Transferring Music From An Imac To New Iphone - Technical Support - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transferring Music From An Imac To New Iphone

Charlie Endell

I've just purchased an iMac and currently in the process of getting used to it - being techno-phobic will all the music in My Music (all my iTunes purchases) automatically transfer to a new iPhone when I sync it? I'm just a bit concerned as some of the albums were purchased quite a while ago (although I can play them all on the Mac) - most of the tracks seem to have the wee cloud symbol beside them?? The other option is to use senuti to transfer all the music from my current iPhone to my iMac then transfer from the iMac to my new iPhone (which I have yet to purchase).

Edited by Charlie Endell

• 5 months later...
I just found one of the software I used to use to do this. It's called, "iTools". And it's free. I just transferred an album of music to the iPhone with it. The problem is, the mp3 tag information did not transfer along with. So the artist names do not show, and the songs don't get properly categorized. If this exists, there must be something better out there that will transfer both the songs and their id3 tags from Mac to iPhone.

Guest BlueGaz

You can set itunes to sync all your music to your phone, or, set it to manual and just tick the albums/songs you want it to sync. i did about 80 gbs to new phone last week and took about an hour, so should be fairly quick with 27 albums and easy. No need to use any tools available, once on the mac everything is easy, good choice.

Edited by BlueGaz