and if Jesus is your 'sin-bearer' then the Father will see His blood (righteousness) upon you and deem you 'guiltless'.

Scotty I believe you are a good person with good intentions but we all know what road they pave ;-)

I'm not good. I am saved, but being flawed, I continue to sin.

"but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

No True Scotsman Fallacy

Explanation

The no true scotsman fallacy is a way of reinterpreting evidence in order to prevent the refutation of ones position. Proposed counter-examples to a theory are dismissed as irrelevant solely because they are counter-examples, but purportedly because they are not what the theory is about.

Example

The No True Scotsman fallacy involves discounting evidence that would refute a proposition, concluding that it hasnt been falsified when in fact it has.

If Angus, a Glaswegian, who puts sugar on his porridge, is proposed as a counter-example to the claim No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge, the No true Scotsman fallacy would run as follows:

(1) Angus puts sugar on his porridge.

(2) No (true) Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.

Therefore:

(3) Angus is not a (true) Scotsman.

Therefore:

(4) Angus is not a counter-example to the claim that no Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.

This fallacy is a form of circular argument, with an existing belief being assumed to be true in order to dismiss any apparent counter-examples to it. The existing belief thus becomes unfalsifiable.

Real-World Examples

An argument similar to this is often arises when people attempt to define religious groups. In some Christian groups, for example, there is an idea that faith is permanent, that once one becomes a Christian one cannot fall away. Apparent counter-examples to this idea, people who appear to have faith but subsequently lose it, are written off using the No True Scotsman fallacy: they didnt really have faith, they werent true Christians. The claim that faith cannot be lost is thus preserved from refutation. Given such an approach, this claim is unfalsifiable, there is no possible refutation of it.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/no-true-scotsman/

That's all well and good, however we're talking about an all-knowing God Who'll be able to accurately determine a person's heart without error.

From my humble position a Bible-believing Christian should be attempting to live their lives as God would want them to.

A Bible-believing Christian (although as flawed as the next person) would struggle (naturally) but would do their best to stay on the path and hopefully (gradually) better themselves.

I can't get my head around a Bible-believing Christian planning and carrying out a murder (for example).

If they really had a relationship with God then there's no way that would happen.