Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 224 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

No it's not genius, it's just another form of censorship, mind when we were trying to talk about crop circles or some other interesting phenomenon and threads got locked by mods or Brant creating "safe threads" where we were meant to post about stuff in designated zones etc. It'sd the same except they can be more overtly hostile as it's being done anonymously, please see online disinhibition effect.

You either support minority speech or you don't The action of greeeting when you agree and cheerleading when you don't is typical of partisans, see any old-firm game or democrat/republican presidencies for numerous examples.

EDIT: I see people had problems reading and understanding this, falling into a habit of blaming the writer as opposed to the reader leaves no room for improvement in reading skills. Turn that round, practice a bit, and you'll be surprised reading all these different writng "voices," you just get better at reading.

Don't disagree but the whole board has gone to the dogs so I am passed caring I think. It is so bad there is no one around to start a "The Tamb has gone to the dogs" thread. Been ages sionce one of them, that is how bad it is.

Anyway I was more marvelling at how the feck Scunnered can write c0mpadre but when I quote it it is arsepiece. That is (admittedly evil) genius. Unless they changed it in between our posts...

He called himself it arsepiece :ok:

Right I quote it again and it does not change. They are playing with our minds. :-)) Nice work.

edit; hmmm when I quote it it is c0mpadre but when I post it it is arsepiece.

edit 2: comrade

edit 3 ahhh so to get c0mpadre you post c0mrade

edit 4 which then changes to arsepiece again when you edit the post.

This is dangerous the board could slip into a singularity and suck in the whole universe.

Edited by thplinth

We are amused.

We (collectively) have no idea what phart is on about. We readily admit that is a reader problem.

We are here to have a bit of chat, debate, a laugh - all of that stuff.

We, occassionally feel that sometimes someone goes too far, or is just here to antagonise, so we feel we have to take action. While there are guidelines that we all try to work to, each Mod and Admin is free to moderate in their own style.

We absolutely have no intention of "censoring" or "controllng" or any other proposed conspiracy.

We don't spend too much time worrying about crossing the Is and dotting the Ts - about whether our whole moderating strategy lines up and is completely consistent. Way too much effort.

We don't get it right always. We shrug and move on.

The Board has been going to the dogs since the day and hour it was launched. We get that comment regularly. And yet, it still seems popular.

The swear filter thing is good fun and gives us endless hours of pleasure.

We really, really don't want to spend all of our time intervening. So we don't. That might appear to give rise to inconsistency - but Lo! Here is our fock garden, and we do not have a fock to give.

Enjoy the board, be nice to people, don't dish out personal abuse and youd hardly know we were here. At the end of the day - other discussion boards are available.

What makes you so sure numero 11 is a bloke. mod11 is the best mod by far. that has been true for as long as I have posted on here. mod18 (not been seen in a while, phew) on the other end of the scale literally had no sense of humour, like none, you'd think that was impossible, but it isn't.

But anyway no s/he did not. You pretty much did.

You are a bit annoyed they are making life difficult for you but then again maybe they should... are you just another honest punter on here scunnered?

Lots of verifiable stories about people paid to spam message boards with this message or that... you very much look like a candidate for that. I am suspicious of you myself, big time. No offense if you are an innocent punter.

edit: haha now i am off to report you for personal abuse. this is genius work by the mods.

Erm... None taken :unsure:.

But yes, I'm annoyed at the mods behaviour as you would be if it were directed at yourself.

We are amused.

We (collectively) have no idea what phart is on about. We readily admit that is a reader problem.

We are here to have a bit of chat, debate, a laugh - all of that stuff.

We, occassionally feel that sometimes someone goes too far, or is just here to antagonise, so we feel we have to take action. While there are guidelines that we all try to work to, each Mod and Admin is free to moderate in their own style.

We absolutely have no intention of "censoring" or "controllng" or any other proposed conspiracy.

We don't spend too much time worrying about crossing the Is and dotting the Ts - about whether our whole moderating strategy lines up and is completely consistent. Way too much effort.

We don't get it right always. We shrug and move on.

The Board has been going to the dogs since the day and hour it was launched. We get that comment regularly. And yet, it still seems popular.

The swear filter thing is good fun and gives us endless hours of pleasure.

We really, really don't want to spend all of our time intervening. So we don't. That might appear to give rise to inconsistency - but Lo! Here is our flip garden, and we do not have a flip to give.

Enjoy the board, be nice to people, don't dish out personal abuse and youd hardly know we were here. At the end of the day - other discussion boards are available.

Personally I think you're bully's. Ho hum.

Erm... None taken :unsure:.

But yes, I'm annoyed at the mods behaviour as you would be if it were directed at yourself.

You're just jealous you never got a(nother) name-check from the mods. When i speak they come. They might not like it, but they are compelled. For the natural "pack" hierarchy cannot be denied.

Edited by phart

You're just jealous you never got a(nother) name-check from the mods. When i speak they come. They might not like it, but they are compelled. For the natural "pack" hierarchy cannot be denied.

Thank the Lord you're so modest, otherwise we'd all think you perfect. ?

They may be anonymous on here, but I've no doubt shared a beer, and once merry times with those who have now taken to bullying me. :(. I travel with a group of board members, and we mingle with other board members, the potential discomfort the mods are creating for me at future games probably hasn't even crossed their minds.

Bullied by comrades :(

They may be anonymous on here, but I've no doubt shared a beer, and once merry times with those who have now taken to bullying me. :(. I travel with a group of board members, and we mingle with other board members, the potential discomfort the mods are creating for me at future games probably hasn't even crossed their minds.

Bullied by compadres :(

How do I join this clique?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-is-not-a-new-club-say-fifa.1432466480

WORLD football's ruling body has entered the heated debate over Rangers' status after liquidation by indicating they accept it is not a new club.

In promotional material from FIFA ( Federation Internationale de Football Association) headquarters to promote its weekly magazine, they state: "After their enforced relegation in 2012, Glasgow Rangers are in the hunt for promotion back to Scotland's top flight."

A group of Celtic fans caused controversy when they paid for an advert in a newspaper saying Rangers are a new club.

The advert was a lengthy statement which claims Rangers became a new club following liquidation in 2012.

Those Celtic fans who feel Rangers are a new club, have objected to any commentary that indicates that if successful in the Scottish Championship play-offs, that they will "return" to the top flight.

Rangers Football Club plc, the former operating company, went into administration in February, 2012, after a £9 million PAYE and VAT debt was amassed to the taxman under Craig Whyte's leadership. The oldco renamed RFC 2012 plc is now being liquidated.

The Celtic fans ad said the term The Old Firm was now redundant "following the liquidation of Rangers (1872)" and stated the new club came into being in 2012.

Many diehards will only refer to Rangers as Sevco, the name given to the Charles Green-headed consortium that bought the liquidated assets with a £5.5 million loan in 2012.

In December SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster insisted Rangers are the same club which existed before liquidation.

He said: "In terms of the question about old club, new club, that was settled very much by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission that was put together by the SPL to look at EBT payments at that time.

"The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same.

"It's the same club, absolutely.

"The member club is the entity that participates in our league and we have 42 member clubs."

That commission's decision referred to "the board of directors of Oldco as a company, as distinct from the football management or players of Rangers FC as a club..."

The Advertising Standards Authority in December, 2013, in considering challenges to Rangers' claims as "Scotland's most successful club", supported the view that continuity of history continued.

It has emerged that UEFA confirmed to the ASA that its rules allowed for the recognition of the "sporting continuity" of a club's match record, even if that club's corporate structure had changed.

The European Club Association, the sole independent body recognised by UEFA and FIFA as representing clubs at European level confirmed Rangers remain as members of the organisation in December, 2012 after the transfer of ownership.

In June, 2012, Lord Glennie in considering a decision to uphold a transfer embargo on Rangers referred to "Rangers Football Club plc, a company presently in administration.. .that presently operates Rangers Football Club."'

Two days later the FBI lifted 10 of them :-))