Wearing A Kilt - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Been asked if I can wear mine to cultural event that my company is organizing next month. The event itself will be more fun than formal so I won't be wearing my shirt and jacket. I also don't want to turn up in a tshirt or a Scotland top as I'll be talking with potential clients. Any thoughts on what to wear up top that looks fairly casual but smart?

Cheers.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to a family wedding in Cape Town in a few weeks and I will be wearing Kilt brogues, black hose with flashes and skean dhu, MacGregor kilt (only because I like the tartan) kilt pin, belt and black dress shirt. For a formal event in cooler climates I would add in the waistcoat, dress jacket and cravat on top.

Wear a thin jumper. Obviously not a tacky flashy thing. Just a nice plain coloured round neck jumper with it. Not too fancy but not too shabby either. With the wearing of a jumper it saves you wearing those pain in the erse kilt belts also.

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article3797681.ece/alternates/s927b/kilts.png

This?

Personally I find kilt and black or white ghillie shirt really good looking.

P. S if you look anything like guy above I'd happily peruse pictures of you in different outfits and give you my honest opinion. Better start from inner wear out.

Threads nae use without pictures rule I think.

Edited by G-Man

Why the feck would anyone in any position of authority come on this board and ask such a bone question.

Who gives a feck about your arselicking pseudo barbecue.

If you don't know what wear with the kilt and be comfortable don't ####in wear it.

Yaninglishkunt

Why the feck would anyone in any position of authority come on this board and ask such a bone question.

Who gives a feck about your arselicking pseudo barbecue.

If you don't know what wear with the kilt and be comfortable don't ####in wear it.

Yaninglishkunt

bubble filled with "hic"