What's Going On At Kiltwalk - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's Going On At Kiltwalk

Broon2

Thought of travelling up to do a kilt walk, but decided to do my own walk. Got put off by the minimum figure to raise.

Hope that they have been misreprensented

On the subject of travel ect. Some of the charities I'm raising for actively sugguested taking money from sponsorship to cover my costs. Which I obviously declined.

Thought of travelling up to do a kilt walk, but decided to do my own walk. Got put off by the minimum figure to raise.

Hope that they have been misreprensented

On the subject of travel etc. Some of the charities I'm raising for actively sugguested taking money from sponsorship to cover my costs. Which I obviously declined.

Goodman Scotty, where are you based?

• 2 weeks later...

Over several years, I have heard several people openly voice concerns over accountability regarding Tartan Army related charitable activities that Carey McEvoy was involved with and would have nothing to do with it. I don't know all the details but maybe they might have had some reasoning?

Over several years, I have heard several people openly voice concerns over accountability regarding Tartan Army related charitable activities that Carey McEvoy was involved with and would have nothing to do with it. I don't know all the details but maybe they might have had some reasoning?

no smoke without fire?

I think there needs to be an enquiry. Innocent until proven guilty. But I understand no laws have been broken as there is no legislation that a charity must pass on x% to the the good causes. Surely this must be reviewed in light of these revelations, < 50% of funds raised going to the good causes.

no smoke without fire?

I think there needs to be an enquiry. Innocent until proven guilty. But I understand no laws have been broken as there is no legislation that a charity must pass on x% to the the good causes. Surely this must be reviewed in light of these revelations, < 50% of funds raised going to the good causes.

Even if there isnt legislation to say x amount must be handed over to the charity, less than 50% is a truly shocking figure. Part of me considered withdrawing from it. I had started to badger folk for money, not in a bad way, just being a bit more bold in my approach. As far as i knew it was all going to the charity, so the more money i raised, the better it would be for the charities. Thought i was doing it in good faith, not lining the pockets of the kiltwalk.

• 1 month later...

For those who were questioning costs and percentage of money donated to Childrens charities then please read the full report above. I have no doubt that with the backing of The Hunter Foundation we will flourish and go on to return every pound raised to the people who need it most.