Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 230 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Couple of bookies aren't taking any more dough on Warburton being appointed manager. After McCoist appointing an outsider seems a sensible idea and a slice of luck if they get him.

Big risk though. He's had one job and has been a manager for a sum total of 2 seasons. He seems to have done well at Brentford but I'm not getting my hopes up too much that he's the best thing since sliced bread.....*

*Sorry.

Big risk though. He's had one job and has been a manager for a sum total of 2 seasons. He seems to have done well at Brentford but I'm not getting my hopes up too much that he's the best thing since sliced bread.....*

*Sorry.

:lol::ok:

*Sorry.

It could also be questioned as to how much authority he had at Brentford, due to the unique way the club is run.

If he is appointed do you think he will get enough dough to make the wholemeal changes that are required? If not and Dave king has baked savings into the business plan it will be hard to rise to the occasion and they will be left floundering with the chaff again. One positive though he wont be knocking his pan in whilst the likes of Lee Mcculoch loaf around.

If he is appointed do you think he will get enough dough to make the wholemeal changes that are required? If not and Dave king has baked savings into the business plan it will be hard to rise to the occasion and they will be left floundering with the chaff again. One positive though he wont be knocking his pan in whilst the likes of Lee Mcculoch loaf around.

That's just plain wrong! You knead to try harder.

He needs to earn a crust somewhere.

Well maybe the crisis is over. Dave King has just said the club may need to over -invest to get up into the premiership.

so thats good news - its not like they have done that already for the past 3 ....oh wait.....

I genuinely think it hilarious that so many Rangers fans lapped up all the shite King spouted and welcomed him like some kind of saviour/hero.

"The arrangement cannot be working for Sports Direct," King said. "Rangers have gone from a period where they were selling 500,000 shirts to selling about 50,000."

Half a million shirts - that's some going. What year was this?

I can't remember hearing much about it, which is amazing under the circumstances!

Ach getting engaged and all that pish so a temporary change in priorities.

/quote]

Congratulations!

Isn't Mrs Wolf a Motherwell fan.........?!

Did she enjoy the playoffs?

What's your thoughts, Eddard?

I think he is playing it pretty cautiously. He has only been in the role a few weeks. Management appointment is key in terms of planning and investment in the squad.Hopefully we will see a difference in approach to squad building. King is right though, fans need to get behind the club with ST purchases but he has also committed to plugging any funding gap.

I think he is playing it pretty cautiously. He has only been in the role a few weeks. Management appointment is key in terms of planning and investment in the squad.Hopefully we will see a difference in approach to squad building. King is right though, fans need to get behind the club with ST purchases but he has also committed to plugging any funding gap.

Are you not concerned that King keeps telling lies and has invested very little money (in comparison to what he claimed he would)?

Are you not concerned that King keeps telling lies and has invested very little money (in comparison to what he claimed he would)?

Ask me that question at the start of next season. I did not expect him to pile in with loads of cash. I genuinely trust this board to manage the transition and also ensure our long term financial stability is good.