Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 345 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

Graeme Souness has the solution to Rangers problems - spend more money.

:lol:

That is not exactly what he said - so go away, do some more reading, and do not come back until you are prepared to present all the facts on your favourite subject, the Rangers.

Guest BlueGaz

Correct, it's the same people following this bastardised version of Rangers. 

What are you on about?  you are a wannabe.  You talk more about the mighty Rangers than anyone else.  You wanna be one, you just can't admit it.

I feel your pain though, I'm with you brother.

18 hours ago, thplinth said:

Yes I am aware you are DU supporter. 

Personally I don't feel that abandoning the truth of the matter and pandering to the madness is somehow going to improve things here.

I think if anything that will only encourage more mock outrage and faux righteous indignation.

It is all so fecking tedious. I think I will just abandon this particular debate as I don't believe they (the ones claiming it) even truly believe it is or ever was sectarian. So what is the point really. 

I wasn't suggesting it was a sectarian term. Good knows I've used it enough myself and, if it were sectarian, I would be entitled, raised as i was, a Scottish Protestant (now renounced).

i just tire of the endless, relentless bile around the whole subject.  It's not like calling Aberdeen fans sheep shaggers, it's not a funny topic. 

Anyway, I'm boring myself now. 

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

What are you on about?  you are a wannabe.  You talk more about the mighty Rangers than anyone else.  You wanna be one, you just can't admit it.

Yup I'm obsessed, pure obsessed with the people. 

Guest BlueGaz

Yup I'm obsessed, pure obsessed with the people. 

I can help you, you just need to shout out - we are all Scotland fans here, we should help one another when needed.  PM me.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, adamntg said:

What was that?

VDA was doing his wee bit that Souness simply said Rangers should spend more money, regardless of what they have got available, hence probably why he put it in this particular thread.  But Souness was right, if Rangers want to compete with Celtic they need to spend money, but that money has to come from investors/input into the club.  Therefore not spending outwith their means and getting into trouble.  Where Souness was wrong is that its not money and money alone - it has to be spent well obviously.

Guest BlueGaz
13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

"present all the facts" yes your honour I'll go and review my case right now.

Good lad.  Will make you a better poster !!

11 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

VDA was doing his wee bit that Souness simply said Rangers should spend more money, regardless of what they have got available, hence probably why he put it in this particular thread.  But Souness was right, if Rangers want to compete with Celtic they need to spend money, but that money has to come from investors/input into the club.  Therefore not spending outwith their means and getting into trouble.  Where Souness was wrong is that its not money and money alone - it has to be spent well obviously.

That sums up why Souness was a failure as a manager when he wasn't being bankrolled by Murray. 

Nothing about improving players, nothing about making best use of Murray Park to bring through talented young players, nothing about getting more than the sum of their parts through good management. 

Just "buy better players". Honestly, why do folk still listen to this complete clown? A great player in his day but a complete dinosaur in his thinking nowadays, 

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That sums up why Souness was a failure as a manager when he wasn't being bankrolled by Murray. 

Nothing about improving players, nothing about making best use of Murray Park to bring through talented young players, nothing about getting more than the sum of their parts through good management. 

Just "buy better players". Honestly, why do folk still listen to this complete clown? A great player in his day but a complete dinosaur in his thinking nowadays, 

I don't think people do really listen to him to be fair Parky.  Most know that his views are irrelevant.

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I was having a dig at souness for being a moron, bluegaz gets all hot and bothered and then says nobody listens to him anyway..........................hmmmm

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

"I'm with you brother"

Wanky phrase alert.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Why don't Rangers try and live within their means rather than constantly looking for people to pump free money into their club?  It's what everyone else has to do.

United tried it with Eddie Thompson and it didn't work.  Gretna, Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, Rangers - Scottish football is littered with people throwing money at football clubs and it has never ended well.

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

8 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Why don't Rangers try and live within their means rather than constantly looking for people to pump free money into their club?  It's what everyone else has to do.

United tried it with Eddie Thompson and it didn't work.  Gretna, Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, Rangers - Scottish football is littered with people throwing money at football clubs and it has never ended well.

They are the people.

20 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Take a look on Rangers Media and you'll see the mindset of a lot of their fans.

It'll only get worse when Celtic are close to 10IAR.

If Celtic are sitting on 8 titles, Desmond will make sure Celtic get 10. Can see history repeating itself with Rangers chucking money chasing success if that's the case. 

Guest BlueGaz
30 minutes ago, adamntg said:

You need to approach Rangers with your concerns Adam - it wasn't me that did it in the past and it won't be me that does it in the future - can get you the address if you need it, let me know.

given amount of money Rangers generate with gate income etc etc etc, they should be able to put a great team on the park

but the money is continually wasted on bad contracts & mismanagement

The 3 leagues should have given them opportunity to build a war chest, but this was squandered on overpaying guys to win 3 lower level leagues which was un-necessary - could have signed a lot of Steve Tosh type players

Need to suck it up for year or 2 and build their money, right size spend to income - they will come right unfortunately   

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Take a look on Rangers Media and you'll see the mindset of a lot of their fans.

It'll only get worse when Celtic are close to 10IAR.

If Celtic are sitting on 8 titles, Desmond will make sure Celtic get 10. Can see history repeating itself with Rangers chucking money chasing success if that's the case. 

Rangers Media seems to be a special place, the views of the majoirty on there seem vastly different than all of the Rangers supporting people I know.

57 minutes ago, adamntg said:

because there's no way their support would hang around without success.