Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 201 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

It's always amusing when fans of one club have a go at fans of other clubs for not doing enough to save or invest in their club.

None of us have a say in what happens to our clubs because we don't own them. If the owner of Aberdeen (I assume it's still stewart Milne) wanted to close them down tomorrow, he could. There is nothing that Aberdeen fans could do to stop it. The same applies to all clubs in Scotland. It's a ridiculous argument for any fan to criticise another set of fans for.

It's always amusing when fans of one club have a go at fans of other clubs for not doing enough to save or invest in their club.

None of us have a say in what happens to our clubs because we don't own them. If the owner of Aberdeen (I assume it's still stewart Milne) wanted to close them down tomorrow, he could. There is nothing that Aberdeen fans could do to stop it. The same applies to all clubs in Scotland. It's a ridiculous argument for any fan to criticise another set of fans for.

It would never happen in South Africa :(

That's not fair, they didn't do 'nothing'. They marched and complained about the BBC for saying that Craig Whyte was dodgy. They helped kill the club.

Oh, they also held up banners once saying 'No to liquidation' in order to stop the club dying.

Give them some credit

"We Deserve Better" was my personal favourite.

Along, of course with 'The Big Hoose Dude' insisting that it remaining open was simply the bottom line.

Credit where it's due.

Edited by neil r

"We Deserve Better" was my personal favourite.

Along, of course with 'The Big Hoose Dude' insisting that it remaining open was simply the bottom line.

Credit where it's due.

The We Deserve Better thing was way before that. Around 2009 in protest to David Murray's board. It started round about the time they accepted a bid for Kris Boyd from Birmingham.

The We Deserve Better thing was way before that. Around 2009 in protest to David Murray's board. It started round about the time they accepted a bid for Kris Boyd from Birmingham.

You are correct.

Well they done fck all then. Apart from the Big Hoose big dude.

And thats the bottom line.

To be fair given the grip that Murray had on the club back then there wasn't a great deal that could be done.

I agree. It was after Whyte left that the fans (including Mr King) could've saved Rangers.

Aberdeen are not and never have been owned by Stewart Milne.

He recently hit an all time in holding 29.9% of the shares which he has stated will not be increased.

Rangers fans not caring about folk not paying tax.

Couldn't make it up.

Think you mean Rangers fan, singular. Since its only one stating this.

Typical generalisation used to try and say all Rangers fanfare the same.

And you can make it up, you did!

Do some of you never get bored of slagging off rangers fans on here.I'm not one myself but feck me.some of you are obsessed. I had a chuckle to myself when they were skint but it really is getting a bit boring. Being a fan of a shite and skint team I don't feel any better that other teams are in the shit.

Do some of you never get bored of slagging off rangers fans on here.I'm not one myself but feck me.some of you are obsessed. I had a chuckle to myself when they were skint but it really is getting a bit boring. Being a fan of a shite and skint team I don't feel any better that other teams are in the shit.

I'll never tire of it. If there was ever a collective group that deserves all this shite that's happened in the past few years then it's them.

F*ck them.

Aberdeen are not and never have been owned by Stewart Milne.

He recently hit an all time in holding 29.9% of the shares which he has stated will not be increased.

Em every shareholder owns the company they have shares in so he does own them...just not a majority stake.

Anyway that is not the point behind my post.

Edited by bruce778

I agree. It was after Whyte left that the fans (including Mr King) could've saved Rangers.

Do you mean after the oldco went into liquidation or before?

If you mean before, I fail to see what could have been don't. You can't compel someone to sell you shares.

If you mean after, in theory, I agree rangers fans should have been able to raise £6.5m to buy the club and assets, however that ignores the surrounding circumstances of the time, including that the administrator appeared intent on selling to Charles green. People seem to forget rangers fans we're doing crazy things around that time like paying debts of oldco - a generous gesture but not really assistant of the club in the long term.

Edited by bruce778

Em every shareholder owns the company they have shares in so he does own them...just not a majority stake.

Anyway that is not the point behind my post.

So can a shareholder with 1 share shut a club down then?

What was your point if it wasn't that you mistakenly thought that Stewart Milne owned AFC either in entirety or as a majority shareholder?

So can a shareholder with 1 share shut a club down then?

What was your point if it wasn't that you mistakenly thought that Stewart Milne owned AFC either in entirety or as a majority shareholder?

Jesus talk about missing the point. I couldn't care less about who owns what stake in Aberdeen.

The point is as long as fans of any club don't own 51% of the company running their football team then they are at the mercy of the majority owners and there's very little realistically can be done to avoid an insolvency event.

Jesus talk about missing the point. I couldn't care less about who owns what stake in Aberdeen.

The point is as long as fans of any club don't own 51% of the company running their football team then they are at the mercy of the majority owners and there's very little realistically can be done to avoid an insolvency event.

You could have made that clear in your first post.

Been owned by 51% or more by fans is no guarantee of avoiding insolvency either especially if a club was run by fans like fans if you get my drift - i.e .the "spend some fecking money" types that are still in evidence at all clubs.

Being run sensibly is the way forward whether that be a sole owner, a consortium or thousands of fans (who will in effect not all have an individual say in every decision anyway).

I know someone who was involved a club who have suffered from Administration and their take on things were that there should be a Governance Officer/Team in Scottish football with the right to demand to see that all wages, taxes and bills are being paid and that there is no emerging concerning financial behaviour. Whether clubs would allow that sort of access of course is another question.

Just for that:

Ha.

I remember that game.

Not sure if it was the end of the Mcleish era or beginning of the Harri Kampman era?

Was a truly awful performance from us, one of only 2 occasions I've sat in the davie cooper stand, the other was the Mypa-47 game.

I'm not superstitious, but I'm not sitting in there again!

:lol:

I'll never tire of it. If there was ever a collective group that deserves all this shite that's happened in the past few years then it's them.

F*ck them.

So by your logic all Celtic fans are bawbags, since you are one?

I really hope you're just a 14 year old spotty Herbert because if you are an adult then I really do despair for this country.

Please never have children because you'd only be pissing in the gene pool.

Would we deserve the road side bombs you're so keen on?

You tell me. Do you parade around the streets in a funny uniform declaring your hatred for folk of a different religion?

So by your logic all Celtic fans are bawbags, since you are one?

I really hope you're just a 14 year old spotty Herbert because if you are an adult then I really do despair for this country.

Please never have children because you'd only be pissing in the gene pool.

You want to start bringing my children into a football debate? I'd saw that makes you the bawbag.

Edited by At U Peter

People seem to forget rangers fans we're doing crazy things around that time like paying debts of oldco - a generous gesture but not really assistant of the club in the long term.

Wasn't it a requirement by the SFA of the new club getting a licence that they paid all football debts of the dead club?