Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 344 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Of course 'we' all know the word hun annoys you and of course that is part of its enduring attraction. The Tims have adopted tim and no one even notices it is actually possibly sectarian. The 'sheep shaggers' get dressed up as sheep FFS... one boy was accidentally set alight while sheeped up.

But no you cannot accept being called 'huns'. Pathetic lads. And your feeble attempts to stigmatize it only ensure another 100 years of usage.

You are huns. And I say that in a very affectionate way. You need to collectively unclench on this one.

Is this boy you are digging up not a Dundee Utd fan?

17 minutes ago, andymac said:

Is this boy you are digging up not a Dundee Utd fan?

Yes, I think so. Why do you think I was saying not you personally so much?

Edit aye sorry I am fully aware adam is not a rangers fan. I should have made that clearer in my reply. that was lazy. I also enjoy your posts, no offence.

Edited by thplinth

59 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Of course 'we' all know the word hun annoys you and of course that is part of its enduring attraction. The Tims have adopted tim and no one even notices it is actually possibly sectarian. The 'sheep shaggers' get dressed up as sheep FFS... one boy was accidentally set alight while sheeped up.

But no you cannot accept being called 'huns'. Pathetic lads. And your feeble attempts to stigmatize it only ensure another 100 years of usage.

You are huns. And I say that in a very affectionate way. You need to collectively unclench on this one.

'Tim' comes from "The Tim Malloy". Not sure how that is possibly sectarian.

It would be like calling Rangers the "Tongs", after the Ibrox Tongs.

If you know your history, and all that...

8 hours ago, thplinth said:

No they are not saying it 'out of love' just the same way you are not saying 'sheep shagger' or 'tim' or far worse 'out of love'... but no one on the other side sprouts a massive pair of tits and gains a very high pitched voice and starts wailing about 'sectarianism' when it is clearly not and is instead just some shite arsed way to get a word that annoys you outlawed. Just fhuck off with this pish. Not you personally but generally. It is like you (again not you personally) think by going all mock outrage you actually believe you can control the words we speak and the meaning we give them. The problem here is not some pretend crap with the innocent word hun it is instead the real seam of bigotry running deep through the foundations of your own club. Which is why you make such a fuss over the word hun. You actually believe you can reverse this where you are the victims... You are literally off your nut. And every time someone pulls up this hun pish is more evidence of it.

I'm a Dundee United supporter.  

My contention is that by continuing to use words like "Huns" we are encouraging Rangers and their supporters to circle the wagons and driving them into a more extreme sectarian ghetto. 

Head-shaking and sighing is likely appropriate than laws and hostility, if we really want to see the back of this shite for the benefit of Scottish society. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

My contention is that by continuing to use words like "Huns" we are encouraging Rangers and their supporters to circle the wagons and driving them into a more extreme sectarian ghetto. 

Head-shaking and sighing is likely appropriate than laws and hostility, if we really want to see the back of this shite for the benefit of Scottish society. 

They would only find something else to get offended by so we'd have to stop using that word too. 

Have any of Rangers' summer signings been a "success" yet? 

Barton is an unmitigated disaster. 

Kranjcar is made of Dairy Milk and is hardly fit. 

Clint Hill looks like he's 47 years old 

Senderos - :lol: 

Hodson - played about 3 games. 

Rossiter - Seems to have barely played 

Windass - Again, not been able to get in to the team 

Garner - £1.5 million for a guy who doesn't suit the style of play and can't trap a bag of cement

Dodoo - Again, not been able to get much game time. 

Am i missing anyone out? Looks like the magic hat was only good forlooking good against lower league teams. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Garner - £1.5 million for a guy who doesn't suit the style of play and can't trap a bag of cement

Am i missing anyone out? Looks like the magic hat was only good forlooking good against lower league teams. 

Rossiter and Windass have generally been our better performers when they are fit, but they have been hampered by imjuries so far this season.

Crooks was another one of our signings but again he has been injued for most of his time with us.

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

7 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Rossiter and Windass have generally been our better performers when they are fit, but they have been hampered by imjuries so far this season.

Crooks was another one of our signings but again he has been injued for most of his time with us.

You dodged a bullet with Joleon Lescott then!

:lol:

Did this not happen with the loanees from Newcastle? They were all crocked bar Vuckic who admittedly was a success.

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

Yes I am aware you are DU supporter. 

Personally I don't feel that abandoning the truth of the matter and pandering to the madness is somehow going to improve things here.

I think if anything that will only encourage more mock outrage and faux righteous indignation.

It is all so fecking tedious. I think I will just abandon this particular debate as I don't believe they (the ones claiming it) even truly believe it is or ever was sectarian. So what is the point really. 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I can't really disagree with the majority of that.  Hill has looked better the more he's played though and I thought he was one of our better performers yesterday.  Krancjar was also starting to come on to a game before he got injured.  Hodson has looked decent but Taverneir has been one of our few good performers this season so it's been hard for him to get in the team.  Windass, Rossiter and Crooks have barely been fit although in the rare glimpses we've seen have all looked as if they might have something to offer but hard to tell.  Dodoo looks no better than what we already have in terms of McKay, Forrester and O'Halloran and I'd happily drive Garner back down to Preston myself.

36 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I can't really disagree with the majority of that.  Hill has looked better the more he's played though and I thought he was one of our better performers yesterday.  Krancjar was also starting to come on to a game before he got injured.  Hodson has looked decent but Taverneir has been one of our few good performers this season so it's been hard for him to get in the team.  Windass, Rossiter and Crooks have barely been fit although in the rare glimpses we've seen have all looked as if they might have something to offer but hard to tell.  Dodoo looks no better than what we already have in terms of McKay, Forrester and O'Halloran and I'd happily drive Garner back down to Preston myself.

49 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Rossiter and Windass i've not seen much of but i can understand those signings. Young players who have the potential to improve. 

It's the past it haddies like Barton, Hill, Krancjar and Senderos that baffled me. It was obvious that they'd all have been poor signings and ones that won't be coming cheaply. I think most folk could see from the off that they would be bad signings.  

If your manager knew the English market as well as he claims to, he might've been able to get James Maddison on loan before we did. :lol: 

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You dodged a bullet with Joleon Lescott then!

:lol:

Did this not happen with the loanees from Newcastle? They were all crocked bar Vuckic who admittedly was a success.

They were all crocked WHEN THEY ARRIVED, bar Steele...who got injured in his second game :lol:

20 hours ago, Stu101 said:

'Tim' comes from "The Tim Malloy". Not sure how that is possibly sectarian.

It would be like calling Rangers the "Tongs", after the Ibrox Tongs.

If you know your history, and all that...

From the question "Are you a Billy or a Tim" where it refers to religion. Would I make a big deal about that? No, but there is at least a hint of it being religion based whereas Hun just isn't. I cant think of it ever being used in that context. It is just rangers fans, of any denomination. This is truth.

Do we want to live in lah lah land? Who is going to be the boss of that?

Edited by thplinth

23 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

If we aren't Rangers anymore, we can't be huns anymore.  Pretty simple really.  Still a discussion to be had?

different team - same supporters - so still appropriate  :-)

Edited by euan2020

20 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

is the Kitman still around getting paid GBP  65K - GBP 100K ?

That has to be made up surely?

If the figures quoted were true or even close to it, the Rangers kitman was earning more than most Scottish premiership players, while Rangers were in Division 3.

:shocked:

Mental!

26 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

is the Kitman still around getting paid GBP  65K - GBP 100K ?

Yes, but only because he knows the secret route of the half mile water pipe that which allows the water to be nicked from Ibrox Parish church, was critical in the two administrations we have gone in and out of over the last year, and the secret deal hatched with the SFA to hide these from the public. 

Whats your view on the moon landings?

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, euan2020 said:

different team - same supporters - so still appropriate  :-)

Oh right, gotcha.  I'm up for manipulating to suit :ok: